|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Day 9, Pages 259-287; Day 10, Pages 288-290.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Daphne say she wanted to study in school?
(a) Persian history.
(b) Turkish literature and art.
(c) Turkish and Arabic languages.
(d) Islamic religion.
2. On day three, what does Engin’s mother tell Daphne to do?
(a) Meet Engin in Paris.
(b) Come to Turkey.
(c) Sell her car.
(d) Quit her job.
3. What does Alice tell Daphne about preparing for bad things that might happen?
(a) The things will hit someone else if they don’t hit you.
(b) Being prepared means having good friends.
(c) You have to be vigilant all the time.
(d) You cannot prepare.
4. Where do Daphne and Honey go for dinner after the board of supervisors meeting?
(a) The Golden Spike.
(c) Sal’s Café.
(d) Antelope Meadows.
5. What time is it when Daphne walks out of work?
(b) 8 a.m.
(c) 10 a.m.
(d) 2 p.m.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Daphne and Honey go from Sal’s Café on day three?
2. How many Muslims does Daphne say there are in the world?
3. What has Daphne forgotten, in the dream before she wakes up on day eight?
4. How long does Alice say she wants to be left alone for?
5. What criticism does the dissenting letter to the editor make, of the State of Jefferson?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)