|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what is Franz Liszt compared?
(b) Darwin's theory of survival of the fittest.
(c) Mozart's ability to create music at a very early age.
2. What does William Calvin claim about female apes?
(a) They are often grouped by age.
(b) They fight more than the males.
(c) They are the main hunters.
(d) They nurture less than the males.
3. Who is Anat?
(a) A neurosurgeon.
(b) A Feldenkrais practitioner.
(c) A physics professor.
(d) A physical therapist.
4. What does Feldenkrais facilitate?
(a) Learning what one already knows.
(b) Relearning what is not learned.
(c) Moving through a full range of motion.
(d) Moving without awareness.
5. How many Feldenkrais sessions does it take to effect a change in a woman with torsion dystonia?
6. What is a consistent practice common to Feldenkrais and other methods of healing?
(a) Using medicine.
(b) The use of heat.
(d) The use of the hands.
7. What does Wilson say is an emotional experience?
(b) Interacting with an aclaimed chef.
(c) Completing a perfect, nine-course meal.
(d) Learning a new skill.
8. How many years ago did changes in global climate initiate an ecosystem of fruits and flowers?
(a) 65 million.
(b) 10 million.
(c) 50 thousand.
(d) 1.5 million.
9. Who is Reed Hearon?
(a) Wilson's co-writer.
(b) The most famous chef in the United States.
(c) A math professor at Yale.
(d) The owner of LuLu's restaurant.
10. What does Reynolds do in Australia?
(a) Observe how the aborigines interact with the white people.
(b) Study the koala.
(c) Study the aborigines.
(d) Study the kangeroo.
11. What is a "laterality quotient"?
(a) A spectrum of handedness.
(b) A way to decide if one hand will perform a task or the other.
(c) A quotient the brain evolves to determine dominance.
(d) A spectrum of use.
12. What does right-handed knapping tend to do?
(a) Makes the knapper more proficient with both hands.
(b) Makes the knapper more create in how s/he makes the tool.
(c) Makes the left hand atrophy.
(d) Produce more flakes than left-handed knapping.
13. What can can restore feeling to one who has lost a sense of connection with their body and enable movement again?
(b) Regeneration of nerve cells.
(c) The awareness of the effect of the brain on controlling movement.
(d) Small jolts of electricity to muscles.
14. Why does the high school language teacher quit teaching?
(a) She decides to go into the military.
(b) Her left side becomes paralyzed.
(c) She wants to be a stay-at-home mom.
(d) She decides to go back to school.
15. What do Lucy and her descendants get used to doing?
(d) Competiting for food on the savannahs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is aphasia?
2. Why don't the ground mammals at this time eat the fruit in the trees?
3. What do great pianists no precede?
4. What helps the high school teacher?
5. According to Chomsky, how many brain tasks are required for speaking language?
This section contains 512 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)