|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does K. say he wants to see Klamm?
(a) Before he must report to the village authorities.
(b) Whenever Klamm has time in his schedule.
(c) Within the next week.
(d) As soon as possible.
2. What does the letter praise?
(a) K.'s ability to follow rules.
(b) K.'s politeness.
(c) K.'s work as a surveyor.
(d) K's integrity in dealing with Frieda.
3. Who does Frieda's mother say an official will talk to?
(b) Only those he wants to talk to.
(c) Only those who fill out the correct paperwork.
(d) No one.
4. What does K. think of the Castle when he goes to look at it?
(a) It looks overly ornate to him.
(b) He is awed and fearful.
(c) He is impressed by the Castle's elegance.
(d) It looks ordinary to him.
5. When K. lights a match, who does he startle?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Frieda say the assistants really want?
2. What does the chairman say is the reason K. was sent for?
3. When does K. tell Frieda's mother that he plans to marry Frieda?
4. What is it like inside Klamm's sleigh?
5. What finally happens to the sleigh and the horses?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does K. call Artur and Jeremias and why?
2. What does K. do to get fuel for a fire?
3. What is K.'s attitude toward the gentleman in Chapter IX?
4. What does Klamm look like?
5. What does the gentleman who comes to the coach while K. is there waiting want?
6. What reason does the landlady give K. that her conversation with him is important, and does her reason seem true, based on the conversation?
7. What happens when K. first wakes up the morning after meeting Frieda?
8. How does the chairman characterize the Castle's bureaucracy?
9. How does K. feel when he goes to see the village chairman?
10. What does K. suspect about Frieda, at the end of Chapter XII?
This section contains 713 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)