|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does K. meet on the road?
(a) His assistants and Frieda.
(b) Olga and Barnabas.
(c) Frieda and Olga.
(d) His assistants and Barnabas.
2. How does K. try to get out of the conversation with Frieda's mother?
(a) By saying he must go to work surveying the land the inn is on.
(b) By saying he must leave for his meeting with the village chairman.
(c) By saying he is not decent and must dress.
(d) By saying he is wanted at the Castle immediately.
3. What is K. asked to get out of Klamm's sleigh?
(a) Klamm's spectacles.
(b) A music box.
(d) A riding crop.
4. What does Klamm try to find on the wall in the taproom?
(a) The peephole.
(b) A lantern.
(c) An inscription.
(d) A picture.
5. How does K. get to see Klamm?
(a) By passing him on the street.
(b) By rushing into his office unannounced.
(c) By looking through a peephole.
(d) By sitting next to him at the restaurant.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does K. go to the Gentlemen's Inn to look for?
2. What does Frieda's mother say that Klamm thinks about K.?
3. What does K. tell Frieda's mother he wants to see Klamm for?
4. Does Frieda agree with what K. wants to do about the assistants?
5. What is Frieda's job at the taproom?
Short Essay Questions
1. What reason does the teacher give that the chairman wants to help K.?
2. How does the chairman characterize the Castle's bureaucracy?
3. What does Klamm write about K.'s assistants, and how does this compare to the reality of K.'s assistants' roles?
4. Who are the people in the house K. stops at on his way toward the Castle?
5. What message does K. send through Barnabas to Klamm?
6. What does K. believe is the reason that Hans and his family never received favors from Klamm?
7. To what does the landlady attribute the profitability of the inn?
8. What happens between K. and the assistants after Frieda gets up in the middle of the night at the school?
9. What does K. ask Frieda about when he first meets her?
10. How does K. feel at the end of Chapter VIII?
This section contains 869 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)