|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does K. say about the schoolteacher scolding him?
(a) That he is pleased that the schoolteacher is mad at him.
(b) That he will soon revenge the schoolteacher.
(c) That he is deeply upset by it.
(d) That it does not affect him.
2. Which of Barnabas's siblings is at the house when K. arrives?
(b) Neither Amelia nor Olga.
(d) Both Amelia and Olga.
3. What does Buergel do when K. stumbles into his room?
(a) He invites K. in.
(b) He calls down to the inn's owner.
(c) He yells at K.
(d) He calls security.
4. Who does K. say he might be able to help medically?
(a) The landlord.
(b) The assistants.
(c) Hans' mother.
5. What does Jeremias do after hearing the contents of the letter?
(a) Attacks K.
(b) Attacks Barnabas.
(c) Runs off toward the meeting place.
(d) Takes the letter and tears it up.
6. What health concern does Amalia's father have?
(b) A paralyzed foot.
(d) A bad heart.
7. What is the relationship between Schwarzer and Gisa?
(a) Schwazer is Gisa's employer.
(b) Schwarzer is courting Gisa.
(c) Schwarzer is like a brother to Gisa.
(d) Schwarzer is Gisa's enemy.
8. How easy does K. think it will be to win Frieda back?
(a) He thinks he will have to beg her and show his worth.
(b) He thinks it will be impossible.
(c) He thinks it will be very difficult, and he'll have to make tough concessions.
(d) He thinks it will only take a few words from him.
9. When Amalia's father finally took action after their disgrace, what did he do?
(a) Publically plead for forgiveness.
(b) Petition the Castle.
(c) Talk to Sortini.
(d) Publically chastise the community.
10. What does K. say about Olga's attractiveness?
(a) She is neither pretty nor friendly.
(b) She is friendly but not pretty.
(c) She is both pretty and friendly.
(d) She is pretty but not friendly.
11. Who controlled the family's response to being ostracized by the community?
(b) The father.
(c) The mother.
12. Why does Barnabas want the job of messenger?
(a) For the chance to overhear conversations.
(b) For the status it brings.
(c) For the money it brings.
(d) Because he is endebted to Klamm.
13. What does K. do when he sees Frieda?
(a) Ignores her.
(b) Slaps her face.
(c) Shakes her hand coldly.
(d) Runs to her and embraces her.
14. What does K. see being delivered in the Gentlemen's Inn, as the morning approaches?
15. What does Frieda think K. might be using her for?
(a) To get money.
(b) To get accepted by the local families.
(c) To get revenge.
(d) To get to Klamm.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does K. say about his plan in dealing with Hans?
2. What would happen to Amalia's father when he went into the Castle?
3. What was the family looking at when Sortini approached Amalia?
4. How was Amalia's father punished for her disobedience?
5. What did Frieda's mother warn her about K.?
This section contains 601 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)