|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does "prestidigitation" mean?
(a) Long fingers.
(b) Digital manipulation.
(c) Quick fingers.
(d) Prehensile thumbs.
2. How does black magic differ from white magic regarding a patient's belief?
(a) Black magic does not exist.
(b) Black depends on the patient's belief in death.
(c) It does not differ.
(d) White depends on the patient's belief in the goodness of God.
3. What does Wilson say laboring in the kitchen takes?
(a) The ability to ignore heat.
(b) Strong emotional health.
(c) The ability to distinguish among subtle flavors.
(d) Strong physical stamina.
4. To what does Kathleen Gibson attribute human intelligence?
(a) Opposable thumbs.
(b) An insatiable curiosity to discover something new.
(c) Dense brain tissue.
(d) The ability to interpret abstract ideas.
5. What does the Israeli physicist perceive as a sophisticated controller of movement?
(a) Amino acids.
(b) The brain.
(d) The heart.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who coins the term ChomTur?
2. How many levels does the continuum of communicative movements have?
3. What is one level of communicative movement?
4. What level is the American Sign Language classified as?
5. What helps the high school teacher?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Wilson say about stone knapping?
2. What two brain task does Noam Chomsky say are necessary for an individual to speak a language?
3. Who is Paul Broca and for what is he known?
4. What is one of medicine's oldest links and how does it work?
5. What do medicine and magic have in common?
6. What area of the brain seems to be specialized for language and for how long has this are been adapted for language?
7. What does Feldenkrais say about how parents can inhibit their child's abilities?
8. Who is Jeanne Bamberger and what does Wilson write about her work?
9. How has the hand been used throughout its long history?
10. What does William Calvin believe about female apes?
This section contains 696 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)