|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does K. fall asleep at the end of Chapter XXIV?
(a) In a barrel.
(b) On the rug.
(c) In the street.
(d) In a bathtub.
2. What type of apprenticeship does Barnabas have?
3. Who does Olga believe is the source of their misfortune?
(a) The fire department.
(d) Sortini's servant.
4. Whose secretary is Buergel?
5. Does Frieda come back to K. at the end of Chapter XXII?
(a) Yes, she leaves Jeremias for K.
(b) Yes, but she continues to see Jeremias.
(c) No, she leaves both K. and Jeremias.
(d) No, she stays with Jeremias.
6. Who does K. discover has connections at the Castle?
(a) The landlady of the inn he stayed at.
(b) The assistants he has sent away.
(c) The woman K. saw nursing soon after his arrival in town.
(d) The teacher he talked to on the road.
7. What is Frieda doing when K. sees her at the Gentlemen's Inn?
(a) Carrying baggage for the guests.
(b) Cleaning tables in the taproom.
(c) Serving drinks in the taproom.
(d) Cleaning the rooms.
8. How does the landlord react to seeing K. in the corridor at the Gentlemen's Inn?
(a) He is woried.
(b) He is thrilled.
(c) He is jealous.
(d) He is furious.
9. Why does K. go to see Barnabas in Chapter XV?
(a) Because he has a new message for Barnabas to deliver.
(b) Because he hasn't heard from Barnabas about his message to Klamm.
(c) Because he wants to hire Barnabas to do a secret errand.
(d) Because he suspects that Barnabas knows a secret way to get to Klamm.
10. Who gives Barnabas the letters he is supposed to deliver?
(a) Klamm's private secretary.
(c) A clerk.
(d) A military officer.
11. What are Barnabas' parents doing when K. arrives at the house?
(b) Talking loudly.
(c) Writing a letter.
12. What does K. do while listening to Buergel?
(a) He taps his foot incessantly.
(b) He paces madly.
(c) He falls asleep.
(d) He twiddle his thumbs.
13. What does Frieda think K. might be using her for?
(a) To get revenge.
(b) To get to Klamm.
(c) To get money.
(d) To get accepted by the local families.
14. Who led the family toward Sortini when they saw him approaching?
(a) The father.
(c) The mother.
15. Where does Olga make the contacts that eventually get Barnabas his job with the Castle?
(a) The Gentlemen's Inn.
(b) The Bridge Inn.
(c) Inside the Castle.
(d) Waiting in front of the Castle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What health concern does Amalia's father have?
2. How do the gentlemen react to the deliveries?
3. Had other families been disgraced in the past?
4. What is Erlanger doing when K. first sees him?
5. How long does Barnabas have to wait for the letters he delivers?
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)