|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Israeli physicist perceive as a sophisticated controller of movement?
(a) Amino acids.
(c) The heart.
(d) The brain.
2. What do great pianists no precede?
(c) The invention of the piano.
(d) Human language.
3. What is BachTur?
(a) The way music enables speech.
(b) The way music stimulates the parts of the brain the deal with language.
(c) There is no such term.
(d) The musical equivalent of ChomTur.
4. Upon what did early medicine rely for healing?
(b) Individual's constitution.
5. What does the Israeli physicist desire to do rather than increasing muscle strength in a paralyzed person?
(a) Decrease messag flow to the brain so as not to overwhelm.
(b) Increase pain tolerance levels.
(c) Increase muscle flexibility.
(d) Return message flow from the brain as it was before paralysis.
6. What are developed rather than existing from birth?
(a) Human intelligence and ability to think.
(b) Human intelligence, talent and skill.
(d) Talent and language skills.
7. What do some scientists say practicing a skill using one hand more frequently than the other does?
(a) Creates an unbalance in the brain.
(b) Causes a chemical inbalance.
(c) Creates a uneven situation that's difficult to correct.
(d) Makes them better at that skill with that hand.
8. What is a second language requirement?
(a) The ability to hear.
(b) The ability to form the tongue into vowel shapes.
(c) The ability of the brain to understand the connection between concrete objects and their abstract names.
(d) The ability to put words together in a chain or cluster.
9. How many years ago did changes in global climate initiate an ecosystem of fruits and flowers?
(a) 1.5 million.
(b) 10 million.
(c) 65 million.
(d) 50 thousand.
10. What is one of medicine's oldest links?
(a) Magic and its connection with charismatic persuasion.
(b) The Hippocratic oath.
(d) Existence of pathogens.
11. In what way does Yves Guiard propose both hands perform?
(c) In opposition.
(d) In partnership.
12. What can cause reduced bodily movement?
(a) Too much unfocused attention.
(b) A lack of attention, ignorance, or laziness.
(c) Lack of nutrition.
(d) Too much exercise.
13. What is a polylith?
(a) An object made completely of fibers.
(b) A drawing with several layers.
(c) A drawing that is three dimensional.
(d) An object made of joined units or subassemblies.
14. Who calls the hidden structure of words "innate syntax"?
(a) Frederick de Saussure.
(b) Arthur Abramson.
(d) Andrew Carnie.
15. For how long has the brain been preadapted for speech?
(a) More than a million years.
(b) For about 10,000 years.
(c) Over 100,000 years.
(d) For about 25,000 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What rule does Greenfield propose?
2. What does Wilson say is not genetic?
3. How many levels does the continuum of communicative movements have?
4. How does black magic differ from white magic regarding a patient's belief?
5. What can both humans and primates make?
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)