|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the landlady say about the landlord?
(a) He is jealous of K.
(b) He is secretly employed by Klamm and does what the official wants.
(c) He resents the landlady and goes against whatever she wants.
(d) He supports the landlady in everything she asks for.
2. Why does Frieda say her mother has decided to kick K. out of the house?
(a) She has revealed too much personal information to him.
(b) She has heard that he hangs out with undesirable people.
(c) She believes the Castle dislikes him and anyplace he stays will have bad favor.
(d) She is afraid he won't have money to pay for his board.
3. When does K. tell Frieda's mother that he plans to marry Frieda?
(a) Perhaps in a year or so.
(b) As soon as possible.
(c) The following summer.
4. Who does Frieda's mother say an official will talk to?
(a) Only those who fill out the correct paperwork.
(b) No one.
(c) Only those he wants to talk to.
5. Who discovers Frieda and K. embracing in K.'s room?
(a) A Castle official.
(b) Some maids.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the characters have trouble sleeping at the school?
2. What position does the chairman offer to K.?
3. How does the landlady say she feels about K. staying at the inn?
4. How does K. fear appearing, if the landlady is refused permission for K. to meet Klamm?
5. How many siblings does Barnabas have?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Artur and Jeremias know about land surveying?
2. What is K.'s attitude toward the gentleman in Chapter IX?
3. What does K. call Artur and Jeremias and why?
4. How does K. react to the gentleman who comes to the coach while K. is there waiting?
5. How does the Castle react to inquiries about K. when he first arrives?
6. What happens between K. and the assistants after Frieda gets up in the middle of the night at the school?
7. What does K. suspect about Frieda, at the end of Chapter XII?
8. What is the landlady's relationship to Klamm?
9. What does the landlady say will happen to the record of K.'s talk with the gentleman?
10. How does the chairman's wife act during K.'s visit?
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)