|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is waiting with the gentleman for K.?
(d) The landlady and landlord.
2. Who does K. say summoned him?
(a) The Queen.
(b) The Attache.
(c) The Count.
(d) The Prince.
3. What photo does the landlady show K.?
(a) A photo of a messenger Klamm sent to her long ago.
(b) A photo of her husband as a young man.
(c) A photo of herself as a young girl.
(d) A photo of Frieda as a young girl.
4. Who does K. believe is behind the landlady's marriage and the lease of the inn?
(a) Hans' uncle.
(b) The Count.
5. Who does K. find in Klamm's sleigh in the courtyard?
(a) A valet.
(b) A coachman.
(c) Klamm's new mistress.
(d) Klamm's brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gets thrown on Frieda and K.?
2. When K. lights a match, who does he startle?
3. What does K. tell Schwarzer he is?
4. How does K. try to get out of the conversation with Frieda's mother?
5. Why do the characters have trouble sleeping at the school?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does K. feel when he goes to see the village chairman?
2. What does K. praise Frieda for?
3. How does the chairman characterize the Castle's bureaucracy?
4. What does the gentleman who comes to the coach while K. is there waiting want?
5. How does K. feel at the end of Chapter VIII?
6. What happens between K. and the assistants after Frieda gets up in the middle of the night at the school?
7. What happens when K. first wakes up the morning after meeting Frieda?
8. What use does Frieda think the position offered to K. might serve?
9. What reason does K. give for refusing to let the assistants come back?
10. How does K. react to the gentleman who comes to the coach while K. is there waiting?
This section contains 731 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)