|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does K. tell Frieda's mother that he plans to marry Frieda?
(b) The following summer.
(c) Perhaps in a year or so.
(d) As soon as possible.
2. Where are K. and his assistants living at the beginning of Chapter XI?
(a) The school office.
(b) The school dormitory.
(c) The school gymnasium.
(d) The school basement.
3. How does the teacher know about K.'s conversation with the chairman?
(a) His servant heard about it from the chairman's servant.
(b) He lives next door to the chairman, and the walls are thin.
(c) He heard about it from the chairman's wife.
(d) He recorded a deposition of the conversation.
4. Who does K. say is the only person with authority to fire him?
(a) The principal.
(b) The chairman.
(c) The Count.
5. Where does K. go with the people he meets on the road?
(a) To the schoolhouse.
(b) To Barnabas's house.
(c) To the inn.
(d) To the Castle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does K. meet on the road?
2. Why does Frieda say her mother has decided to kick K. out of the house?
3. Why does K. step into a house on the way to the Castle?
4. Where does K. go when he arrives at the village?
5. How does K. feel when he leaves the meeting with the chairman?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the landlady say will happen to the record of K.'s talk with the gentleman?
2. What is the landlady's relationship to Klamm?
3. What happens when K. first wakes up the morning after meeting Frieda?
4. What does K. ask Frieda about when he first meets her?
5. What does Klamm write about K.'s assistants, and how does this compare to the reality of K.'s assistants' roles?
6. What reason does the teacher give that the chairman wants to help K.?
7. What does K. believe is the reason that Hans and his family never received favors from Klamm?
8. How does the chairman's wife act during K.'s visit?
9. How does the Castle react to inquiries about K. when he first arrives?
10. What does the gentleman who comes to the coach while K. is there waiting want?
This section contains 828 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)