|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does K. say he wants to see Klamm?
(a) Within the next week.
(b) Whenever Klamm has time in his schedule.
(c) Before he must report to the village authorities.
(d) As soon as possible.
2. When K. lights a match, who does he startle?
3. What is K. asked to get out of Klamm's sleigh?
(a) Klamm's spectacles.
(b) A music box.
(d) A riding crop.
4. Does Frieda agree with what K. wants to do about the assistants?
(a) Yes, she is even more critical of the assistants than K. is.
(b) Yes, though she is more tolerant of the assistants than K. is.
(c) No, she wants to keep the assistants near them constantly.
(d) No, but she wants more time away from teh assistants.
5. What finally happens to the sleigh and the horses?
(a) They ride out to the country to meet Klamm.
(b) They ride off to the Castle.
(c) They are brought back to the stable.
(d) They circle around the inn several times, before disappearing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Barnabas' role, according to the letter from K.'s director?
2. How did the landlady meet her husband?
3. How does the teacher know about K.'s conversation with the chairman?
4. What is K.'s first reaction to the job offer?
5. What does K. tell Schwarzer he is?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does K. answer Frieda's mother's objections about him?
2. What use does Frieda think the position offered to K. might serve?
3. What does Barnabas say about Klamm's appearance?
4. What happens to Jeremias and Artur when they are not together?
5. How does K. feel at the end of Chapter VIII?
6. What did Olga do to try to remove her family's disgrace?
7. What message does K. send through Barnabas to Klamm?
8. How does the chairman characterize the Castle's bureaucracy?
9. What reason does Erlanger give K. the request Erlanger is making during the meeting?
10. How does K. respond to what Barnabas tells him about the Castle?
This section contains 824 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)