|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Frieda's mother say that Klamm thinks about K.?
(a) Klamm is watching what K. does carefully and judging him.
(b) Klamm admires K. and might be disappointed by him.
(c) Klamm doesn't care about K. at all.
(d) Klamm thinks K. is amuzing and ineffectual.
2. Where does K. go when he arrives at the village?
(a) To a friend's house.
(b) To the inn to sleep.
(c) To the servants' entrance of the castle.
(d) To the guard house to befriend the guards.
3. What do Artur and Jeremias look like?
(a) Similar to each other, but with different color hair.
(b) Opposites, with one fat and the other thin.
(c) Similar to each other, but with different color eyes.
(d) Identical, with thick black beards.
4. When K. lights a match, who does he startle?
5. How does the landlady say she feels about K. staying at the inn?
(a) She says she is happy that K. is staying there.
(b) She says that she wants K. to leave immediately.
(c) She says she is in love with K. and wants him to stay.
(d) She says that she wants K. to stay but doesn't want to see or hear him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gets thrown on Frieda and K.?
2. Who does K. say summoned him?
3. What position does the chairman offer to K.?
4. Why does the teacher say the offer is a great favor?
5. What is Frieda's job at the taproom?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the landlady's relationship to Klamm?
2. How does K. feel at the end of Chapter VIII?
3. What does K. suspect about Frieda, at the end of Chapter XII?
4. What does Klamm look like?
5. What happens between K. and the assistants after Frieda gets up in the middle of the night at the school?
6. What happens when K. first wakes up the morning after meeting Frieda?
7. What does K. say about the benefits of the job Pepi is returning to?
8. How does the chairman characterize the Castle's bureaucracy?
9. What does Buergel say might happen at a meeting in the middle of the night?
10. When does K. plan on visiting Hans' mother?
This section contains 783 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)