|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Klamm try to find on the wall in the taproom?
(a) A picture.
(b) An inscription.
(c) A lantern.
(d) The peephole.
2. From whom does K. receive a letter?
(d) The Count.
3. What is the weather like at the beginning of Chapter X?
(b) Sunny and warm.
(c) Overcast but still.
(d) Windy but clear.
4. Why do the characters have trouble sleeping at the school?
(a) It is too hot.
(b) It is too noisy.
(c) It is too bright.
(d) It is too cold.
5. What is the weather like the morning after K. arrives?
(a) It is cloudy and dark.
(b) It is raining.
(c) There is snow.
(d) It is sunny and warm.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does K. go at the beginning of Chapter IX?
2. Who does Frieda say the assistants really want?
3. What does K. want to do about his assistants?
4. How does K. feel when he leaves the meeting with the chairman?
5. Who does K. go to the Gentlemen's Inn to look for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What reason does the teacher give that the chairman wants to help K.?
2. What does K. praise Frieda for?
3. How does the chairman characterize the Castle's bureaucracy?
4. How does the Castle react to inquiries about K. when he first arrives?
5. Who are the people in the house K. stops at on his way toward the Castle?
6. What does K. suspect about Frieda, at the end of Chapter XII?
7. How does K. react to the gentleman who comes to the coach while K. is there waiting?
8. What does the gentleman who comes to the coach while K. is there waiting want?
9. How does the chairman's wife act during K.'s visit?
10. What does Klamm look like?
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)