|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Frieda refer to the assistants as?
(a) Klamm's misfits.
(b) Klamm's emissaries.
(c) Klamm's missionaries.
(d) Klamm's entourage.
2. How did the landlady meet her husband?
(a) He came to stay at her father's inn.
(b) He bought flowers from her every day in her flower shop.
(c) He was a messenger between her and Klamm.
(d) He consoled her after Klamm stopped calling on her.
3. Why does the landlady say that Frieda never received gifts from Klamm?
(a) Klamm never gives gifts to his mistresses.
(b) She never asked for any gifts.
(c) Klamm only gives one gift to a mistress, when she leaves him.
(d) She is not a good enough mistress to deserve gifts.
4. What does the landlady say of the gentleman's actions?
(a) That they are all relayed in detail to Klamm.
(b) That they are honorable and ethical.
(c) That they are imbued with Klamm's spirit.
(d) That they are not to be trusted.
5. Where does K. go with the people he meets on the road?
(a) To the inn.
(b) To the schoolhouse.
(c) To Barnabas's house.
(d) To the Castle.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does K. get back to the inn?
2. How does K. get to see Klamm?
3. What does the chairman offer to contact the Castle for?
4. What finally happens to the sleigh and the horses?
5. At the end of Chapter VIII, where is K.?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does K. react to the gentleman who comes to the coach while K. is there waiting?
2. How did Pepi feel about K. when she first got the job in the taproom?
3. What did Olga do to try to remove her family's disgrace?
4. What does K. praise Frieda for?
5. How does Frieda initially react to K.'s explanation of his relationship with Barnabas' family?
6. What does Amalia accuse K. of using Barnabas for?
7. What reason does Amalia give K. that he will have to come visit them more often?
8. What reason does the teacher give that the chairman wants to help K.?
9. What is Frieda afraid might happen to he if her mother's warnings are right?
10. What does K. say about the benefits of the job Pepi is returning to?
This section contains 750 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)