|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Robin Dunbar?
(a) A professor of biology.
(b) A professor of genealogy.
(c) A professor of archeology.
(d) A professor of anthropology.
2. What does Duchenne figure out how to demonstrate?
(a) The way a muscle contracts in order to push.
(b) The way an electrical charge stops movement.
(c) The physiology of movement.
(d) The way a muscle expands in order to pull.
3. What is the hand's optimal position over the keyboard?
(a) With the fingers fairly rigid.
(b) A gentle curve.
(c) With the palm slightly convex.
(d) With the fingers spread as far as possible.
4. What sport does David participate in during High School?
5. What does Charles Bell say practice enables?
(a) The juggler to talk and juggle at the same time.
(b) The hand and eye to develop as sense organs.
(c) The juggler to manage a dozen or more objects.
(d) The juggler to juggle and chew gum at the same time.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many fingers does George saw off his right hand by accident?
2. What operator has to do to anticipate load weight and wind changes?
3. What is the juggling riddle?
4. Who describes the hand as the "consummation of all perfection as an instrument"?
5. How many muscles that are attached to the thumb enable it to do its work?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do humans need to move out of the jungle?
2. How were the ape and human hands compared anatomically until recently?
3. Who is David and how is he able to succeed at wrestling despite not being very strong?
4. Explain the crane metaphor Wilson uses.
5. What does practice after learning do?
6. What is Wilson's "mission" with this book?
7. Who is George, and what does Wilson say about him?
8. According to Wilson, what are the two problem-solving strategies that stand out?
9. What does Charles Bell believe about practice?
10. What does the addition and transport of weight to the body cause?
This section contains 760 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)