|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one thing today's chef must have?
(b) The skills of a warrior.
(c) A good nose for smelling.
2. What is aphasia?
(a) A way of charting the areas of the brain.
(b) A language impairment.
(c) A motor impairment that affects the hand.
(d) A disease that limits the function of the medulla.
3. By what age do children become improvisers who behave with intelligence?
4. What rule does Greenfield propose?
(a) A hierarchical rule generator.
(b) A rule that illustrates how an adult can sometimes change hand dominence.
(c) A rule that illustrates how a child can sometimes change hand dominence.
(d) A rule that a person uses to decide what skills to develop.
5. What did the fruits and flowers provide?
(a) Ground food.
(d) Treetop food.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Israeli physicist perceive as a sophisticated controller of movement?
2. Why does Calvin think the female ape cradles her baby in its left arm?
3. What is another thing today's chef must have?
4. What do some scientists say practicing a skill using one hand more frequently than the other does?
5. What does Feldenkrais facilitate?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Wilson's conclusions about musical talent or heuristic?
2. Who is Jeanne Bamberger and what does Wilson write about her work?
3. What type of therapy is used in many cultures and to what does it go back?
4. What do medicine and magic have in common?
5. Who is Paul Broca and for what is he known?
6. What does William Calvin believe about female apes?
7. What does Plotkin say about secondary heuristics?
8. What does Wilson say about stone knapping?
9. What area of the brain seems to be specialized for language and for how long has this are been adapted for language?
10. How has the hand been used throughout its long history?
This section contains 745 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)