|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Day 6, Pages 139-168, ending with the short paragraph that ends, “My husband always talked about, long after he was up here.”.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Daphne submit her parents’ and Ellery and Maryam’s names for?
2. Where is Engin in the photo he sends Daphne, which she sees after church?
(a) At the beach.
(b) In his parents’ home.
(c) At a museum
(d) In a bar.
3. Who is the State of Jefferson opposed to, in Cindy Cooper’s opinion?
(a) People in California’s big cities.
(b) Globalists and financiers.
(c) People in Washington D.C.
(d) East coast elites.
4. What does the message say, that Daphne gets once her phone has service?
(a) When are you coming back to work.
(b) Call me it’s an emergency.
(c) Give a call and update me.
(d) We need your help with an urgent matter.
5. What criticism does the dissenting letter to the editor make, of the State of Jefferson?
(a) That it is actually fascist in its roots.
(b) That it is really about ending progress.
(c) That it is really just a few corrupt, powerful men funding it.
(d) That it is run by out-of-staters.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Daphne say experts say is the worst thing you can do in front of your child?
2. What kind of cuisine does Daphne find at The Golden Spike?
3. What is Daphne stressed about when she settles down in Altavista?
4. What kind of rules does Cindy Cooper say the State of Jefferson will have?
5. What prevents Daphne from hearing more about American Exceptionalism?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)