|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is waiting at the meeting place when K. gets there?
(a) A large crowd of people.
(b) Frieda and Amalia.
(c) The landlord and landlady.
(d) No one.
2. What does Jeremias do after hearing the contents of the letter?
(a) Runs off toward the meeting place.
(b) Takes the letter and tears it up.
(c) Attacks K.
(d) Attacks Barnabas.
3. What does K. do while listening to Buergel?
(a) He twiddle his thumbs.
(b) He falls asleep.
(c) He paces madly.
(d) He taps his foot incessantly.
4. What health concern does Amalia's father have?
(a) A paralyzed foot.
(b) A bad heart.
5. What is the relationship between Schwarzer and Gisa?
(a) Schwazer is Gisa's employer.
(b) Schwarzer is courting Gisa.
(c) Schwarzer is Gisa's enemy.
(d) Schwarzer is like a brother to Gisa.
6. Who knocks on K.'s door at the beginning of Chapter XIII?
(a) One of the children of the master tanner.
(c) One of the workers from the Gentlemen's Inn.
(d) One of the assistants.
7. Who does Olga say is the head of their family?
(a) Their father.
(c) Their mother.
8. What does K. say about Olga's attractiveness?
(a) She is friendly but not pretty.
(b) She is neither pretty nor friendly.
(c) She is both pretty and friendly.
(d) She is pretty but not friendly.
9. What are Barnabas' parents doing when K. arrives at the house?
(b) Talking loudly.
(c) Writing a letter.
10. Who does Olga believe is the source of their misfortune?
(a) The fire department.
(d) Sortini's servant.
11. Who was the first letter that Barnabas delivered sent to?
(c) His father.
12. What does Frieda think of K.'s conversation with Hans?
(a) K. was argumentative.
(b) K. was deceptive.
(c) K. was helpful.
(d) K. was judgemental.
13. What does K. say about Amalia's attractiveness?
(a) She is far lovelier than Frieda.
(b) Her friendly personality makes her irresistable.
(c) She is annoyingly bubbly.
(d) She is too reserved and unapproachable.
14. Does Frieda come back to K. at the end of Chapter XXII?
(a) Yes, but she continues to see Jeremias.
(b) No, she stays with Jeremias.
(c) No, she leaves both K. and Jeremias.
(d) Yes, she leaves Jeremias for K.
15. What does Buergel do when K. stumbles into his room?
(a) He calls security.
(b) He yells at K.
(c) He invites K. in.
(d) He calls down to the inn's owner.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gives Barnabas the letters he is supposed to deliver?
2. What was the family's response to being ostracized by the community?
3. Who has saved K.'s job as janitor?
4. Where does the letter-writer want to meet K.?
5. Who does K. discover has connections at the Castle?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)