Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the hand's optimal strength lie when rock climbing?
(a) Heel of hand.
2. What is paleoanthropology?
(a) The study of human civilizations.
(b) The study of evolution of animals.
(c) The study of matriarchal civilizations.
(d) The study of ancient, human origins.
3. According to Charles Sherrington, what is a natural progression?
(a) Juggling with increasing number of objects.
(b) The learning of focus.
(c) The learning of motor skills.
(d) Using intent.
4. What does Henry Plotkin propose intelligence is?
(a) A genetically fixed amount.
(b) A primary heuristic.
(c) A secondary heuristic.
(d) A learned response.
5. Who describes the hand as the "consummation of all perfection as an instrument"?
(a) Sir Francis Hemmington.
(b) Issac Newton.
(c) Francis Bacon.
(d) Sir Charles Bell.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the hand considered in the metaphor in number 26?
2. According to Wilson, what did the expansion of territory by hominids require?
3. To what do marionettes exhibit similarities?
4. What does the coordination of muscles, tendons, ligaments, and bones do?
5. According to Wilson, why do children not usually enjoy doing juggling?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Jeanne Bamberger and what does Wilson write about her work?
2. What two terms does Duchenne propose for the scale of movement required by two hands acting in partnership?
3. How does Seymour Sarason believe education can succeed?
4. Who is Patricia Greenfield and what does she theorize?
5. What does Mary Marzke classify and how does she do so?
6. What are the eight features of the human hand according to Mary Marzke?
7. How does the touch of the pianist differ from that of the rock climber?
8. What does Charles Bell believe about practice?
9. What does Wilson say about our hands and feet as we are about to waken and right after?
10. What does Plotkin say about secondary heuristics?
This section contains 705 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)