|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom does the University of New Mexico perform a study about communicative movements?
(c) Stanford University.
(d) Gallaudet University.
2. What can cause reduced bodily movement?
(a) Too much exercise.
(b) Lack of nutrition.
(c) Too much unfocused attention.
(d) A lack of attention, ignorance, or laziness.
3. What is ChomTur?
(a) A rubric for studying speech patterns.
(b) A term for specialized control mechanisms of thought.
(c) The term for specialized control mechanisms of language.
(d) A rubric for studying brain wave patterns.
4. According to Chomsky, how many brain tasks are required for speaking language?
5. Who is Anat?
(a) A physics professor.
(b) A neurosurgeon.
(c) A physical therapist.
(d) A Feldenkrais practitioner.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what is Franz Liszt compared?
2. What is one thing today's chef must have?
3. What distinguishes a proficient surgeon from a mediocre one?
4. Why does the high school language teacher quit teaching?
5. What did the fruits and flowers provide?
Short Essay Questions
1. Upon what does early medicine rely?
2. What must chefs do to create a meal?
3. Why can't ground mammals take advantage of this global change?
4. What are Wilson's conclusions about musical talent or heuristic?
5. What does eating at LuLu teach Wilson?
6. Who is Paul Broca and for what is he known?
7. What does Wilson say about the skills of musical virtuosos?
8. Explain the term "BackTur."
9. What is the result of global climate changes 65 million years ago?
10. What do medicine and magic have in common?
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)