|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What area of the brain do scientists believe is specialized for language?
(a) The cerebellum.
(b) The left brain hemisphere.
(c) The frontal lobe.
(d) The right brain hemisphere.
2. What does the Israeli physicist discover?
(a) Certain movements can lead a person with practice to move more smoothly and efficiently.
(b) Quarks are not in this dimension.
(c) Some movements are mimicked on the micro level.
(d) Quarks move faster when someone thinks about their doing so.
3. What is ChomTur?
(a) The term for specialized control mechanisms of language.
(b) A rubric for studying speech patterns.
(c) A rubric for studying brain wave patterns.
(d) A term for specialized control mechanisms of thought.
4. What is aphasia?
(a) A way of charting the areas of the brain.
(b) A language impairment.
(c) A motor impairment that affects the hand.
(d) A disease that limits the function of the medulla.
5. What must the magician do for success?
(a) Create confidence.
(b) Create an illusion.
(c) Create disillusionment.
(d) Create trust.
Short Answer Questions
1. What level is the American Sign Language classified as?
2. To whom does Wilson refer for information on heuristics of language and music?
3. Why does the high school language teacher quit teaching?
4. How do physicians get patients to take their medicines and follow instructions?
5. What does Wilson say is an emotional experience?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is one thing that influences which hand is dominant and what are a couple other characteristics that are often associated with one dominant hand or the other?
2. Who is Moshe Feldenkrais and what does he discover?
3. What do medicine and magic have in common?
4. What does Feldenkrais say about how parents can inhibit their child's abilities?
5. What are Wilson's conclusions about musical talent or heuristic?
6. What type of therapy is used in many cultures and to what does it go back?
7. What two brain task does Noam Chomsky say are necessary for an individual to speak a language?
8. What is the title of Feldenkrais' book and what does the book claim?
9. What is one of medicine's oldest links and how does it work?
10. What does the author think about concerning a high school language teacher?
This section contains 856 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)