|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When do they tell K. that Klamm left the Gentleman's Inn?
(a) A few hours after K. had left.
(b) While K. was waiting for Klamm.
(c) As soon as K. was out of the way.
(d) Before K. arrived at the Gentleman's Inn.
2. Where does K. go when he arrives at the village?
(a) To the guard house to befriend the guards.
(b) To the inn to sleep.
(c) To the servants' entrance of the castle.
(d) To a friend's house.
3. What does the gentleman want K. to do?
(a) Put off his wedding to Frieda.
(b) Fill out forms to get to see Klamm.
(c) Leave the town.
(d) Answer questions in a formal interview.
4. Who does Frieda say the assistants really want?
5. How does the teacher know about K.'s conversation with the chairman?
(a) He lives next door to the chairman, and the walls are thin.
(b) He recorded a deposition of the conversation.
(c) His servant heard about it from the chairman's servant.
(d) He heard about it from the chairman's wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Chapter VIII, where is K.?
2. Who does K. believe is behind the landlady's marriage and the lease of the inn?
3. Where is the teacher waiting for K.?
4. What does K. say about attempts to communicate through intermediaries?
5. What does Klamm try to find on the wall in the taproom?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the chairman's wife act during K.'s visit?
2. What does K. praise Frieda for?
3. To what does the landlady attribute the profitability of the inn?
4. What does the coachman tell K. about Klamm's arrival at the coach?
5. Who are the people in the house K. stops at on his way toward the Castle?
6. What reason does the teacher give that the chairman wants to help K.?
7. What does K. call Artur and Jeremias and why?
8. What impression does Frieda make when K. first meets her?
9. What does the gentleman who comes to the coach while K. is there waiting want?
10. What happens when K. first wakes up the morning after meeting Frieda?
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)