|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does William Calvin claim about female apes?
(a) They nurture less than the males.
(b) They are the main hunters.
(c) They fight more than the males.
(d) They are often grouped by age.
2. How is the dominant hand theoretically controlled?
(c) The number of nerve endings in each hand.
(d) They have no concrete evidence as to how it's determined.
3. What does Wilson wonder about his daughter?
(a) If her fingers could move faster over the piano keyboard.
(b) If her stuttering was what leads to her abilities as a musician.
(c) How she makes her fingers move so fast over the piano keyboard?
(d) If she can rock climb since she is an accomplished musician.
4. What distinguishes a proficient surgeon from a mediocre one?
(a) Manual dexterity.
(b) Analysis and perceptual organization.
(c) I. Q
(d) Where one trains.
5. By what age do most young children begin to make sentences?
(c) 6 months.
6. What area of the brain do scientists believe is specialized for language?
(a) The left brain hemisphere.
(b) The cerebellum.
(c) The right brain hemisphere.
(d) The frontal lobe.
7. Why don't the ground mammals at this time eat the fruit in the trees?
(a) They are mostly carnivorous.
(b) They have plenty on the ground without caring about climbing up above.
(c) They are too heavy to climb the tree.
(d) They do eat the tree fruits.
8. What skills does Wilson say today's warriors learn?
(a) Hunting and gathering.
(b) Those needed to wield skillets, pots and pans after chopping and slicing in kitchens.
(d) Fishing and hunting.
9. What develops early in the brain of a child?
(a) Musical talent or heuristic.
(b) Complex speech patterns.
(d) The ability to distinguish tones.
10. What do some scientists say practicing a skill using one hand more frequently than the other does?
(a) Makes them better at that skill with that hand.
(b) Creates a uneven situation that's difficult to correct.
(c) Creates an unbalance in the brain.
(d) Causes a chemical inbalance.
11. What do Lucy and her descendants get used to doing?
(a) Competiting for food on the savannahs.
12. What does Wilson say laboring in the kitchen takes?
(a) Strong physical stamina.
(b) The ability to ignore heat.
(c) Strong emotional health.
(d) The ability to distinguish among subtle flavors.
13. What does Reynolds do in Australia?
(a) Study the koala.
(b) Observe how the aborigines interact with the white people.
(c) Study the aborigines.
(d) Study the kangeroo.
14. What level is the American Sign Language classified as?
(a) The fourth level.
(b) The first level.
(c) The sixth level.
(d) It is not considered.
15. How does black magic differ from white magic regarding a patient's belief?
(a) Black magic does not exist.
(b) Black depends on the patient's belief in death.
(c) It does not differ.
(d) White depends on the patient's belief in the goodness of God.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Jack restoring?
2. What is one of medicine's oldest links?
3. Upon what does the success of a healing practitioner depend?
4. What is ChomTur?
5. Upon what did early medicine rely for healing?
This section contains 550 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)