|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the teacher characterize the chairman in the conversation?
(a) Kind, helpful, and generous.
(b) Bumbling and incompetent.
(c) Empty-headed and ignorant.
(d) Mean, bullying, and power-hungry.
2. Who discovers Frieda and K. embracing in K.'s room?
(a) A Castle official.
(c) Some maids.
3. How likely does Frieda's mother say it is for K. to see Klamm?
(a) Somewhat unlikely.
(b) Very likely.
4. What does the chairman say is the reason K. was sent for?
(a) To carry out a secret plot for the Count.
(b) To survey land for a new section of the village.
(c) To pad the kingdom's budget.
(d) Bureaucratic error.
5. What does K. tell Schwarzer he is?
(a) A member of the royal court.
(b) A land surveyor.
(c) A milliner.
(d) An apothecary.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is K.'s first reaction to the job offer?
2. What does the chairman say about the Castle's phone system?
3. What is the weather like the morning after K. arrives?
4. What does K. worry about regarding Frieda?
5. Where is the teacher waiting for K.?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is K.'s attitude toward the gentleman in Chapter IX?
2. What does Klamm look like?
3. What does K. call Artur and Jeremias and why?
4. What does the landlady say will happen to the record of K.'s talk with the gentleman?
5. What reason does the landlady give K. that her conversation with him is important, and does her reason seem true, based on the conversation?
6. What does K. believe is the reason that Hans and his family never received favors from Klamm?
7. What is the landlady's relationship to Klamm?
8. How does K. discover that Klamm is staying at the Gentlemen's Inn?
9. What does the coachman tell K. about Klamm's arrival at the coach?
10. What does K. do to get fuel for a fire?
This section contains 736 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)