|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who discovers Frieda and K. embracing in K.'s room?
(a) Some maids.
(c) A Castle official.
2. What reason does Frieda's mother give for letting K. stay in the inn when he first arrived?
(a) She needed the money.
(b) She was too tired to kick him out.
(c) She thought K. would be a good connection with the Castle.
(d) She thought it would be nice to talk to someone new.
3. How does K. feel when he leaves the meeting with the chairman?
4. What does K. worry about regarding Frieda?
(a) That she will leave him when she learns the Castle does not need him.
(b) That she will make Klamm angry with her.
(c) That she will continue to sleep with Klamm.
(d) That she will continue to feel attached to Klamm.
5. What answer does K. get when he calls the Castle himself for permission to visit?
(a) He is told he can come at once.
(b) He is told he must fill out the right forms.
(c) He is told no.
(d) He is told he must wait three days.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the gentleman want K. to do?
2. Who leases the inn to the landlady and landlord?
3. What does K. say about attempts to communicate through intermediaries?
4. What does Frieda want K. to do about the job offer?
5. Does Frieda agree with what K. wants to do about the assistants?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the landlady's relationship to Klamm?
2. What happens when K. first wakes up the morning after meeting Frieda?
3. What does K. believe is the reason that Hans and his family never received favors from Klamm?
4. How does K. feel at the end of Chapter VIII?
5. What reason does the landlady give K. that her conversation with him is important, and does her reason seem true, based on the conversation?
6. How does K. discover that Klamm is staying at the Gentlemen's Inn?
7. How does the chairman characterize the Castle's bureaucracy?
8. What is K.'s attitude toward the gentleman in Chapter IX?
9. What impression does Frieda make when K. first meets her?
10. How does the Castle react to inquiries about K. when he first arrives?
This section contains 873 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)