|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What health concern does Amalia's father have?
(c) A bad heart.
(d) A paralyzed foot.
2. What does Frieda say that K. wants from Hans' family?
(c) Access to the Castle.
(d) A place to stay for free.
3. What do the gentlemen in the Gentlemen's Inn do to call the landlord?
(a) They blow a whistle.
(b) They send their secretaries to get him.
(c) They ring electrc bells.
(d) They yell down the stairs.
4. What does K. say about his loyalty to Frieda?
(a) That it doesn't matter whether he was unfaithful.
(b) That she doesn't deserve to know whether he was faithful.
(c) That she is horrid to challenge his faithfulness.
(d) That he was never unfaithful.
5. Who tells K. that Olga is in love with him?
(b) Olga's mother.
(c) Olga's father.
6. What is Frieda doing when K. sees her at the Gentlemen's Inn?
(a) Serving drinks in the taproom.
(b) Carrying baggage for the guests.
(c) Cleaning the rooms.
(d) Cleaning tables in the taproom.
7. What is Erlanger doing when K. first sees him?
(d) Talking on the phone.
8. What was the family's response to being ostracized by the community?
(a) To write letters to the Castle.
(b) To do nothing.
(c) To complain constantly to whoever would listen.
(d) To snub the most prominent members of the community.
9. Where do the letters Barnabas delivers come from?
(a) A clerk who writes letters all day.
(b) A mysterious unseen person inside an office.
(c) A stack of old letters.
(d) A machine.
10. What are Barnabas' parents doing when K. arrives at the house?
(b) Talking loudly.
(d) Writing a letter.
11. Who does Barnabas deliver a message from during Chapter XXI?
(a) A castle guard.
(b) One of Klamm's secretaries.
12. Why does K. go to see Barnabas in Chapter XV?
(a) Because he suspects that Barnabas knows a secret way to get to Klamm.
(b) Because he has a new message for Barnabas to deliver.
(c) Because he hasn't heard from Barnabas about his message to Klamm.
(d) Because he wants to hire Barnabas to do a secret errand.
13. What crime had the Castle formally charged the family with?
(a) Insulting a nobleman.
(b) Being a public nuisance.
(c) Evading an order to appear.
14. What does Erlanger ask from K.?
(a) That Frieda return to her post.
(b) That K. leave the town.
(c) That K. stop seeing Barnabas's family.
(d) That Jeremias return to the Castle.
15. What does Jeremias do after hearing the contents of the letter?
(a) Runs off toward the meeting place.
(b) Takes the letter and tears it up.
(c) Attacks K.
(d) Attacks Barnabas.
Short Answer Questions
1. Does Frieda come back to K. at the end of Chapter XXII?
2. What does Buergel do when K. stumbles into his room?
3. What does K. say about the schoolteacher scolding him?
4. Who tells K. the story of how their family became disparaged in the community?
5. Who does Olga say is the head of their family?
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)