|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
Directions: Answer the question with a short answer.
1. In Book 1, Section 37, what does Machiavelli claim to be the foundation of well-ordered Republics?
2. Why does Machiavelli suggest that Republics arrive to changing with the times later than individuals?
3. What does Machiavelli advise Princes in observing promises made under force?
4. What, according to Machiavelli in Book , 1 Section 38, is the fate of irresolute Republics?
5. What was an example from Roman history that Machiavelli used to suggest the Plebes possesses greater wisdom than Nobles?
Short Essay Questions
Directions: Answer the questions with a...
This section contains 1,309 words|
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)