|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Day 3, Pages 60-86.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What contradiction applies to Daphne’s relationship with Honey?
(a) She misses her when she is working but she is bored with her when she is home.
(b) She wants to mother her but is not sure she is a good mother.
(c) She loves her but frequently hates her behavior.
(d) She works to afford child care but only makes enough to pay for child care.
2. What kind of house does Daphne have in Altavista?
(b) Double-wide trailer.
(c) Ranch house.
3. How does Daphne describe herself when she catches sight of herself in the sliding glass door?
4. What does Daphne compare to an army in her conversation with Engin?
(a) Honey’s fingers.
(b) Engin’s questions.
(c) The café patrons.
(d) Her tears.
5. What does Honey’s name mean in Turkish?
(b) Summer wind.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Daphne characterize Engin’s relationship with Islam?
2. What time is it when Daphne walks out of work?
3. What does Daphne buy at the grocery store that she remembers from visiting her grandparents?
4. How does Daphne feel about the accident that killed Ellery and injured Maryam?
5. For how many generations has the house been in Daphne’s family?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)