|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Israeli physicist perceive as a sophisticated controller of movement?
(a) Amino acids.
(c) The brain.
(d) The heart.
2. With whom does the University of New Mexico perform a study about communicative movements?
(b) Gallaudet University.
(d) Stanford University.
3. What type of intelligence does Patricia Greenfield study?
(a) Coordination intelligence.
(b) Patricia Greenfield studies human intelligence as it unfolds in adult behavior over twenty year.s
(c) Patricia Greenfield studies human intelligence as it unfolds in child behavior twenty years earlier.
(d) Physiological intelligence.
4. To whom does Wilson refer for information on heuristics of language and music?
(a) Plotkin and Donald.
(c) Rolf Molich.
(d) George Polya.
5. What does Wilson say is not genetic?
(a) The ability to learn languages.
(b) The ability to hear tone.
(c) Musical talent.
(d) The ability to sing.
6. To what is primate grooming connected?
(a) Hands-on therapy.
(b) Learning dexterity.
(c) Human grooming.
(d) Learning ways to use the hands.
7. What does Jack Schaefer do?
(a) Builds homes.
(b) Is a photographer.
(c) Designs engines.
(d) Operates a frame shop.
8. What does Peter Reynolds spend years doing in New Guinea?
(a) Observing young baboons.
(b) Studying the ancient artifacts of the extinct culture.
(c) Observing gorillas.
(d) Observing chimpanzees.
9. What is one level of communicative movement?
(a) Iconic eye movements.
(b) Sitting in a lotus position.
(c) Iconic hand gestures.
(d) Lying in a fetal position.
10. What does right-handed knapping tend to do?
(a) Produce more flakes than left-handed knapping.
(b) Makes the knapper more create in how s/he makes the tool.
(c) Makes the knapper more proficient with both hands.
(d) Makes the left hand atrophy.
11. What is a consistent practice common to Feldenkrais and other methods of healing?
(a) Using medicine.
(c) The use of the hands.
(d) The use of heat.
12. Who is the author of Awareness Through Movement?
(a) It was an anonymous publication.
(b) Moshe Feldenkrais.
(c) Jonathon Fleishman.
(d) Frank Wilson.
13. What develops early in the brain of a child?
(a) Complex speech patterns.
(b) The ability to distinguish tones.
(c) Musical talent or heuristic.
14. What did the fruits and flowers provide?
(b) Treetop food.
(c) Ground food.
15. According to Chomsky, how many brain tasks are required for speaking language?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is an example of a secondary heuristic?
2. What is sometimes attributed to intelligence or gender?
3. What do some people claim is not biologically relevant?
4. What is one thing today's chef must have?
5. What skills does Wilson say today's warriors learn?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)