|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Frieda doing when K. sees her at the Gentlemen's Inn?
(a) Cleaning the rooms.
(b) Carrying baggage for the guests.
(c) Serving drinks in the taproom.
(d) Cleaning tables in the taproom.
2. What sometimes cures Buergel's insomnia?
(b) Hot milk.
(c) Counting sheep.
3. What did Amalia do with Sortini's letter?
(a) Tear it up.
(b) Throw it into the street.
(c) Burn it.
(d) Bury it.
4. Who does K. discover has connections at the Castle?
(a) The landlady of the inn he stayed at.
(b) The teacher he talked to on the road.
(c) The woman K. saw nursing soon after his arrival in town.
(d) The assistants he has sent away.
5. Who tells K. that Olga is in love with him?
(c) Olga's mother.
(d) Olga's father.
6. How does the landlord react to seeing K. in the corridor at the Gentlemen's Inn?
(a) He is thrilled.
(b) He is jealous.
(c) He is woried.
(d) He is furious.
7. What is Erlanger doing when K. first sees him?
(c) Talking on the phone.
8. What does K. say about his plan in dealing with Hans?
(a) Both he and Hans will benefit from it.
(b) He doesn't mind harming Hans, as long as he gets what he wants.
(c) K. will be the winner from the plan, and at least Hans will not lose anything.
(d) Hans will be the winner from the plan, and at least K. will not lose anything.
9. Does Frieda come back to K. at the end of Chapter XXII?
(a) Yes, but she continues to see Jeremias.
(b) No, she leaves both K. and Jeremias.
(c) No, she stays with Jeremias.
(d) Yes, she leaves Jeremias for K.
10. What does K. do when he sees Frieda?
(a) Runs to her and embraces her.
(b) Ignores her.
(c) Shakes her hand coldly.
(d) Slaps her face.
11. What does K. say about Olga's attractiveness?
(a) She is neither pretty nor friendly.
(b) She is pretty but not friendly.
(c) She is both pretty and friendly.
(d) She is friendly but not pretty.
12. Who is waiting at the meeting place when K. gets there?
(a) The landlord and landlady.
(b) No one.
(c) Frieda and Amalia.
(d) A large crowd of people.
13. Why does K. go to see Barnabas in Chapter XV?
(a) Because he hasn't heard from Barnabas about his message to Klamm.
(b) Because he wants to hire Barnabas to do a secret errand.
(c) Because he has a new message for Barnabas to deliver.
(d) Because he suspects that Barnabas knows a secret way to get to Klamm.
14. What is Frieda doing when K. returns to the schoolhouse in Chapter XV?
(a) Sorting the library books.
(b) Telling stories to the children.
(c) Bathing a cat.
(d) Mopping the floors.
15. Who does K. say he might be able to help medically?
(a) The landlord.
(b) The assistants.
(c) Hans' mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the father do when the family's money ran out?
2. What does K. see being delivered in the Gentlemen's Inn, as the morning approaches?
3. Where does the letter-writer want to meet K.?
4. Who gives Barnabas the letters he is supposed to deliver?
5. Who led the family toward Sortini when they saw him approaching?
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)