|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Johnny think his father has changed in Chapter 12?
(a) He is smaller.
(b) He is paler.
(c) He is funnier.
(d) He is more sombre.
2. Why does Vera think Johnny will live?
(a) God has a divine plan.
(b) God is not cruel.
(c) Destiny has spoken.
(d) Fate has more in store.
3. What does Johnny say he experiences for the first time on this section?
(a) A live zone.
(b) A dead zone.
(c) A soma.
4. What do the two young boys discover in the snow?
(a) A treasure chest.
(b) A dead dog.
(c) A gun.
(d) A dead body.
5. What kind of building does Stillson stop at in Iowa?
(a) A dairy.
(b) A farmhouse.
(c) An apartment complex.
(d) A shack.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of pet does the Sheriff own?
2. In which month does the story begin?
3. What is the name of the pond where Johnny and his friends skate?
4. What company does Stillson work for?
5. What did the reporter's sister die from?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the sheriff want Johnny to help him?
2. How does religion help Vera understand her son's accident?
3. Describe Frak Dodd's home life.
4. How has Stillson's life changed in this section?
5. What do Johnny and his parents talk about when he wakes?
6. How does Johnny injure himself in the beginning of the novel?
7. Why is Johnny apprehensive of Bright?
8. How does Sarah's conservatism affect her relationship with Johnny?
9. What does Johnny visualize about Dr. Weizak's life?
10. How does Stillson kill the farm's dog?
This section contains 689 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)