|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do great pianists no precede?
(a) The invention of the piano.
(b) Human language.
2. What does Reynolds do in Australia?
(a) Observe how the aborigines interact with the white people.
(b) Study the kangeroo.
(c) Study the aborigines.
(d) Study the koala.
3. What do Lucy and her descendants get used to doing?
(a) Competiting for food on the savannahs.
4. Who is Reed Hearon?
(a) The owner of LuLu's restaurant.
(b) Wilson's co-writer.
(c) The most famous chef in the United States.
(d) A math professor at Yale.
5. How does Greenfield say she knows how a child will solve Greenfield's stick puzzle?
(a) By knowing the child's age.
(b) By observing which thumb is larger.
(c) By observing which foot the child starts out on when walking.
(d) By knowing if the child can read.
6. What does Jack Schaefer do?
(a) Is a photographer.
(b) Builds homes.
(c) Designs engines.
(d) Operates a frame shop.
7. Who coins the term ChomTur?
(a) Noal Chomsky.
(b) Frank Wilson.
(c) Michael Chyet.
(d) Frederick de Saussure.
8. Why does Calvin think the female ape cradles her baby in its left arm?
(a) So the baby can hear the mother's heartbeat.
(b) It tends to be the stronger arm.
(c) He has no idea.
(d) It tends to be the longer arm.
9. What did the fruits and flowers provide?
(b) Ground food.
(c) Treetop food.
10. Why don't the ground mammals at this time eat the fruit in the trees?
(a) They are mostly carnivorous.
(b) They have plenty on the ground without caring about climbing up above.
(c) They are too heavy to climb the tree.
(d) They do eat the tree fruits.
11. How does black magic differ from white magic regarding a patient's belief?
(a) It does not differ.
(b) White depends on the patient's belief in the goodness of God.
(c) Black depends on the patient's belief in death.
(d) Black magic does not exist.
12. What is one of medicine's oldest links?
(a) Existence of pathogens.
(c) The Hippocratic oath.
(d) Magic and its connection with charismatic persuasion.
13. What is another thing today's chef must have?
(a) The curiosity of a cat.
(b) The joy of a newborn baby.
(c) The heart of a lion.
(d) The aesthetics of a poet.
14. What skills does Wilson say today's warriors learn?
(b) Hunting and gathering.
(c) Those needed to wield skillets, pots and pans after chopping and slicing in kitchens.
(d) Fishing and hunting.
15. What do some scientists say practicing a skill using one hand more frequently than the other does?
(a) Creates a uneven situation that's difficult to correct.
(b) Creates an unbalance in the brain.
(c) Makes them better at that skill with that hand.
(d) Causes a chemical inbalance.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a consistent practice common to Feldenkrais and other methods of healing?
2. How is the dominant hand theoretically controlled?
3. By what age do most young children begin to make sentences?
4. What is a "laterality quotient"?
5. What do Haeckel, Reynolds and Dunbar confirm?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)