|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What can both humans and primates make?
(c) Complex tools.
2. What rule does Greenfield propose?
(a) A rule that illustrates how a child can sometimes change hand dominence.
(b) A rule that a person uses to decide what skills to develop.
(c) A hierarchical rule generator.
(d) A rule that illustrates how an adult can sometimes change hand dominence.
3. How does black magic differ from white magic regarding a patient's belief?
(a) White depends on the patient's belief in the goodness of God.
(b) It does not differ.
(c) Black depends on the patient's belief in death.
(d) Black magic does not exist.
4. What do some scientists say practicing a skill using one hand more frequently than the other does?
(a) Causes a chemical inbalance.
(b) Creates an unbalance in the brain.
(c) Creates a uneven situation that's difficult to correct.
(d) Makes them better at that skill with that hand.
5. What does Wilson wonder about his daughter?
(a) How she makes her fingers move so fast over the piano keyboard?
(b) If her fingers could move faster over the piano keyboard.
(c) If she can rock climb since she is an accomplished musician.
(d) If her stuttering was what leads to her abilities as a musician.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does "prestidigitation" mean?
2. What is sometimes attributed to intelligence or gender?
3. What is aphasia?
4. What did ground mammals eat at this time?
5. What is one of medicine's oldest links?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Jeanne Bamberger and what does Wilson write about her work?
2. Why does Wilson bring up his friend Jack Schaefer?
3. What does William Calvin believe about female apes?
4. What does Plotkin say about secondary heuristics?
5. How has the hand been used throughout its long history?
6. What do medicine and magic have in common?
7. Explain the studies that are conducted by a joint effort of University of New Mexico and Gallaudet University?
8. What does eating at LuLu teach Wilson?
9. What does Feldenkrais say about how parents can inhibit their child's abilities?
10. What does the author think about concerning a high school language teacher?
This section contains 845 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)