|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What must the magician do for success?
(a) Create trust.
(b) Create confidence.
(c) Create disillusionment.
(d) Create an illusion.
2. Who coins the term ChomTur?
(a) Noal Chomsky.
(b) Frederick de Saussure.
(c) Frank Wilson.
(d) Michael Chyet.
3. What distinguishes a proficient surgeon from a mediocre one?
(a) I. Q
(b) Where one trains.
(c) Analysis and perceptual organization.
(d) Manual dexterity.
4. What level is the American Sign Language classified as?
(a) The first level.
(b) The fourth level.
(c) It is not considered.
(d) The sixth level.
5. How does Greenfield say she knows how a child will solve Greenfield's stick puzzle?
(a) By observing which foot the child starts out on when walking.
(b) By observing which thumb is larger.
(c) By knowing the child's age.
(d) By knowing if the child can read.
6. Who must suspend their disbelief?
(a) No one.
(b) The patient.
(c) The doctor.
(d) The Shamen.
7. What area of the brain do scientists believe is specialized for language?
(a) The left brain hemisphere.
(b) The frontal lobe.
(c) The right brain hemisphere.
(d) The cerebellum.
8. How is the dominant hand theoretically controlled?
(a) They have no concrete evidence as to how it's determined.
(b) The number of nerve endings in each hand.
9. What is BachTur?
(a) The way music stimulates the parts of the brain the deal with language.
(b) The musical equivalent of ChomTur.
(c) There is no such term.
(d) The way music enables speech.
10. What does the beginning of this chapter say the hand been used throughout its long history?
(a) For both social interaction and attention.
(b) Only as a tool.
(c) As a means of conquering.
(d) To create art.
11. Why does the high school language teacher quit teaching?
(a) She wants to be a stay-at-home mom.
(b) She decides to go back to school.
(c) Her left side becomes paralyzed.
(d) She decides to go into the military.
12. What can can restore feeling to one who has lost a sense of connection with their body and enable movement again?
(a) Regeneration of nerve cells.
(c) Small jolts of electricity to muscles.
(d) The awareness of the effect of the brain on controlling movement.
13. What is one thing today's chef must have?
(a) The skills of a warrior.
(c) A good nose for smelling.
14. What type of intelligence does Patricia Greenfield study?
(a) Physiological intelligence.
(b) Patricia Greenfield studies human intelligence as it unfolds in adult behavior over twenty year.s
(c) Patricia Greenfield studies human intelligence as it unfolds in child behavior twenty years earlier.
(d) Coordination intelligence.
15. What is sometimes attributed to intelligence or gender?
(a) The uses to which one puts the hand.
(b) Which hand one uses as the dominent hand.
(c) Good penmanship.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a consistent practice common to Feldenkrais and other methods of healing?
2. To what do writing and drawing relate?
3. What does "prestidigitation" mean?
4. What do great pianists no precede?
5. How does Broca identify an area in the brain that controls speech?
This section contains 543 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)