|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is an Israeli physicist mentioned in this chapter?
(a) Jonathon Fleishman.
(b) Abraham Disera.
(c) Moshe Feldenkrais.
(d) David Golems.
2. What level is the American Sign Language classified as?
(a) The first level.
(b) The fourth level.
(c) The sixth level.
(d) It is not considered.
3. Who is Anat?
(a) A neurosurgeon.
(b) A physical therapist.
(c) A physics professor.
(d) A Feldenkrais practitioner.
4. What is a second language requirement?
(a) The ability to put words together in a chain or cluster.
(b) The ability to hear.
(c) The ability of the brain to understand the connection between concrete objects and their abstract names.
(d) The ability to form the tongue into vowel shapes.
5. What does Reynolds do in Australia?
(a) Study the aborigines.
(b) Study the kangeroo.
(c) Study the koala.
(d) Observe how the aborigines interact with the white people.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one thing today's chef must have?
2. What helps the high school teacher?
3. To whom does Wilson refer for information on heuristics of language and music?
4. How many years ago did changes in global climate initiate an ecosystem of fruits and flowers?
5. With whom does the University of New Mexico perform a study about communicative movements?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is one of medicine's oldest links and how does it work?
2. What is the title of Feldenkrais' book and what does the book claim?
3. Explain the studies that are conducted by a joint effort of University of New Mexico and Gallaudet University?
4. What are Wilson's conclusions about musical talent or heuristic?
5. What area of the brain seems to be specialized for language and for how long has this are been adapted for language?
6. What two brain task does Noam Chomsky say are necessary for an individual to speak a language?
7. Why does Wilson bring up his friend Jack Schaefer?
8. Who is Jeanne Bamberger and what does Wilson write about her work?
9. What does Plotkin say about secondary heuristics?
10. What is one thing that influences which hand is dominant and what are a couple other characteristics that are often associated with one dominant hand or the other?
This section contains 822 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)