|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Amalia's father's profession?
(a) He worked at a toy maker's factory.
(b) He worked at a printer's office.
(c) He worked in the fire department.
(d) He worked as a clerk at the Castle.
2. What is Frieda doing when K. returns to the schoolhouse in Chapter XV?
(a) Sorting the library books.
(b) Mopping the floors.
(c) Bathing a cat.
(d) Telling stories to the children.
3. Who does K. discover has connections at the Castle?
(a) The landlady of the inn he stayed at.
(b) The assistants he has sent away.
(c) The teacher he talked to on the road.
(d) The woman K. saw nursing soon after his arrival in town.
4. Why does Barnabas want the job of messenger?
(a) For the status it brings.
(b) For the money it brings.
(c) For the chance to overhear conversations.
(d) Because he is endebted to Klamm.
5. What did the father do when the family's money ran out?
(a) He started trying to organize a revolt against the Castle.
(b) He started staying at home, not bathing, and pacing all day.
(c) He started writing angry letters to the Castle.
(d) He camped out in front of the Castle gates.
6. What does Frieda think K. might be using her for?
(a) To get money.
(b) To get to Klamm.
(c) To get accepted by the local families.
(d) To get revenge.
7. What is Erlanger doing when K. first sees him?
(a) Talking on the phone.
8. What did Frieda's mother warn her about K.?
(a) That K. was drunken and sullen.
(b) That K. was violent and abusive.
(c) That K. was manipulative and ambitious.
(d) That K. was lazy and stubborn.
9. What sometimes cures Buergel's insomnia?
(a) Hot milk.
(c) Counting sheep.
10. What type of interrogations does Buergel say are best for the person being interrogated?
(a) Daytime interrogations.
(b) Interrogations at the person's home.
(c) Nighttime interrogations.
(d) Interrogations at the Castle.
11. Why does Hans think his father might be sympathetic toward K.?
(a) Hans' father also wants to see Klamm.
(b) Hans' father wanted to summon a land surveyor.
(c) Hans' father was once a stranger in the village.
(d) Hans' father is a land surveyor like K.
12. What does K. see being delivered in the Gentlemen's Inn, as the morning approaches?
13. What does Jeremias do after hearing the contents of the letter?
(a) Takes the letter and tears it up.
(b) Attacks Barnabas.
(c) Runs off toward the meeting place.
(d) Attacks K.
14. Who gives Barnabas the letters he is supposed to deliver?
(a) Klamm's private secretary.
(b) A military officer.
(d) A clerk.
15. What does Buergel do when K. stumbles into his room?
(a) He yells at K.
(b) He calls down to the inn's owner.
(c) He calls security.
(d) He invites K. in.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Frieda doing when K. sees her at the Gentlemen's Inn?
2. What does K. say about Amalia's attractiveness?
3. What does Frieda think of K.'s conversation with Hans?
4. What does Erlanger ask from K.?
5. What does K. do while listening to Buergel?
This section contains 563 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)