|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who coins the term ChomTur?
(a) Frank Wilson.
(b) Michael Chyet.
(c) Noal Chomsky.
(d) Frederick de Saussure.
2. What can can restore feeling to one who has lost a sense of connection with their body and enable movement again?
(a) Regeneration of nerve cells.
(c) The awareness of the effect of the brain on controlling movement.
(d) Small jolts of electricity to muscles.
3. What did ground mammals eat at this time?
(a) Vegetarian matter or carnivores.
(b) Just small rodents.
(c) Mostly birds.
(d) Mostly nuts and grass.
4. What helps the high school teacher?
(a) A government grant.
(c) Her husband.
5. Who is Reed Hearon?
(a) The owner of LuLu's restaurant.
(b) A math professor at Yale.
(c) The most famous chef in the United States.
(d) Wilson's co-writer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do some people claim is not biologically relevant?
2. What is one of medicine's oldest links?
3. What does right-handed knapping tend to do?
4. What is a consistent practice common to Feldenkrais and other methods of healing?
5. How many Feldenkrais sessions does it take to effect a change in a woman with torsion dystonia?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is one of medicine's oldest links and how does it work?
2. What does eating at LuLu teach Wilson?
3. What is one thing that influences which hand is dominant and what are a couple other characteristics that are often associated with one dominant hand or the other?
4. Why can't ground mammals take advantage of this global change?
5. What two brain task does Noam Chomsky say are necessary for an individual to speak a language?
6. What does William Calvin believe about female apes?
7. What are Wilson's conclusions about musical talent or heuristic?
8. Who is Paul Broca and for what is he known?
9. What must chefs do to create a meal?
10. What area of the brain seems to be specialized for language and for how long has this are been adapted for language?
This section contains 670 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)