|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What wildlife does Daphne see in Cindy Cooper’s yard when she wakes up on day six?
(a) A moose.
(b) A bear.
2. What does Alice tell Daphne about preparing for bad things that might happen?
(a) You cannot prepare.
(b) The things will hit someone else if they don’t hit you.
(c) You have to be vigilant all the time.
(d) Being prepared means having good friends.
3. What are Cindy Cooper and Ed putting in Ed’s car when Daphne and Honey get home from dinner?
(c) Camping equipment.
(d) Duffel bags.
4. Why does Daphne say she can only have one beer at Antelope Meadows?
(a) She is driving.
(b) She is quitting.
(c) She is cautious about the altitude.
(d) She is still hung over.
5. What quantity does Daphne theoretically put on X, Y and Z axes, as she sits down with Honey at the board of supervisors meeting?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Alice wearing that surprises Daphne when they leave Altavista?
2. How long have Daphne and Engin been married?
3. What does Daphne say keeps her from asking Alice questions to keep conversation rolling on day six?
4. Why does Daphne says that it would be hard to remove her from her job if she did not go back?
5. How much will it cost to fly Engin to the U.S.?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Alice explain the death of her children?
2. What is Alice’s relationship with Mark and Yarrow?
3. What kind of prayer does Daphne offer up for Alice after Alice has died?
4. Why does Daphne say that it would be impossible for her to work from Altavista?
5. What is the authorities’ response to the State of Jefferson movement?
6. What does Daphne find when she finally makes it back to the camp?
7. What are the issues that are aired during the board of supervisors meeting?
8. How does Daphne decide to leave Altavista?
9. What kind of exit strategy does Daphne imagine for herself?
10. What stories does Alice give Daphne, to explain her husband’s death?
This section contains 1,034 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)