|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Amalia's father finally took action after their disgrace, what did he do?
(a) Talk to Sortini.
(b) Publically chastise the community.
(c) Publically plead for forgiveness.
(d) Petition the Castle.
2. Whose secretary is Buergel?
3. What does K. say about his loyalty to Frieda?
(a) That she doesn't deserve to know whether he was faithful.
(b) That he was never unfaithful.
(c) That she is horrid to challenge his faithfulness.
(d) That it doesn't matter whether he was unfaithful.
4. What does Frieda say that K. wants from Hans' family?
(a) A place to stay for free.
(c) Access to the Castle.
5. Who does K. discover has connections at the Castle?
(a) The woman K. saw nursing soon after his arrival in town.
(b) The landlady of the inn he stayed at.
(c) The assistants he has sent away.
(d) The teacher he talked to on the road.
6. Why does K. go to see Barnabas in Chapter XV?
(a) Because he has a new message for Barnabas to deliver.
(b) Because he hasn't heard from Barnabas about his message to Klamm.
(c) Because he wants to hire Barnabas to do a secret errand.
(d) Because he suspects that Barnabas knows a secret way to get to Klamm.
7. What was the family forced to do?
(a) Pay extra taxes to the Castle.
(b) Become unpaid servants to noblemen.
(c) Move out of their house.
(d) Sell their cattle and horses.
8. What sometimes cures Buergel's insomnia?
(b) Hot milk.
(c) Counting sheep.
9. Who does K. intend to use his weapon against when he leaves Olga's house?
(a) The schoolteacher.
(b) His assistant.
10. Does Frieda come back to K. at the end of Chapter XXII?
(a) Yes, but she continues to see Jeremias.
(b) Yes, she leaves Jeremias for K.
(c) No, she stays with Jeremias.
(d) No, she leaves both K. and Jeremias.
11. Who does Olga believe is the source of their misfortune?
(a) Sortini's servant.
(b) The fire department.
12. What does Erlanger ask from K.?
(a) That K. stop seeing Barnabas's family.
(b) That Frieda return to her post.
(c) That Jeremias return to the Castle.
(d) That K. leave the town.
13. What does K. do while listening to Buergel?
(a) He falls asleep.
(b) He twiddle his thumbs.
(c) He taps his foot incessantly.
(d) He paces madly.
14. Who knocks on K.'s door at the beginning of Chapter XIII?
(a) One of the workers from the Gentlemen's Inn.
(b) One of the children of the master tanner.
(d) One of the assistants.
15. What do the gentlemen in the Gentlemen's Inn do to call the landlord?
(a) They yell down the stairs.
(b) They ring electrc bells.
(c) They blow a whistle.
(d) They send their secretaries to get him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Frieda's mother warn her about K.?
2. What is Erlanger doing when K. first sees him?
3. What does K. say about his plan in dealing with Hans?
4. What type of interrogations does Buergel say are best for the person being interrogated?
5. Who does Barnabas deliver a message from during Chapter XXI?
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)