|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has saved K.'s job as janitor?
(a) The chairman.
(c) The schoolteacher.
2. How effective is bribing Castle officials?
(a) Effective, if the bribe is given to the right official.
(b) Effective, if the bribe is large enough.
(c) Ineffective and usually resulting in criminal prosecution.
(d) Ineffective but tolerated.
3. What is the relationship between Schwarzer and Gisa?
(a) Schwarzer is like a brother to Gisa.
(b) Schwazer is Gisa's employer.
(c) Schwarzer is Gisa's enemy.
(d) Schwarzer is courting Gisa.
4. What is Frieda doing when K. returns to the schoolhouse in Chapter XV?
(a) Mopping the floors.
(b) Sorting the library books.
(c) Bathing a cat.
(d) Telling stories to the children.
5. What does K. see being delivered in the Gentlemen's Inn, as the morning approaches?
6. What did the father do when the family's money ran out?
(a) He camped out in front of the Castle gates.
(b) He started staying at home, not bathing, and pacing all day.
(c) He started writing angry letters to the Castle.
(d) He started trying to organize a revolt against the Castle.
7. Why does Hans think his father might be sympathetic toward K.?
(a) Hans' father was once a stranger in the village.
(b) Hans' father also wants to see Klamm.
(c) Hans' father wanted to summon a land surveyor.
(d) Hans' father is a land surveyor like K.
8. Whose secretary is Buergel?
9. When Amalia's father finally took action after their disgrace, what did he do?
(a) Publically plead for forgiveness.
(b) Petition the Castle.
(c) Publically chastise the community.
(d) Talk to Sortini.
10. What does K. say about his plan in dealing with Hans?
(a) Hans will be the winner from the plan, and at least K. will not lose anything.
(b) K. will be the winner from the plan, and at least Hans will not lose anything.
(c) He doesn't mind harming Hans, as long as he gets what he wants.
(d) Both he and Hans will benefit from it.
11. What was the family's response to being ostracized by the community?
(a) To complain constantly to whoever would listen.
(b) To do nothing.
(c) To snub the most prominent members of the community.
(d) To write letters to the Castle.
12. What sometimes cures Buergel's insomnia?
(c) Counting sheep.
(d) Hot milk.
13. Where does Olga make the contacts that eventually get Barnabas his job with the Castle?
(a) The Bridge Inn.
(b) Waiting in front of the Castle.
(c) Inside the Castle.
(d) The Gentlemen's Inn.
14. What does Frieda think K. might be using her for?
(a) To get revenge.
(b) To get to Klamm.
(c) To get accepted by the local families.
(d) To get money.
15. How long does Barnabas have to wait for the letters he delivers?
(a) Never more than a few minutes.
(b) Usually a half hour to an hour.
(c) A long time, sometimes days.
(d) At most, several hours.
Short Answer Questions
1. What health concern does Amalia's father have?
2. What would happen to Amalia's father when he went into the Castle?
3. Had other families been disgraced in the past?
4. Who does K. intend to use his weapon against when he leaves Olga's house?
5. What did Sortini order Amalia to do in his letter?
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)