|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the relationship between Schwarzer and Gisa?
(a) Schwazer is Gisa's employer.
(b) Schwarzer is courting Gisa.
(c) Schwarzer is Gisa's enemy.
(d) Schwarzer is like a brother to Gisa.
2. What would happen to Amalia's father when he went into the Castle?
(a) He would see an official, but get no results.
(b) He would be unable to see anyone, even a clerk.
(c) He would get sent back out.
(d) He would see a clerk or guard, but get no results.
3. Where do the letters Barnabas delivers come from?
(a) A machine.
(b) A clerk who writes letters all day.
(c) A mysterious unseen person inside an office.
(d) A stack of old letters.
4. What does Frieda think of K.'s conversation with Hans?
(a) K. was judgemental.
(b) K. was helpful.
(c) K. was deceptive.
(d) K. was argumentative.
5. Who controlled the family's response to being ostracized by the community?
(a) The father.
(b) The mother.
6. Who does K. intend to use his weapon against when he leaves Olga's house?
(a) The schoolteacher.
(b) His assistant.
7. What does K. say about Amalia's attractiveness?
(a) She is too reserved and unapproachable.
(b) She is far lovelier than Frieda.
(c) She is annoyingly bubbly.
(d) Her friendly personality makes her irresistable.
8. Who was the first letter that Barnabas delivered sent to?
(b) His father.
9. Who led the family toward Sortini when they saw him approaching?
(a) The mother.
(c) The father.
10. Who knocks on K.'s door at the beginning of Chapter XIII?
(a) One of the assistants.
(c) One of the children of the master tanner.
(d) One of the workers from the Gentlemen's Inn.
11. Who has saved K.'s job as janitor?
(b) The schoolteacher.
(d) The chairman.
12. What does Frieda say that K. wants from Hans' family?
(a) Access to the Castle.
(b) A place to stay for free.
13. Which of Barnabas's siblings is at the house when K. arrives?
(b) Neither Amelia nor Olga.
(d) Both Amelia and Olga.
14. Where does Olga make the contacts that eventually get Barnabas his job with the Castle?
(a) The Gentlemen's Inn.
(b) Inside the Castle.
(c) Waiting in front of the Castle.
(d) The Bridge Inn.
15. What do the gentlemen in the Gentlemen's Inn do to call the landlord?
(a) They send their secretaries to get him.
(b) They yell down the stairs.
(c) They ring electrc bells.
(d) They blow a whistle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What health concern does Amalia's father have?
2. What type of apprenticeship does Barnabas have?
3. Why does K. go to see Barnabas in Chapter XV?
4. Who tells K. the story of how their family became disparaged in the community?
5. What are Barnabas' parents doing when K. arrives at the house?
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)