|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one level of communicative movement?
(a) Iconic eye movements.
(b) Lying in a fetal position.
(c) Iconic hand gestures.
(d) Sitting in a lotus position.
2. What area of the brain do scientists believe is specialized for language?
(a) The left brain hemisphere.
(b) The right brain hemisphere.
(c) The cerebellum.
(d) The frontal lobe.
3. What is a second language requirement?
(a) The ability to form the tongue into vowel shapes.
(b) The ability to hear.
(c) The ability of the brain to understand the connection between concrete objects and their abstract names.
(d) The ability to put words together in a chain or cluster.
4. What do some people claim is not biologically relevant?
5. By what age do children become improvisers who behave with intelligence?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who calls the hidden structure of words "innate syntax"?
2. What skills does Wilson say today's warriors learn?
3. To what is primate grooming connected?
4. Why does the high school language teacher quit teaching?
5. By what age do most young children begin to make sentences?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)