|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do some scientists say practicing a skill using one hand more frequently than the other does?
(a) Makes them better at that skill with that hand.
(b) Creates a uneven situation that's difficult to correct.
(c) Creates an unbalance in the brain.
(d) Causes a chemical inbalance.
2. According to Chomsky, how many brain tasks are required for speaking language?
3. What does Wilson wonder about his daughter?
(a) If her stuttering was what leads to her abilities as a musician.
(b) If her fingers could move faster over the piano keyboard.
(c) If she can rock climb since she is an accomplished musician.
(d) How she makes her fingers move so fast over the piano keyboard?
4. What does Reynolds do in Australia?
(a) Study the aborigines.
(b) Study the koala.
(c) Observe how the aborigines interact with the white people.
(d) Study the kangeroo.
5. What is aphasia?
(a) A motor impairment that affects the hand.
(b) A language impairment.
(c) A way of charting the areas of the brain.
(d) A disease that limits the function of the medulla.
Short Answer Questions
1. What must the magician do for success?
2. What type of intelligence does Patricia Greenfield study?
3. Upon what does the success of a healing practitioner depend?
4. How do physicians get patients to take their medicines and follow instructions?
5. What does the Israeli physicist discover?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the title of Feldenkrais' book and what does the book claim?
2. Who is Patricia Greenfield and what does she theorize?
3. What does eating at LuLu teach Wilson?
4. Why does Wilson bring up his friend Jack Schaefer?
5. What is one of medicine's oldest links and how does it work?
6. What do medicine and magic have in common?
7. Who is Paul Broca and for what is he known?
8. Why can't ground mammals take advantage of this global change?
9. Describe Peter Reynolds work.
10. Explain the term "BackTur."
This section contains 831 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)