|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the attitude of the people in the house toward K.?
(a) They are not happy about taking him into their house.
(b) They are very pleased to welcome and feed K.
(c) They are scared to have K. in the house.
(d) They are pleased to have K., but have no extra room, money, or food.
2. What is K. asked to get out of Klamm's sleigh?
(a) A riding crop.
(c) A music box.
(d) Klamm's spectacles.
3. What does the landlady say of the gentleman's actions?
(a) That they are honorable and ethical.
(b) That they are not to be trusted.
(c) That they are imbued with Klamm's spirit.
(d) That they are all relayed in detail to Klamm.
4. Who does K. meet on the road?
(a) Frieda and Olga.
(b) His assistants and Barnabas.
(c) His assistants and Frieda.
(d) Olga and Barnabas.
5. Who does K. believe is behind the landlady's marriage and the lease of the inn?
(a) Hans' uncle.
(c) The Count.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the chairman offer to contact the Castle for?
2. What photo does the landlady show K.?
3. What finally happens to the sleigh and the horses?
4. At the end of Chapter VIII, where is K.?
5. Where does K. go with the people he meets on the road?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Frieda afraid might happen to he if her mother's warnings are right?
2. What does K. hope that Barnabas' good news was?
3. What use does Frieda think the position offered to K. might serve?
4. How did Pepi feel about K. when she first got the job in the taproom?
5. What did Sortini do when Amalia's family approached him?
6. What reason does Amalia give K. that he will have to come visit them more often?
7. Why does K. stay in the corridor after his meeting with Erlanger?
8. What does K. praise Frieda for?
9. How does K. respond to what Barnabas tells him about the Castle?
10. How does the Castle react to inquiries about K. when he first arrives?
This section contains 732 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)