Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the landlady say she feels about K. staying at the inn?
(a) She says she is in love with K. and wants him to stay.
(b) She says she is happy that K. is staying there.
(c) She says that she wants K. to stay but doesn't want to see or hear him.
(d) She says that she wants K. to leave immediately.
2. What does the chairman say about the Castle's phone system?
(a) That it's a joke.
(b) That it's the most reliable part of the Castle bureaucracy.
(c) That it's antiquated but effective.
(d) That it's never working.
3. Who does the letter from K.'s director tell him to report to?
(a) The Count.
(b) The director.
(c) The village chairman.
(d) The Queen.
4. What does K. tell Schwarzer he is?
(a) An apothecary.
(b) A member of the royal court.
(c) A land surveyor.
(d) A milliner.
5. What does K. worry about regarding Frieda?
(a) That she will continue to feel attached to Klamm.
(b) That she will leave him when she learns the Castle does not need him.
(c) That she will make Klamm angry with her.
(d) That she will continue to sleep with Klamm.
6. How did the landlady meet her husband?
(a) He came to stay at her father's inn.
(b) He consoled her after Klamm stopped calling on her.
(c) He bought flowers from her every day in her flower shop.
(d) He was a messenger between her and Klamm.
7. Why does the landlady say that Frieda never received gifts from Klamm?
(a) She never asked for any gifts.
(b) Klamm only gives one gift to a mistress, when she leaves him.
(c) She is not a good enough mistress to deserve gifts.
(d) Klamm never gives gifts to his mistresses.
8. When K. lights a match, who does he startle?
9. What jumps on Frieda in the middle of the night at the school?
(a) A dog.
(b) A weasel.
(c) A cat.
(d) A rat.
10. What is the weather like the morning after K. arrives?
(a) There is snow.
(b) It is sunny and warm.
(c) It is cloudy and dark.
(d) It is raining.
11. Who does Frieda say the assistants really want?
12. What color hair does Frieda have?
13. Who does K. say summoned him?
(a) The Attache.
(b) The Prince.
(c) The Count.
(d) The Queen.
14. What does K. think of the Castle when he goes to look at it?
(a) It looks ordinary to him.
(b) He is awed and fearful.
(c) He is impressed by the Castle's elegance.
(d) It looks overly ornate to him.
15. What is K. asked to get out of Klamm's sleigh?
(a) A music box.
(b) Klamm's spectacles.
(c) A riding crop.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does K. tell Frieda's mother that he plans to marry Frieda?
2. How likely does Frieda's mother say it is for K. to see Klamm?
3. What does K. say about attempts to communicate through intermediaries?
4. Where do Frieda and K. make love?
5. How does the teacher say K. treated the chairman?
This section contains 530 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)