|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does K. tell Frieda's mother he wants to see Klamm for?
(a) K. wants to make sure Klamm has no hard feelings about K. marrying Frieda.
(b) K. wants to challenge Klamm to a duel over Frieda's affections.
(c) K. wants Klamm's permission to go to the Castle.
(d) K. wants to know when the Count will come see him.
2. What does Frieda refer to the assistants as?
(a) Klamm's emissaries.
(b) Klamm's misfits.
(c) Klamm's missionaries.
(d) Klamm's entourage.
3. What is the weather like at the beginning of Chapter X?
(a) Sunny and warm.
(c) Windy but clear.
(d) Overcast but still.
4. What is Frieda's relationship with Klamm?
(a) They are siblings.
(b) They are enemies.
(c) They are lovers.
(d) They are friends.
5. What is K. asked to get out of Klamm's sleigh?
(a) Klamm's spectacles.
(b) A music box.
(d) A riding crop.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many siblings does Barnabas have?
2. What does Frieda's mother say that Klamm thinks about K.?
3. When does K. say he wants to see Klamm?
4. What answer does K. get when he calls the Castle himself for permission to visit?
5. Who does K. go to the Gentlemen's Inn to look for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What reason does the landlady give K. that her conversation with him is important, and does her reason seem true, based on the conversation?
2. What does the landlady say will happen to the record of K.'s talk with the gentleman?
3. What does K. believe is the reason that Hans and his family never received favors from Klamm?
4. What does K. do to get fuel for a fire?
5. What impression does Frieda make when K. first meets her?
6. How does the chairman characterize the Castle's bureaucracy?
7. What reason does the teacher give that the chairman wants to help K.?
8. How does the Castle react to inquiries about K. when he first arrives?
9. What message does K. send through Barnabas to Klamm?
10. How does K. feel at the end of Chapter VIII?
This section contains 819 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)