|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of Barnabas's siblings is at the house when K. arrives?
(b) Neither Amelia nor Olga.
(c) Both Amelia and Olga.
2. Who led the family toward Sortini when they saw him approaching?
(b) The mother.
(d) The father.
3. Who is Galater?
(a) Klamm's boss.
(b) Klamm's substitute.
(c) Klamm's new secretary.
(d) Klamm's uncle.
4. How do the gentlemen react to the deliveries?
(a) They take the deliveries and then redeliver to someone else.
(b) They accept the deliveries with flamboyant thanks.
(c) They fight over the deliveries.
(d) They try to avoid deliveries to them.
5. Who does Olga say is the head of their family?
(c) Their mother.
(d) Their father.
6. What is Frieda doing when K. returns to the schoolhouse in Chapter XV?
(a) Telling stories to the children.
(b) Sorting the library books.
(c) Mopping the floors.
(d) Bathing a cat.
7. What does Buergel talk to K. about?
(a) The private lives of the Castle elite.
(b) The schedule of arrivals and departures at the Gentlemen's Inn.
(c) The architectural design of the Castle.
(d) The way the secretary system works.
8. What does K. do while listening to Buergel?
(a) He twiddle his thumbs.
(b) He falls asleep.
(c) He taps his foot incessantly.
(d) He paces madly.
9. When Amalia's father finally took action after their disgrace, what did he do?
(a) Talk to Sortini.
(b) Publically plead for forgiveness.
(c) Publically chastise the community.
(d) Petition the Castle.
10. What does Erlanger ask from K.?
(a) That K. leave the town.
(b) That Jeremias return to the Castle.
(c) That K. stop seeing Barnabas's family.
(d) That Frieda return to her post.
11. What was Amalia's father's profession?
(a) He worked as a clerk at the Castle.
(b) He worked in the fire department.
(c) He worked at a printer's office.
(d) He worked at a toy maker's factory.
12. What did Sortini order Amalia to do in his letter?
(a) Come to the Castle.
(b) Come to the Gentlemen's Inn.
(c) Meet him at the festival.
(d) Meet him in the schoolhouse.
13. Who controlled the family's response to being ostracized by the community?
(c) The father.
(d) The mother.
14. Who does K. intend to use his weapon against when he leaves Olga's house?
(b) The schoolteacher.
(d) His assistant.
15. Who does Olga believe is the source of their misfortune?
(b) Sortini's servant.
(c) The fire department.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Frieda think K. might be using her for?
2. What does K. say about Amalia's attractiveness?
3. What type of interrogations does Buergel say are best for the person being interrogated?
4. What would happen to Amalia's father when he went into the Castle?
5. What was the family forced to do?
This section contains 520 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)