|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Day 4, Pages 87-104; Day 5, Pages 105-116, the paragraph that ends, “…I am still full of fury”.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Daphne’s husband Engin living?
2. What is it that snaps the sexual spell for Daphne?
(a) She worries about diseases.
(b) She remembers her marriage to Engin.
(c) She realizes that people are all just ordinary repulsive people.
(d) She thinks through the consequences having sex would entail.
3. What kind of cuisine does Daphne find at The Golden Spike?
4. How long was Daphne home for, before she returned to Turkey and started a relationship with Engin again?
(a) 2 years.
(b) 1 year.
(c) 3 years.
(d) 6 months.
5. What does Daphne’s Uncle Rodney have to say in his letter to the editor?
(a) That the State of Jefferson will not have the technology it needs to maintain its dams.
(b) That the northern counties get more than services they pay in taxes.
(c) That Altavista should be the capital of the State of Jefferson.
(d) That the State of Jefferson was ordained by God.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Daphne’s father when she greets him?
2. What is Daphne’s savings balance when she checked it at work?
3. What criticism does the dissenting letter to the editor make, of the State of Jefferson?
4. How did Daphne get Engin into the U.S.?
5. What does Daphne say she is always looking for in Altavista residents?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)