|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the gentleman want K. to do?
(a) Put off his wedding to Frieda.
(b) Leave the town.
(c) Fill out forms to get to see Klamm.
(d) Answer questions in a formal interview.
2. What is K.'s first reaction to the job offer?
(a) He refuses it.
(b) He accepts it.
(c) He negotiates for better pay.
(d) He says he'll have to think about it.
3. Why does the landlady say that Frieda never received gifts from Klamm?
(a) Klamm only gives one gift to a mistress, when she leaves him.
(b) She never asked for any gifts.
(c) She is not a good enough mistress to deserve gifts.
(d) Klamm never gives gifts to his mistresses.
4. What is the weather like the morning after K. arrives?
(a) It is sunny and warm.
(b) It is raining.
(c) It is cloudy and dark.
(d) There is snow.
5. Who does K. go to the Gentlemen's Inn to look for?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the attitude of the people in the house toward K.?
2. What does Frieda refer to the assistants as?
3. What is Frieda's relationship with Klamm?
4. What does Klamm try to find on the wall in the taproom?
5. Why do the characters have trouble sleeping at the school?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Klamm look like?
2. How does the Castle react to inquiries about K. when he first arrives?
3. What use does Frieda think the position offered to K. might serve?
4. How does the chairman characterize the Castle's bureaucracy?
5. What does K. do to get fuel for a fire?
6. What is K.'s attitude toward the gentleman in Chapter IX?
7. What reason does the landlady give K. that her conversation with him is important, and does her reason seem true, based on the conversation?
8. What does K. praise Frieda for?
9. How does K. discover that Klamm is staying at the Gentlemen's Inn?
10. Who are the people in the house K. stops at on his way toward the Castle?
This section contains 753 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)