|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Frieda's relationship with Klamm?
(a) They are friends.
(b) They are lovers.
(c) They are enemies.
(d) They are siblings.
2. What finally happens to the sleigh and the horses?
(a) They circle around the inn several times, before disappearing.
(b) They ride off to the Castle.
(c) They ride out to the country to meet Klamm.
(d) They are brought back to the stable.
3. Where is the teacher waiting for K.?
(a) In the hallway outside K.'s room.
(b) On the street.
(c) In the inn's parlor.
(d) In K.'s room.
4. What is the attitude of the people in the house toward K.?
(a) They are very pleased to welcome and feed K.
(b) They are not happy about taking him into their house.
(c) They are pleased to have K., but have no extra room, money, or food.
(d) They are scared to have K. in the house.
5. What does Frieda refer to the assistants as?
(a) Klamm's missionaries.
(b) Klamm's entourage.
(c) Klamm's emissaries.
(d) Klamm's misfits.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the landlady say she feels about K. staying at the inn?
2. Who does the letter from K.'s director tell him to report to?
3. Where does K. say he could stay, if Frieda's mother kicked him out?
4. What is K.'s first reaction to the job offer?
5. Why does K. step into a house on the way to the Castle?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who are the people in the house K. stops at on his way toward the Castle?
2. What reason does Amalia give K. that he will have to come visit them more often?
3. Why does K. stay in the corridor after his meeting with Erlanger?
4. What message does K. send through Barnabas to Klamm?
5. What happens when K. first wakes up the morning after meeting Frieda?
6. How do K. and the Gentlemen's Inn's landlady each defend themselves in their argument?
7. What is K.'s attitude toward the gentleman in Chapter IX?
8. What does Barnabas say about Klamm's appearance?
9. What does Klamm look like?
10. What does K. hope that Barnabas' good news was?
This section contains 751 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)