Short Essay Questions
The 60 short essay questions listed in this section require a one to two sentence answer. They ask students to demonstrate a deeper understanding of the text. Students must describe what they've read, rather than just recall it.
Short Essay Question - Prologue and Dawn
1. What does Wilson say about our hands and feet as we are about to waken and right after?
2. What is Wilson's "mission" with this book?
3. What aspects of the human capacity for passionate, creative work does Wilson illustrate?
4. What are Australopithecines and what is an example of one?
Short Essay Question - The Hand-Thought-Language Nexus
5. According to Wilson, what are the two problem-solving strategies that stand out?
6. What do humans need to move out of the jungle?
This section contains 840 words|
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)