|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is an example of a secondary heuristic?
(a) A primary heuristic that is used in a non-primary way.
(b) Psychic abilities.
(c) Human language.
(d) Using one thing such as fingers to perform something that it normally would not do.
2. In what way does Yves Guiard propose both hands perform?
(a) In opposition.
(c) In partnership.
3. What can both humans and primates make?
(a) Complex tools.
4. By what age do children become improvisers who behave with intelligence?
5. What is one level of communicative movement?
(a) Iconic hand gestures.
(b) Lying in a fetal position.
(c) Iconic eye movements.
(d) Sitting in a lotus position.
6. Why don't the ground mammals at this time eat the fruit in the trees?
(a) They do eat the tree fruits.
(b) They are mostly carnivorous.
(c) They have plenty on the ground without caring about climbing up above.
(d) They are too heavy to climb the tree.
7. Who must suspend their disbelief?
(a) The patient.
(b) The Shamen.
(c) No one.
(d) The doctor.
8. What is a polylith?
(a) An object made completely of fibers.
(b) A drawing with several layers.
(c) An object made of joined units or subassemblies.
(d) A drawing that is three dimensional.
9. What does William Calvin claim about female apes?
(a) They are often grouped by age.
(b) They nurture less than the males.
(c) They are the main hunters.
(d) They fight more than the males.
10. Who is Reed Hearon?
(a) A math professor at Yale.
(b) Wilson's co-writer.
(c) The owner of LuLu's restaurant.
(d) The most famous chef in the United States.
11. What is a "laterality quotient"?
(a) A way to decide if one hand will perform a task or the other.
(b) A spectrum of handedness.
(c) A quotient the brain evolves to determine dominance.
(d) A spectrum of use.
12. What does the Israeli physicist perceive as a sophisticated controller of movement?
(a) The brain.
(b) Amino acids.
(d) The heart.
13. By what age do most young children begin to make sentences?
(b) 6 months.
14. What is Jack restoring?
(a) A 1944 Dodge.
(b) A 1956 Chevy.
(c) A 1949 Mercury.
(d) A 1954 Dodge.
15. What can cause reduced bodily movement?
(a) A lack of attention, ignorance, or laziness.
(b) Lack of nutrition.
(c) Too much exercise.
(d) Too much unfocused attention.
Short Answer Questions
1. What must the magician do for success?
2. What is a consistent practice common to Feldenkrais and other methods of healing?
3. How does Broca identify an area in the brain that controls speech?
4. What did the fruits and flowers provide?
5. What is another thing today's chef must have?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)