Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is David who is mentioned in this chapter?
(a) Wilson's cousin.
(b) An anonymous rock climber.
(c) Wilson's boyhood friend.
(d) Wilson's brother.
2. What does the neocortex size reliably predict?
(c) Evolution rate.
(d) Group size.
3. What is one thing that demonstrates the integration of movement in the shoulder, arm and hand?
(a) The clenching of the fist.
(b) The unfolding of the fingers.
(c) The rotation of the arm.
(d) The rotation of the palm
4. What does Galen discover?
(a) Pairs of muscles are required to pull against each other for action.
(b) Pairs of muscles must pull in the same direction for action.
(c) Muscles cannot pull without ligaments acting in opposition.
(d) Ligaments pull muscles in the same direction for pulling and in opposite directions for pushing
5. What is the other main reason the author writes this book on the hand?
(a) His work as a neurologist.
(b) His work as a painter.
(c) His work as an art teacher.
(d) His work as a orthopedic doctor.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many fingers does George saw off his right hand by accident?
2. How many muscles that are attached to the thumb enable it to do its work?
3. What is the juggling riddle?
4. What supports the conscious dimension of action?
5. What does Rene Decartes think fluid in the eye does?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the crane metaphor Wilson uses.
2. What does Wilson say about juggling as a pastime?
3. What is one of medicine's oldest links and how does it work?
4. What are Wilson's conclusions about musical talent or heuristic?
5. What does Wilson say about stone knapping?
6. Who is Paul Broca and for what is he known?
7. How did Duchenne demonstrate the physiology of movement?
8. What is the result of global climate changes 65 million years ago?
9. What does the addition and transport of weight to the body cause?
10. What does William Calvin believe about female apes?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)