|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color hair does Frieda have?
2. What does K. think of the Castle when he goes to look at it?
(a) It looks overly ornate to him.
(b) It looks ordinary to him.
(c) He is impressed by the Castle's elegance.
(d) He is awed and fearful.
3. What jumps on Frieda in the middle of the night at the school?
(a) A dog.
(b) A cat.
(c) A weasel.
(d) A rat.
4. How does K. try to get out of the conversation with Frieda's mother?
(a) By saying he is not decent and must dress.
(b) By saying he must go to work surveying the land the inn is on.
(c) By saying he must leave for his meeting with the village chairman.
(d) By saying he is wanted at the Castle immediately.
5. Who does Frieda's mother say an official will talk to?
(b) Only those who fill out the correct paperwork.
(c) Only those he wants to talk to.
(d) No one.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the weather like the morning after K. arrives?
2. What is K.'s first reaction to the job offer?
3. When does K. tell Frieda's mother that he plans to marry Frieda?
4. What does Klamm try to find on the wall in the taproom?
5. Why does K. step into a house on the way to the Castle?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the landlady say will happen to the record of K.'s talk with the gentleman?
2. What does K. praise Frieda for?
3. What does K. do to get fuel for a fire?
4. What message does K. send through Barnabas to Klamm?
5. What is K.'s attitude toward the gentleman in Chapter IX?
6. How does the chairman's wife act during K.'s visit?
7. What does K. ask Frieda about when he first meets her?
8. What reason does K. give for refusing to let the assistants come back?
9. What is the landlady's relationship to Klamm?
10. To what does the landlady attribute the profitability of the inn?
This section contains 711 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)