|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Lucy and her descendants get used to doing?
(b) Competiting for food on the savannahs.
2. What does Reynolds do in Australia?
(a) Study the koala.
(b) Study the aborigines.
(c) Study the kangeroo.
(d) Observe how the aborigines interact with the white people.
3. What does "prestidigitation" mean?
(a) Long fingers.
(b) Digital manipulation.
(c) Quick fingers.
(d) Prehensile thumbs.
4. What is aphasia?
(a) A disease that limits the function of the medulla.
(b) A language impairment.
(c) A way of charting the areas of the brain.
(d) A motor impairment that affects the hand.
5. What is one of medicine's oldest links?
(a) Magic and its connection with charismatic persuasion.
(b) Existence of pathogens.
(c) The Hippocratic oath.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who coins the term ChomTur?
2. What area of the brain do scientists believe is specialized for language?
3. What does the Israeli physicist perceive as a sophisticated controller of movement?
4. What is a second language requirement?
5. According to Chomsky, how many brain tasks are required for speaking language?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is one thing that influences which hand is dominant and what are a couple other characteristics that are often associated with one dominant hand or the other?
2. What does eating at LuLu teach Wilson?
3. What are Wilson's conclusions about musical talent or heuristic?
4. Who is Moshe Feldenkrais and what does he discover?
5. What does Wilson say about the skills of musical virtuosos?
6. What is the title of Feldenkrais' book and what does the book claim?
7. What does Wilson say about stone knapping?
8. Explain the studies that are conducted by a joint effort of University of New Mexico and Gallaudet University?
9. What is one of medicine's oldest links and how does it work?
10. What does the author think about concerning a high school language teacher?
This section contains 755 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)