|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the teacher say the offer is a great favor?
(a) The position is unnecessary.
(b) The chairman has never offered anyone a job before.
(c) The offer was especially requested by Klamm.
(d) The position was going to be given to the chairman's brother.
2. How does K. get to see Klamm?
(a) By rushing into his office unannounced.
(b) By looking through a peephole.
(c) By passing him on the street.
(d) By sitting next to him at the restaurant.
3. What answer do K.'s assistants get when they call the Castle for permission to visit?
(a) They are told they must wait three days.
(b) They are told they must fill out the right forms.
(c) They are told they can come at once.
(d) They are told no.
4. How does K. fear appearing, if the landlady is refused permission for K. to meet Klamm?
5. What does Frieda ask K. to do?
(a) Stay with her in the down, despite the townspeople.
(b) Go live abroad with her.
(c) Go away from the town and leave her.
(d) Go abroad and start a business, then ask her to come when he's established.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Frieda want K. to do about the job offer?
2. What finally happens to the sleigh and the horses?
3. What does the gentleman want K. to do?
4. What gets thrown on Frieda and K.?
5. Who does K. meet and ask questions about the Castle?
Short Essay Questions
1. What use does Frieda think the position offered to K. might serve?
2. How does K. react to the gentleman who comes to the coach while K. is there waiting?
3. What happens between K. and the assistants after Frieda gets up in the middle of the night at the school?
4. What does K. praise Frieda for?
5. What is K.'s attitude toward the gentleman in Chapter IX?
6. How does K. discover that Klamm is staying at the Gentlemen's Inn?
7. How does the Castle react to inquiries about K. when he first arrives?
8. What do Artur and Jeremias know about land surveying?
9. How does the chairman characterize the Castle's bureaucracy?
10. Who are the people in the house K. stops at on his way toward the Castle?
This section contains 800 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)