|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does K. say about his plan in dealing with Hans?
(a) He doesn't mind harming Hans, as long as he gets what he wants.
(b) Both he and Hans will benefit from it.
(c) K. will be the winner from the plan, and at least Hans will not lose anything.
(d) Hans will be the winner from the plan, and at least K. will not lose anything.
2. What health concern does Amalia's father have?
(a) A bad heart.
(c) A paralyzed foot.
3. Which of Barnabas's siblings is at the house when K. arrives?
(a) Both Amelia and Olga.
(c) Neither Amelia nor Olga.
4. When Amalia's father finally took action after their disgrace, what did he do?
(a) Publically chastise the community.
(b) Publically plead for forgiveness.
(c) Petition the Castle.
(d) Talk to Sortini.
5. What was the family looking at when Sortini approached Amalia?
(a) A horse.
(b) A poster.
(c) A fire engine.
(d) A tall building.
6. What does K. do when he sees Frieda?
(a) Ignores her.
(b) Runs to her and embraces her.
(c) Slaps her face.
(d) Shakes her hand coldly.
7. Where does Olga make the contacts that eventually get Barnabas his job with the Castle?
(a) The Bridge Inn.
(b) The Gentlemen's Inn.
(c) Waiting in front of the Castle.
(d) Inside the Castle.
8. Who tells K. that Olga is in love with him?
(a) Olga's father.
(b) Olga's mother.
9. How does the landlord react to seeing K. in the corridor at the Gentlemen's Inn?
(a) He is thrilled.
(b) He is jealous.
(c) He is furious.
(d) He is woried.
10. What did Frieda's mother warn her about K.?
(a) That K. was lazy and stubborn.
(b) That K. was violent and abusive.
(c) That K. was manipulative and ambitious.
(d) That K. was drunken and sullen.
11. Who led the family toward Sortini when they saw him approaching?
(a) The father.
(d) The mother.
12. What type of apprenticeship does Barnabas have?
13. Why does K. go to see Barnabas in Chapter XV?
(a) Because he wants to hire Barnabas to do a secret errand.
(b) Because he suspects that Barnabas knows a secret way to get to Klamm.
(c) Because he has a new message for Barnabas to deliver.
(d) Because he hasn't heard from Barnabas about his message to Klamm.
14. What sometimes cures Buergel's insomnia?
(a) Hot milk.
(d) Counting sheep.
15. What does K. take when he leaves Olga's house?
(a) A knife.
(b) A rock.
(c) A willow switch.
(d) A heavy vase.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose secretary is Buergel?
2. What is Frieda doing when K. returns to the schoolhouse in Chapter XV?
3. How was Amalia's father punished for her disobedience?
4. Does Olga think her family could have restored their position in the village?
5. What does K. say about Olga's attractiveness?
This section contains 532 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)