|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Israeli physicist perceive as a sophisticated controller of movement?
(a) Amino acids.
(c) The brain.
(d) The heart.
2. What does the Israeli physicist desire to do rather than increasing muscle strength in a paralyzed person?
(a) Return message flow from the brain as it was before paralysis.
(b) Decrease messag flow to the brain so as not to overwhelm.
(c) Increase muscle flexibility.
(d) Increase pain tolerance levels.
3. What does Wilson say is not genetic?
(a) Musical talent.
(b) The ability to hear tone.
(c) The ability to learn languages.
(d) The ability to sing.
4. To what is Franz Liszt compared?
(a) Mozart's ability to create music at a very early age.
(c) Darwin's theory of survival of the fittest.
5. Who is Reed Hearon?
(a) Wilson's co-writer.
(b) The owner of LuLu's restaurant.
(c) A math professor at Yale.
(d) The most famous chef in the United States.
6. How do physicians get patients to take their medicines and follow instructions?
(a) Giving the instructions to a loved one to supervise.
(b) They have no way to do so.
(c) Threatening them.
(d) Encouragement or charm.
7. What can cause reduced bodily movement?
(a) Too much exercise.
(b) Too much unfocused attention.
(c) A lack of attention, ignorance, or laziness.
(d) Lack of nutrition.
8. Upon what did early medicine rely for healing?
(c) Individual's constitution.
9. What are developed rather than existing from birth?
(a) Talent and language skills.
(b) Human intelligence, talent and skill.
(d) Human intelligence and ability to think.
10. What is one of medicine's oldest links?
(a) Existence of pathogens.
(b) Magic and its connection with charismatic persuasion.
(d) The Hippocratic oath.
11. According to Chomsky, how many brain tasks are required for speaking language?
12. How does black magic differ from white magic regarding a patient's belief?
(a) White depends on the patient's belief in the goodness of God.
(b) Black magic does not exist.
(c) It does not differ.
(d) Black depends on the patient's belief in death.
13. What does "prestidigitation" mean?
(a) Long fingers.
(b) Prehensile thumbs.
(c) Digital manipulation.
(d) Quick fingers.
14. What is ChomTur?
(a) A rubric for studying speech patterns.
(b) A rubric for studying brain wave patterns.
(c) A term for specialized control mechanisms of thought.
(d) The term for specialized control mechanisms of language.
15. Who is an Israeli physicist mentioned in this chapter?
(a) Abraham Disera.
(b) Moshe Feldenkrais.
(c) David Golems.
(d) Jonathon Fleishman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the beginning of this chapter say the hand been used throughout its long history?
2. What skills does Wilson say today's warriors learn?
3. Upon what does the success of a healing practitioner depend?
4. Who calls the hidden structure of words "innate syntax"?
5. To whom does Wilson refer for information on heuristics of language and music?
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)