|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does K. say about attempts to communicate through intermediaries?
(a) They work in his favor.
(b) They are failures.
(c) They enhance communication.
(d) They are inefficient.
2. What does Frieda ask K. to do?
(a) Go live abroad with her.
(b) Go away from the town and leave her.
(c) Stay with her in the down, despite the townspeople.
(d) Go abroad and start a business, then ask her to come when he's established.
3. Why does the teacher say the offer is a great favor?
(a) The position was going to be given to the chairman's brother.
(b) The offer was especially requested by Klamm.
(c) The position is unnecessary.
(d) The chairman has never offered anyone a job before.
4. Does Frieda agree with what K. wants to do about the assistants?
(a) No, she wants to keep the assistants near them constantly.
(b) Yes, she is even more critical of the assistants than K. is.
(c) Yes, though she is more tolerant of the assistants than K. is.
(d) No, but she wants more time away from teh assistants.
5. What photo does the landlady show K.?
(a) A photo of her husband as a young man.
(b) A photo of herself as a young girl.
(c) A photo of Frieda as a young girl.
(d) A photo of a messenger Klamm sent to her long ago.
6. Who discovers Frieda and K. embracing in K.'s room?
(c) A Castle official.
(d) Some maids.
7. What is Frieda's relationship with Klamm?
(a) They are siblings.
(b) They are friends.
(c) They are enemies.
(d) They are lovers.
8. What does the letter praise?
(a) K.'s ability to follow rules.
(b) K.'s work as a surveyor.
(c) K's integrity in dealing with Frieda.
(d) K.'s politeness.
9. Where does K. go when he arrives at the village?
(a) To the guard house to befriend the guards.
(b) To the servants' entrance of the castle.
(c) To the inn to sleep.
(d) To a friend's house.
10. When does K. say he wants to see Klamm?
(a) As soon as possible.
(b) Before he must report to the village authorities.
(c) Whenever Klamm has time in his schedule.
(d) Within the next week.
11. What is the chairman suffering from?
12. When K. leaves with Barnabas, where do they end up?
(a) At the Castle.
(b) At another inn.
(c) At the churchyard.
(d) At Barnabas' house.
13. When do they tell K. that Klamm left the Gentleman's Inn?
(a) A few hours after K. had left.
(b) Before K. arrived at the Gentleman's Inn.
(c) While K. was waiting for Klamm.
(d) As soon as K. was out of the way.
14. What is the weather like at the beginning of Chapter X?
(b) Windy but clear.
(c) Overcast but still.
(d) Sunny and warm.
15. Who does K. say summoned him?
(a) The Count.
(b) The Attache.
(c) The Prince.
(d) The Queen.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Chapter VIII, where is K.?
2. What does K. learn about Klamm's whereabouts?
3. What does the chairman offer to contact the Castle for?
4. When K. returns to the inn after meeting with the chairman, what does the landlord ask him?
5. How does K. feel when he leaves the meeting with the chairman?
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)