|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is another thing today's chef must have?
(a) The aesthetics of a poet.
(b) The joy of a newborn baby.
(c) The heart of a lion.
(d) The curiosity of a cat.
2. What is aphasia?
(a) A motor impairment that affects the hand.
(b) A language impairment.
(c) A disease that limits the function of the medulla.
(d) A way of charting the areas of the brain.
3. What does the Israeli physicist perceive as a sophisticated controller of movement?
(a) The heart.
(c) The brain.
(d) Amino acids.
4. Who must suspend their disbelief?
(a) The Shamen.
(b) No one.
(c) The doctor.
(d) The patient.
5. According to Chomsky, how many brain tasks are required for speaking language?
6. What can can restore feeling to one who has lost a sense of connection with their body and enable movement again?
(a) Regeneration of nerve cells.
(b) The awareness of the effect of the brain on controlling movement.
(d) Small jolts of electricity to muscles.
7. How does Greenfield say she knows how a child will solve Greenfield's stick puzzle?
(a) By knowing if the child can read.
(b) By observing which foot the child starts out on when walking.
(c) By observing which thumb is larger.
(d) By knowing the child's age.
8. With whom does the University of New Mexico perform a study about communicative movements?
(a) Stanford University.
(d) Gallaudet University.
9. Who calls the hidden structure of words "innate syntax"?
(b) Frederick de Saussure.
(c) Andrew Carnie.
(d) Arthur Abramson.
10. How many years ago did changes in global climate initiate an ecosystem of fruits and flowers?
(a) 65 million.
(b) 1.5 million.
(c) 50 thousand.
(d) 10 million.
11. Why does the high school language teacher quit teaching?
(a) She decides to go into the military.
(b) She decides to go back to school.
(c) Her left side becomes paralyzed.
(d) She wants to be a stay-at-home mom.
12. What is one thing today's chef must have?
(a) The skills of a warrior.
(d) A good nose for smelling.
13. Who is Anat?
(a) A neurosurgeon.
(b) A physical therapist.
(c) A Feldenkrais practitioner.
(d) A physics professor.
14. Why does Calvin think the female ape cradles her baby in its left arm?
(a) It tends to be the longer arm.
(b) He has no idea.
(c) It tends to be the stronger arm.
(d) So the baby can hear the mother's heartbeat.
15. What is an example of a secondary heuristic?
(a) Human language.
(b) Using one thing such as fingers to perform something that it normally would not do.
(c) Psychic abilities.
(d) A primary heuristic that is used in a non-primary way.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does Wilson refer for information on heuristics of language and music?
2. What does Wilson say is an emotional experience?
3. What do great pianists no precede?
4. What is a "laterality quotient"?
5. Who coins the term ChomTur?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)