Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is an Israeli physicist mentioned in this chapter?
2. How is the dominant hand theoretically controlled?
3. What does Wilson say laboring in the kitchen takes?
4. What is Jack restoring?
5. What is a consistent practice common to Feldenkrais and other methods of healing?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the following:
1. What do you think are the characteristics of a successful work of non-fiction?
2. Analyze and discuss The Hand based upon the criteria you decide upon in #1 and judge if The Hand is a successful work of non-fiction/memoir.
3. Is The Hand a book you would recommend to a friend? Why or why not? Explain.
4. Can a non-fictional book be successful and yet many readers not enjoy it? Explain your response.
Essay Topic 2
There are a number of interesting questions raised by The Hand. Questions that Wilson most likely want readers to consider and think through carefully. Discuss the following:
1. What does the term "author agenda" mean?
2. Name one idea/concept you think may have been a part of the Wilson's agenda. Analyze that idea throughout the book and discuss Wilson's probable agenda concerning that idea.
2. Do you think writers who have an agenda for writing should point it out in a preface?
3. How often do you think fiction is written with a clear agenda in mind by the author?
4. Research the life of Wilson and see if/where his life may have influenced his writing.
Essay Topic 3
Hands can learn to function in a complementary partnership, become an articulate organ with which to express oneself and associate complex motor linkages of hand and brain.
1. Give three examples of hands working as complementary partners and explain, in depth, those examples. Use examples from the text to support your answer.
2. What does the author mean by the following statement? Hands can become an articulate organ with which to express itself. Use examples from the text to support your answer.
3. What does the author mean by the following statement? Hands can associate complex motor linkages of hand and brain. Use examples from the text to support your answer.
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)