Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the landlady say she feels about K. staying at the inn?
(a) She says she is in love with K. and wants him to stay.
(b) She says she is happy that K. is staying there.
(c) She says that she wants K. to stay but doesn't want to see or hear him.
(d) She says that she wants K. to leave immediately.
2. What does the chairman say about the Castle's phone system?
(a) That it's a joke.
(b) That it's the most reliable part of the Castle bureaucracy.
(c) That it's antiquated but effective.
(d) That it's never working.
3. Who does the letter from K.'s director tell him to report to?
(a) The Count.
(b) The director.
(c) The village chairman.
(d) The Queen.
4. What does K. tell Schwarzer he is?
(a) An apothecary.
(b) A member of the royal court.
(c) A land surveyor.
(d) A milliner.
5. What does K. worry about regarding Frieda?
(a) That she will continue to feel attached to Klamm.
(b) That she will leave him when she learns the Castle does not need him.
(c) That she will make Klamm angry with her.
(d) That she will continue to sleep with Klamm.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the landlady meet her husband?
2. Why does the landlady say that Frieda never received gifts from Klamm?
3. When K. lights a match, who does he startle?
4. What jumps on Frieda in the middle of the night at the school?
5. What is the weather like the morning after K. arrives?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do K. and the Gentlemen's Inn's landlady each defend themselves in their argument?
2. What does Amalia accuse K. of using Barnabas for?
3. What reason does the landlady give K. that her conversation with him is important, and does her reason seem true, based on the conversation?
4. What does K. praise Frieda for?
5. What does Klamm look like?
6. What reason does K. give for refusing to let the assistants come back?
7. What happens between K. and the assistants after Frieda gets up in the middle of the night at the school?
8. What did Sortini do when Amalia's family approached him?
9. What is Frieda afraid might happen to he if her mother's warnings are right?
10. What happens when K. first wakes up the morning after meeting Frieda?
This section contains 780 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)