|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Atchafalaya.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. This book is a:
(a) Historical nonfiction novel.
(b) Science fiction novel.
(c) Traditional history textbook.
(d) Traditional science textbook.
2. The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers develops a plan to do what?
(a) Protect the fish population of the Atchfalaya River.
(b) Control natural shifts of the Mississippi River.
(c) Build twenty large dams on the Atchafalaya River.
(d) Develop communities along the Mississippi River.
3. In the 1800s, swamps in Louisiana are drained and used as what?
(a) Storage pits.
(c) Military camps.
4. In the early days of New Orleans, residents build their homes on what?
(a) Concrete risers.
(b) Sand piles.
(c) Natural levees.
(d) Metal bridges.
5. A navigation lock on the bank of the Mississippi River lowers ships down to where?
(a) Atlantic Ocean.
(b) Atchafalaya River.
(c) Gulf of Mexico.
(d) Red River.
Short Answer Questions
1. A snagboat is a river boat that does what?
2. Over a number of centuries, how does the Mississippi River form the state of Louisiana?
3. Every thousand years or so, the Mississippi River goes through a major shift that leaves behind what?
4. What is commonly fished from the bayou regions around the Atchafalaya?
5. In 1928, Congress enacts the Flood Control Act to start what?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)