|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does Frieda give that she is sad she left the Gentlemen's Inn?
(a) She misses Klamm's wealth.
(b) She feels unworthy to be with K.
(c) She misses a steady income as a barmaid.
(d) She misses Klamm's power.
2. Where does K. go at the beginning of Chapter IX?
(a) Into the Gentlemen's Inn.
(b) To Barnabas's house.
(c) To the Castle.
(d) To the inn where he is staying.
3. What gets thrown on Frieda and K.?
(a) A sheet.
(b) A bucket of water.
(c) Their clothes.
(d) A rug.
4. What does K. worry about regarding Frieda?
(a) That she will continue to feel attached to Klamm.
(b) That she will make Klamm angry with her.
(c) That she will leave him when she learns the Castle does not need him.
(d) That she will continue to sleep with Klamm.
5. When does K. say he wants to see Klamm?
(a) Whenever Klamm has time in his schedule.
(b) Before he must report to the village authorities.
(c) Within the next week.
(d) As soon as possible.
6. What answer does K. get when he calls the Castle himself for permission to visit?
(a) He is told he must wait three days.
(b) He is told no.
(c) He is told he must fill out the right forms.
(d) He is told he can come at once.
7. Who does K. say is the only person with authority to fire him?
(a) The principal.
(b) The chairman.
(d) The Count.
8. Who discovers Frieda and K. embracing in K.'s room?
(b) Some maids.
(c) A Castle official.
9. What does Klamm try to find on the wall in the taproom?
(a) A picture.
(b) The peephole.
(c) A lantern.
(d) An inscription.
10. Who leases the inn to the landlady and landlord?
(a) The Count.
(b) The landlord's uncle.
(d) The landlady's father.
11. From whom does K. receive a letter?
(c) The Count.
12. How did the landlady meet her husband?
(a) He consoled her after Klamm stopped calling on her.
(b) He bought flowers from her every day in her flower shop.
(c) He was a messenger between her and Klamm.
(d) He came to stay at her father's inn.
13. Where are K. and his assistants living at the beginning of Chapter XI?
(a) The school gymnasium.
(b) The school dormitory.
(c) The school basement.
(d) The school office.
14. What does the gentleman want K. to do?
(a) Leave the town.
(b) Fill out forms to get to see Klamm.
(c) Put off his wedding to Frieda.
(d) Answer questions in a formal interview.
15. What does the chairman say about the Castle's phone system?
(a) That it's never working.
(b) That it's a joke.
(c) That it's antiquated but effective.
(d) That it's the most reliable part of the Castle bureaucracy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the teacher say the offer is a great favor?
2. What is the weather like at the beginning of Chapter X?
3. Who does Frieda say the assistants really want?
4. Do the people in the house know about K.?
5. Why does Frieda say her mother has decided to kick K. out of the house?
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)