|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does K. believe is behind the landlady's marriage and the lease of the inn?
(a) Hans' uncle.
(d) The Count.
2. When K. leaves with Barnabas, where do they end up?
(a) At Barnabas' house.
(b) At the churchyard.
(c) At another inn.
(d) At the Castle.
3. Who leases the inn to the landlady and landlord?
(a) The Count.
(b) The landlord's uncle.
(c) The landlady's father.
4. What does K. want to do about his assistants?
(a) Send them away.
(b) Find them new jobs.
(c) Send them to the Castle.
(d) Find them a separate place to live.
5. Who discovers Frieda and K. embracing in K.'s room?
(a) Some maids.
(d) A Castle official.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the landlady say she feels about K. staying at the inn?
2. What does Frieda want K. to do about the job offer?
3. What gets thrown on Frieda and K.?
4. How does the teacher know about K.'s conversation with the chairman?
5. Who does K. meet and ask questions about the Castle?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is K.'s attitude toward the gentleman in Chapter IX?
2. What does the coachman tell K. about Klamm's arrival at the coach?
3. How does K. feel in the village?
4. What reason does the teacher give that the chairman wants to help K.?
5. How does the chairman characterize the Castle's bureaucracy?
6. What use does Frieda think the position offered to K. might serve?
7. What does K. do to get fuel for a fire?
8. What do Artur and Jeremias know about land surveying?
9. What reason does the landlady give K. that her conversation with him is important, and does her reason seem true, based on the conversation?
10. How does the Castle react to inquiries about K. when he first arrives?
This section contains 769 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)