|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does K. say he wants to see Klamm?
(a) Within the next week.
(b) Whenever Klamm has time in his schedule.
(c) As soon as possible.
(d) Before he must report to the village authorities.
2. How does the landlady say she feels about K. staying at the inn?
(a) She says she is in love with K. and wants him to stay.
(b) She says that she wants K. to stay but doesn't want to see or hear him.
(c) She says she is happy that K. is staying there.
(d) She says that she wants K. to leave immediately.
3. When K. lights a match, who does he startle?
4. Does Frieda agree with what K. wants to do about the assistants?
(a) Yes, though she is more tolerant of the assistants than K. is.
(b) Yes, she is even more critical of the assistants than K. is.
(c) No, but she wants more time away from teh assistants.
(d) No, she wants to keep the assistants near them constantly.
5. Where does K. say he could stay, if Frieda's mother kicked him out?
(a) At the Gentleman's Inn.
(b) At the Castle.
(c) With Artur.
(d) With Barnabas.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does K. believe is behind the landlady's marriage and the lease of the inn?
2. When do they tell K. that Klamm left the Gentleman's Inn?
3. What is the weather like at the beginning of Chapter X?
4. What does the chairman offer to contact the Castle for?
5. Why does Frieda say her mother has decided to kick K. out of the house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What impression does Frieda make when K. first meets her?
2. Who are the people in the house K. stops at on his way toward the Castle?
3. What reason does K. give for refusing to let the assistants come back?
4. What is K.'s attitude toward the gentleman in Chapter IX?
5. What is the landlady's relationship to Klamm?
6. What does K. call Artur and Jeremias and why?
7. How does the Castle react to inquiries about K. when he first arrives?
8. What does K. do to get fuel for a fire?
9. What message does K. send through Barnabas to Klamm?
10. What does Klamm write about K.'s assistants, and how does this compare to the reality of K.'s assistants' roles?
This section contains 818 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)