|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Chomsky, how many brain tasks are required for speaking language?
2. What skills does Wilson say today's warriors learn?
(b) Hunting and gathering.
(c) Those needed to wield skillets, pots and pans after chopping and slicing in kitchens.
(d) Fishing and hunting.
3. How many years ago did changes in global climate initiate an ecosystem of fruits and flowers?
(a) 10 million.
(b) 65 million.
(c) 1.5 million.
(d) 50 thousand.
4. What does Jack Schaefer do?
(a) Builds homes.
(b) Operates a frame shop.
(c) Designs engines.
(d) Is a photographer.
5. What can can restore feeling to one who has lost a sense of connection with their body and enable movement again?
(b) Regeneration of nerve cells.
(c) The awareness of the effect of the brain on controlling movement.
(d) Small jolts of electricity to muscles.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Wilson learn that cooking is a specific skill using hands to produce an immediate sense of achievement?
2. What does Wilson say is an emotional experience?
3. What does Wilson say laboring in the kitchen takes?
4. What does Reynolds do in Australia?
5. What is a second language requirement?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do medicine and magic have in common?
2. What does the author think about concerning a high school language teacher?
3. What does eating at LuLu teach Wilson?
4. What does Plotkin say about secondary heuristics?
5. What must chefs do to create a meal?
6. Explain the term "BackTur."
7. What does William Calvin believe about female apes?
8. What two brain task does Noam Chomsky say are necessary for an individual to speak a language?
9. What does Feldenkrais say about how parents can inhibit their child's abilities?
10. What type of therapy is used in many cultures and to what does it go back?
This section contains 726 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)