|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Los Angeles Against the Mountains.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Norris F. Rabalais was born and raised in what Louisiana parish?
(a) West Feliciana.
2. Where the Genofile family lives in Southern California, riverbanks and riverbeds are:
(a) Soft and muddy.
(b) Reinforced with concrete.
(c) Dry and sandy.
(d) Covered in steel.
3. How much money does the Genofile family receive from the county in damages for an improperly designed and maintained basin above their house?
(a) Fifty thousand dollars.
(b) Over three hundred thousand dollars.
(c) Twelve thousand dollars.
(d) Over eight hundred thousand dollars.
4. What does Magnus Magnusson tell Thorbjorn Sigurgeirsson to protect first during the eruptions of 1973?
5. Who is Leon Silver?
(a) Geologist at Cal-Tech.
(b) Soil specialist at UCLA.
(c) Psychologist at Stanford.
(d) Biochemist at UCSD.
Short Answer Questions
1. What position does Magnus Magnusson hold in 1973?
2. What river does the author mention that connects the Atchafalaya and the Mississippi to form an H?
3. After describing debris basins, the author flashes back to the Genofile family. What do rescuers believe when they arrive at the family's house after the debris flow?
4. One of Miner Harkness' jobs is to rescue:
5. Debris flows occur at different places and different times, happening infrequently enough that:
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)