|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What helps the high school teacher?
(c) Her husband.
(d) A government grant.
2. What is another thing today's chef must have?
(a) The aesthetics of a poet.
(b) The joy of a newborn baby.
(c) The heart of a lion.
(d) The curiosity of a cat.
3. What does the Israeli physicist desire to do rather than increasing muscle strength in a paralyzed person?
(a) Return message flow from the brain as it was before paralysis.
(b) Decrease messag flow to the brain so as not to overwhelm.
(c) Increase pain tolerance levels.
(d) Increase muscle flexibility.
4. Who is the author of Awareness Through Movement?
(a) Jonathon Fleishman.
(b) Moshe Feldenkrais.
(c) Frank Wilson.
(d) It was an anonymous publication.
5. Who coins the term ChomTur?
(a) Frederick de Saussure.
(b) Noal Chomsky.
(c) Michael Chyet.
(d) Frank Wilson.
6. What does Wilson say laboring in the kitchen takes?
(a) Strong physical stamina.
(b) The ability to distinguish among subtle flavors.
(c) Strong emotional health.
(d) The ability to ignore heat.
7. What does Wilson say is an emotional experience?
(a) Learning a new skill.
(c) Completing a perfect, nine-course meal.
(d) Interacting with an aclaimed chef.
8. What is a "laterality quotient"?
(a) A quotient the brain evolves to determine dominance.
(b) A spectrum of use.
(c) A way to decide if one hand will perform a task or the other.
(d) A spectrum of handedness.
9. What are developed rather than existing from birth?
(a) Human intelligence, talent and skill.
(b) Human intelligence and ability to think.
(d) Talent and language skills.
10. What develops early in the brain of a child?
(a) The ability to distinguish tones.
(b) Musical talent or heuristic.
(d) Complex speech patterns.
11. What do Haeckel, Reynolds and Dunbar confirm?
(a) Apes and children have a very different evolutionary process from about six months on.
(b) Aspects of the evolutionary process perceived in Greenfield's theory.
(c) Children become improvisers before they can even talk.
(d) Children become problem solvers even before they can talk.
12. How many levels does the continuum of communicative movements have?
13. How do physicians get patients to take their medicines and follow instructions?
(a) Giving the instructions to a loved one to supervise.
(b) Encouragement or charm.
(c) Threatening them.
(d) They have no way to do so.
14. What do both knapping and rock climbing require?
(a) Contractions and relaxations.
(b) Smooth and non-smooth muscles.
(c) Just contractions.
(d) Just relaxations.
15. What is BachTur?
(a) There is no such term.
(b) The musical equivalent of ChomTur.
(c) The way music stimulates the parts of the brain the deal with language.
(d) The way music enables speech.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what do writing and drawing relate?
2. What type of intelligence does Patricia Greenfield study?
3. Who is an Israeli physicist mentioned in this chapter?
4. What does the beginning of this chapter say the hand been used throughout its long history?
5. What rule does Greenfield propose?
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)