|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one feature of the human hand that Marzke identifies?
(a) Greater range.
(b) Larger knuckles.
(c) Longer thumb.
(d) Greater flexibility.
2. What is one very important problem-solving strategy?
(d) Creating tribes.
3. What does Henry Plotkin propose intelligence is?
(a) A genetically fixed amount.
(b) A secondary heuristic.
(c) A learned response.
(d) A primary heuristic.
4. For what does the thumb have to be long enough?
(a) To touch the last finger at its base.
(b) To reach the fingertips.
(c) To have two joints.
(d) To bend at a 90 degree angle.
5. How is the arm different from the leg in how it's attached to the body?
(a) The arm is suspended away from the body; whereas the leg is anchored to the body..
(b) The arm is attached in several places; whereas, the leg is attached in only one place.
(c) The arm swings 180 degrees; whereas, the leg swings only 90 degrees.
(d) The arm is attached by muscle rather than bone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the ability to design and manufacture tools considered by Wilson?
2. What is the juggling riddle?
3. How does David compensate for his lack of strength?
4. According to Wilson, why do children not usually enjoy doing juggling?
5. What does Charles Bell say practice enables?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do humans need to move out of the jungle?
2. What did Herophilus and Galen discover?
3. What area of the brain seems to be specialized for language and for how long has this are been adapted for language?
4. What does Kieran Egan write in The Educated Mind?
5. How did Duchenne demonstrate the physiology of movement?
6. According to Wilson, what are the two problem-solving strategies that stand out?
7. Why can't ground mammals take advantage of this global change?
8. What are Australopithecines and what is an example of one?
9. What is one of medicine's oldest links and how does it work?
10. What does Wilson say about stone knapping?
This section contains 833 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)