|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Israeli physicist discover?
(a) Some movements are mimicked on the micro level.
(b) Quarks are not in this dimension.
(c) Quarks move faster when someone thinks about their doing so.
(d) Certain movements can lead a person with practice to move more smoothly and efficiently.
2. Upon what did early medicine rely for healing?
(c) Individual's constitution.
3. What do Haeckel, Reynolds and Dunbar confirm?
(a) Aspects of the evolutionary process perceived in Greenfield's theory.
(b) Children become improvisers before they can even talk.
(c) Apes and children have a very different evolutionary process from about six months on.
(d) Children become problem solvers even before they can talk.
4. What provides visuomotor perception for a doctor?
(a) The use of MRI and Cat scans.
(b) The use of mirrors and microscopes.
(c) The use of intuition.
(d) The use of hands and sight.
5. How many Feldenkrais sessions does it take to effect a change in a woman with torsion dystonia?
6. What does the Israeli physicist perceive as a sophisticated controller of movement?
(a) Amino acids.
(b) The brain.
(c) The heart.
7. What did the fruits and flowers provide?
(a) Treetop food.
(d) Ground food.
8. To whom does Wilson refer for information on heuristics of language and music?
(b) George Polya.
(c) Rolf Molich.
(d) Plotkin and Donald.
9. What can both humans and primates make?
(a) Complex tools.
10. What is BachTur?
(a) The way music enables speech.
(b) The musical equivalent of ChomTur.
(c) The way music stimulates the parts of the brain the deal with language.
(d) There is no such term.
11. What often dictates which hand is dominate?
(a) The baby deciding to use one or the other more often.
(b) The smaller of the two hands tends to be dominent.
(c) Social pressures.
(d) The larger of the two hands tends to be dominent.
12. Why does the high school language teacher quit teaching?
(a) She decides to go back to school.
(b) She decides to go into the military.
(c) Her left side becomes paralyzed.
(d) She wants to be a stay-at-home mom.
13. What develops early in the brain of a child?
(a) Musical talent or heuristic.
(c) The ability to distinguish tones.
(d) Complex speech patterns.
14. What helps the high school teacher?
(a) A government grant.
(b) Her husband.
15. What is a "laterality quotient"?
(a) A spectrum of use.
(b) A quotient the brain evolves to determine dominance.
(c) A spectrum of handedness.
(d) A way to decide if one hand will perform a task or the other.
Short Answer Questions
1. Upon what does the success of a healing practitioner depend?
2. Who is Anat?
3. What does Wilson wonder about his daughter?
4. What does the beginning of this chapter say the hand been used throughout its long history?
5. Why does Calvin think the female ape cradles her baby in its left arm?
This section contains 566 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)