|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jack Schaefer do?
(a) Operates a frame shop.
(b) Builds homes.
(c) Is a photographer.
(d) Designs engines.
2. What can can restore feeling to one who has lost a sense of connection with their body and enable movement again?
(a) The awareness of the effect of the brain on controlling movement.
(c) Regeneration of nerve cells.
(d) Small jolts of electricity to muscles.
3. What is Jack restoring?
(a) A 1944 Dodge.
(b) A 1956 Chevy.
(c) A 1954 Dodge.
(d) A 1949 Mercury.
4. Who must suspend their disbelief?
(a) No one.
(b) The patient.
(c) The doctor.
(d) The Shamen.
5. What often dictates which hand is dominate?
(a) The smaller of the two hands tends to be dominent.
(b) Social pressures.
(c) The larger of the two hands tends to be dominent.
(d) The baby deciding to use one or the other more often.
6. What does "prestidigitation" mean?
(a) Quick fingers.
(b) Prehensile thumbs.
(c) Digital manipulation.
(d) Long fingers.
7. According to Chomsky, how many brain tasks are required for speaking language?
8. What can cause reduced bodily movement?
(a) Too much unfocused attention.
(b) Lack of nutrition.
(c) Too much exercise.
(d) A lack of attention, ignorance, or laziness.
9. How is the dominant hand theoretically controlled?
(a) The number of nerve endings in each hand.
(d) They have no concrete evidence as to how it's determined.
10. What do some people claim is not biologically relevant?
11. What distinguishes a proficient surgeon from a mediocre one?
(a) I. Q
(b) Manual dexterity.
(c) Analysis and perceptual organization.
(d) Where one trains.
12. What is one of medicine's oldest links?
(b) Existence of pathogens.
(c) The Hippocratic oath.
(d) Magic and its connection with charismatic persuasion.
13. What is a polylith?
(a) A drawing with several layers.
(b) An object made of joined units or subassemblies.
(c) An object made completely of fibers.
(d) A drawing that is three dimensional.
14. To what do writing and drawing relate?
(a) Touch and sight.
(b) Seeing and hearing.
(c) Many other skills using small tools.
15. By what age do most young children begin to make sentences?
(b) 6 months.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Lucy and her descendants get used to doing?
2. What do Haeckel, Reynolds and Dunbar confirm?
3. What is one level of communicative movement?
4. By what age do children become improvisers who behave with intelligence?
5. What does Reynolds do in Australia?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)