|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Until recently, how have anthropologists perceived ape and human hands?
(a) As structurally radically different.
(b) As functionally equivalent.
(c) As functionally very different.
(d) As structurally equivalent.
2. According to Wilson, what did the expansion of territory by hominids require?
(a) Group cooperation.
(b) Good leadership.
(c) Inequality of the sexes.
(d) Equality of the sexes.
3. According to Charles Sherrington, what is a natural progression?
(a) Juggling with increasing number of objects.
(b) Using intent.
(c) The learning of focus.
(d) The learning of motor skills.
4. What is the strength of a climber's grip on a rock face?
(a) There is no way to calculate that figure.
(b) Up to 80 pounds per square inch.
(c) Ups to 120 pound per square inch.
(d) Up to 50 pounds per square inch.
5. How long can a grip on a rock last for a climber?
(a) It is incalculable.
(b) Several minutes.
(c) Twenty seconds.
(d) Forty seconds.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the purpose of the shoulder, arm and hand in being fully integrated?
2. What operator has to do to anticipate load weight and wind changes?
3. What did hominids require in order to expand their range beyond the jungle?
4. What does Galvani discover about electrical forces?
5. What does juggling as learned and performed by Percelly provide?
Short Essay Questions
1. What two terms does Duchenne propose for the scale of movement required by two hands acting in partnership?
2. Who is George, and what does Wilson say about him?
3. What is the connection between marionettes and the human muscle and tendon configuration in the arms and legs?
4. How did Duchenne demonstrate the physiology of movement?
5. What is Wilson's "mission" with this book?
6. What does Mary Marzke classify and how does she do so?
7. Who is David and how is he able to succeed at wrestling despite not being very strong?
8. What does Wilson propose as the juggling riddle, and why do children not aspire to juggle?
9. What did Herophilus and Galen discover?
10. What has to happen in order for the thumb to be useful?
This section contains 793 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)