|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Wilson wonder about his daughter?
(a) If her stuttering was what leads to her abilities as a musician.
(b) How she makes her fingers move so fast over the piano keyboard?
(c) If her fingers could move faster over the piano keyboard.
(d) If she can rock climb since she is an accomplished musician.
2. Why does Calvin think the female ape cradles her baby in its left arm?
(a) He has no idea.
(b) It tends to be the stronger arm.
(c) So the baby can hear the mother's heartbeat.
(d) It tends to be the longer arm.
3. Upon what did early medicine rely for healing?
(c) Individual's constitution.
4. Who calls the hidden structure of words "innate syntax"?
(a) Arthur Abramson.
(b) Andrew Carnie.
(c) Frederick de Saussure.
5. Who is Reed Hearon?
(a) The owner of LuLu's restaurant.
(b) The most famous chef in the United States.
(c) A math professor at Yale.
(d) Wilson's co-writer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What area of the brain do scientists believe is specialized for language?
2. What does Wilson say laboring in the kitchen takes?
3. What helps the high school teacher?
4. What does Reynolds do in Australia?
5. What does Wilson say is an emotional experience?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is one of medicine's oldest links and how does it work?
2. What does the author think about concerning a high school language teacher?
3. Who is Jeanne Bamberger and what does Wilson write about her work?
4. What does Wilson say about stone knapping?
5. What does Plotkin say about secondary heuristics?
6. What area of the brain seems to be specialized for language and for how long has this are been adapted for language?
7. What does eating at LuLu teach Wilson?
8. How has the hand been used throughout its long history?
9. What is the result of global climate changes 65 million years ago?
10. Explain the studies that are conducted by a joint effort of University of New Mexico and Gallaudet University?
This section contains 751 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)