|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do both knapping and rock climbing require?
(a) Contractions and relaxations.
(b) Just relaxations.
(c) Smooth and non-smooth muscles.
(d) Just contractions.
2. What is one of medicine's oldest links?
(a) The Hippocratic oath.
(b) Existence of pathogens.
(c) Magic and its connection with charismatic persuasion.
3. What distinguishes a proficient surgeon from a mediocre one?
(a) Where one trains.
(b) I. Q
(c) Manual dexterity.
(d) Analysis and perceptual organization.
4. To whom does Wilson refer for information on heuristics of language and music?
(a) Rolf Molich.
(c) Plotkin and Donald.
(d) George Polya.
5. To what do writing and drawing relate?
(a) Many other skills using small tools.
(b) Touch and sight.
(c) Seeing and hearing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What provides visuomotor perception for a doctor?
2. What type of intelligence does Patricia Greenfield study?
3. What is an example of a secondary heuristic?
4. Why does Calvin think the female ape cradles her baby in its left arm?
5. What area of the brain do scientists believe is specialized for language?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does William Calvin believe about female apes?
2. What does eating at LuLu teach Wilson?
3. Why can't ground mammals take advantage of this global change?
4. What is the title of Feldenkrais' book and what does the book claim?
5. What is one thing that influences which hand is dominant and what are a couple other characteristics that are often associated with one dominant hand or the other?
6. What does Wilson say about the skills of musical virtuosos?
7. What is the result of global climate changes 65 million years ago?
8. Why does Wilson bring up his friend Jack Schaefer?
9. Explain the term "BackTur."
10. What two brain task does Noam Chomsky say are necessary for an individual to speak a language?
This section contains 754 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)