|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of intelligence does Patricia Greenfield study?
(a) Coordination intelligence.
(b) Patricia Greenfield studies human intelligence as it unfolds in adult behavior over twenty year.s
(c) Physiological intelligence.
(d) Patricia Greenfield studies human intelligence as it unfolds in child behavior twenty years earlier.
2. Who is Reed Hearon?
(a) The most famous chef in the United States.
(b) The owner of LuLu's restaurant.
(c) A math professor at Yale.
(d) Wilson's co-writer.
3. Why does Calvin think the female ape cradles her baby in its left arm?
(a) So the baby can hear the mother's heartbeat.
(b) He has no idea.
(c) It tends to be the longer arm.
(d) It tends to be the stronger arm.
4. What is one of medicine's oldest links?
(a) Magic and its connection with charismatic persuasion.
(b) The Hippocratic oath.
(c) Existence of pathogens.
5. What is a consistent practice common to Feldenkrais and other methods of healing?
(a) Using medicine.
(c) The use of heat.
(d) The use of the hands.
Short Answer Questions
1. What must the magician do for success?
2. How does black magic differ from white magic regarding a patient's belief?
3. For how long has the brain been preadapted for speech?
4. What often dictates which hand is dominate?
5. What develops early in the brain of a child?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Wilson's conclusions about musical talent or heuristic?
2. What is the title of Feldenkrais' book and what does the book claim?
3. What two brain task does Noam Chomsky say are necessary for an individual to speak a language?
4. What does Wilson say about the skills of musical virtuosos?
5. Who is Jeanne Bamberger and what does Wilson write about her work?
6. What is one thing that influences which hand is dominant and what are a couple other characteristics that are often associated with one dominant hand or the other?
7. What does Wilson say about stone knapping?
8. Why does Wilson bring up his friend Jack Schaefer?
9. Describe Peter Reynolds work.
10. Who is Patricia Greenfield and what does she theorize?
This section contains 842 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)