|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Frieda doing when K. returns to the schoolhouse in Chapter XV?
(a) Telling stories to the children.
(b) Mopping the floors.
(c) Bathing a cat.
(d) Sorting the library books.
2. What does K. take when he leaves Olga's house?
(a) A rock.
(b) A willow switch.
(c) A knife.
(d) A heavy vase.
3. Why does K. go to see Barnabas in Chapter XV?
(a) Because he hasn't heard from Barnabas about his message to Klamm.
(b) Because he suspects that Barnabas knows a secret way to get to Klamm.
(c) Because he wants to hire Barnabas to do a secret errand.
(d) Because he has a new message for Barnabas to deliver.
4. What did the father do when the family's money ran out?
(a) He started staying at home, not bathing, and pacing all day.
(b) He camped out in front of the Castle gates.
(c) He started trying to organize a revolt against the Castle.
(d) He started writing angry letters to the Castle.
5. What health concern does Amalia's father have?
(b) A paralyzed foot.
(d) A bad heart.
6. What does the teacher scold K. for at the beginning of Chapter XIV?
(a) Not cleaning up the room.
(b) Talking to the wrong people.
(c) Not being polite enough.
(d) Not dressing properly.
7. What does K. say about the schoolteacher scolding him?
(a) That he is deeply upset by it.
(b) That he is pleased that the schoolteacher is mad at him.
(c) That it does not affect him.
(d) That he will soon revenge the schoolteacher.
8. What does Erlanger ask from K.?
(a) That Frieda return to her post.
(b) That K. stop seeing Barnabas's family.
(c) That Jeremias return to the Castle.
(d) That K. leave the town.
9. Which of Barnabas's siblings is at the house when K. arrives?
(c) Both Amelia and Olga.
(d) Neither Amelia nor Olga.
10. What was the family forced to do?
(a) Move out of their house.
(b) Pay extra taxes to the Castle.
(c) Sell their cattle and horses.
(d) Become unpaid servants to noblemen.
11. What did Sortini order Amalia to do in his letter?
(a) Come to the Gentlemen's Inn.
(b) Come to the Castle.
(c) Meet him in the schoolhouse.
(d) Meet him at the festival.
12. Who tells K. that Olga is in love with him?
(c) Olga's father.
(d) Olga's mother.
13. Who has saved K.'s job as janitor?
(a) The chairman.
(d) The schoolteacher.
14. What type of interrogations does Buergel say are best for the person being interrogated?
(a) Interrogations at the Castle.
(b) Nighttime interrogations.
(c) Daytime interrogations.
(d) Interrogations at the person's home.
15. How was Amalia's father punished for her disobedience?
(a) His diploma was taken away.
(b) He was ignored by all his coworkers.
(c) He was given extra work to do every night.
(d) He was demoted.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Olga say is the head of their family?
2. What does Frieda think K. might be using her for?
3. Who is waiting at the meeting place when K. gets there?
4. What is the relationship between Schwarzer and Gisa?
5. What are Barnabas' parents doing when K. arrives at the house?
This section contains 545 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)