|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Frieda say her mother has decided to kick K. out of the house?
(a) She has heard that he hangs out with undesirable people.
(b) She believes the Castle dislikes him and anyplace he stays will have bad favor.
(c) She is afraid he won't have money to pay for his board.
(d) She has revealed too much personal information to him.
2. How does K. feel when he leaves the meeting with the chairman?
3. What reason does Frieda give that she is sad she left the Gentlemen's Inn?
(a) She misses a steady income as a barmaid.
(b) She feels unworthy to be with K.
(c) She misses Klamm's power.
(d) She misses Klamm's wealth.
4. Who does K. go to the Gentlemen's Inn to look for?
5. What reason does Frieda suggest for letting the assistants return?
(a) They might get K. in trouble, if they aren't allowed back.
(b) If they are brought back, they can be used as spies.
(c) They might be a way of getting to Klamm.
(d) They will spread rumors and ruin K.'s reputation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What photo does the landlady show K.?
2. What jumps on Frieda in the middle of the night at the school?
3. When K. leaves with Barnabas, where do they end up?
4. What is the weather like at the beginning of Chapter X?
5. What finally happens to the sleigh and the horses?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is K.'s attitude toward the gentleman in Chapter IX?
2. What is the landlady's relationship to Klamm?
3. Who are the people in the house K. stops at on his way toward the Castle?
4. What happens when K. first wakes up the morning after meeting Frieda?
5. To what does the landlady attribute the profitability of the inn?
6. How does the chairman characterize the Castle's bureaucracy?
7. What does K. suspect about Frieda, at the end of Chapter XII?
8. What happens between K. and the assistants after Frieda gets up in the middle of the night at the school?
9. How does the Castle react to inquiries about K. when he first arrives?
10. What does Klamm write about K.'s assistants, and how does this compare to the reality of K.'s assistants' roles?
This section contains 818 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)