|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5: Yambuku.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what country was Jordi Casals born?
2. In the Introduction, Laurie Garrett discusses the experiences of an uncle named ___________.
3. Karl Johnson's team realized that in San Joaquin, there were no ________ as a result of DDT spraying in Chapter 1: "Machupo."
4. Yambuku is a small village in the Mongala District of what current country?
(c) The Democratic Republic of the Congo.
(d) South Sudan.
5. Peter Piot at CDC processed the samples sent to him in Chapter 5: "Yambuku," and tests showed the virus was neither ________________ nor anything else they had seen.
(b) Yellow fever.
(d) Dengue fever.
Short Answer Questions
1. Near what United States city is the CDC headquartered?
2. Jordi Casals proved that the Lassa virus was spread through ______________.
3. To what do the initials "RNA" refer?
4. What is the condition that results from taking an unbalanced diet in which certain nutrients are lacking?
5. When Johnson and MacKenzie became ill in Chapter 1: "Machupo," they were saved by a doctor who knew to drastically increase ______________.
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)