|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When K. leaves with Barnabas, where do they end up?
(a) At Barnabas' house.
(b) At another inn.
(c) At the Castle.
(d) At the churchyard.
2. What answer does K. get when he calls the Castle himself for permission to visit?
(a) He is told he must wait three days.
(b) He is told no.
(c) He is told he must fill out the right forms.
(d) He is told he can come at once.
3. What does Klamm try to find on the wall in the taproom?
(a) The peephole.
(b) A picture.
(c) An inscription.
(d) A lantern.
4. What does Frieda refer to the assistants as?
(a) Klamm's entourage.
(b) Klamm's emissaries.
(c) Klamm's missionaries.
(d) Klamm's misfits.
5. What is the weather like the morning after K. arrives?
(a) It is raining.
(b) It is cloudy and dark.
(c) It is sunny and warm.
(d) There is snow.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Chapter VIII, where is K.?
2. Where is the teacher waiting for K.?
3. What is Barnabas' role, according to the letter from K.'s director?
4. Who does K. meet and ask questions about the Castle?
5. How does K. feel when he leaves the meeting with the chairman?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when K. first wakes up the morning after meeting Frieda?
2. How does the Castle react to inquiries about K. when he first arrives?
3. What is K.'s attitude toward the gentleman in Chapter IX?
4. What does K. do to get fuel for a fire?
5. What does K. ask Frieda about when he first meets her?
6. What does K. suspect about Frieda, at the end of Chapter XII?
7. What does the gentleman who comes to the coach while K. is there waiting want?
8. What impression does Frieda make when K. first meets her?
9. What does K. praise Frieda for?
10. What does Klamm look like?
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)