|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5: Yambuku.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The disease that Ron MacKenzie went to Bolivia to investigate in Chapter 1: "Machupo" was dubbed by local doctors as ____________.
(a) The Black Typhus.
2. Where was Peter Piot sent to study the virus later known as Ebola?
3. What term refers to a disease created as a result of medical treatment?
4. When was the CDC founded?
5. To what do the initials "DNA" refer?
(a) Dental nerve activity.
(b) Destructive neurological action.
(c) Deterioration of nerve acid.
(d) Deoxyribonucleic acid.
Short Answer Questions
1. What profession did Karl Johnson's fiancee have, as described in Chapter 1: "Machupo"?
2. What was the name of Karl Johnson's fiancee who became ill after visiting him in Chapter 1: "Machupo"?
3. Human trials of Albert Sabin's oral polio vaccine began in what year?
4. What is the condition that results from taking an unbalanced diet in which certain nutrients are lacking?
5. Soon after the first outbreak described in Chapter 5: "Yambuku," another outbreak was seen at the hospital in what location?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)