|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Day 9, Pages 259-287; Day 10, Pages 288-290.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Alice’s husband sent to Camp Cooville?
(a) He was a war prisoner.
(b) He was a conscientious objector during the war.
(c) He was a convict.
(d) He was a lumberjack.
2. How much more driving will it take to get to Camp Cooville?
(a) A day.
(b) A few hours.
(c) A couple of days.
(d) Half a day.
3. How does Daphne describe the circumstances under which Engin lost his green card?
(a) A bureaucratic misunderstanding.
(b) A malicious fluke.
(c) An error.
(d) An act of war.
4. How old is Daphne’s daughter?
(a) 16 months.
(b) 2 years.
(c) 3 years.
(d) 2 1/2 years.
5. Where is Engin in the photo he sends Daphne, which she sees after church?
(a) At a museum
(b) At the beach.
(c) In a bar.
(d) In his parents’ home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What quantity does Daphne theoretically put on X, Y and Z axes, as she sits down with Honey at the board of supervisors meeting?
2. What is Daphne stressed about when she settles down in Altavista?
3. What prevents Daphne from hearing more about American Exceptionalism?
4. What advice does Daphne say her mother gave her?
5. When Daphne is looking for Alice at Camp Cooville in the rain, what does she say she may have been waiting for all along?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)