|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the letter from K.'s director tell him to report to?
(a) The village chairman.
(b) The Queen.
(c) The director.
(d) The Count.
2. What gets thrown on Frieda and K.?
(a) A sheet.
(b) A bucket of water.
(c) A rug.
(d) Their clothes.
3. What is Frieda's relationship with Klamm?
(a) They are lovers.
(b) They are siblings.
(c) They are enemies.
(d) They are friends.
4. Who does K. meet and ask questions about the Castle?
(a) A teacher.
(b) A lawyer.
(c) A stonemason.
(d) A cartographer.
5. What is it like inside Klamm's sleigh?
(a) Cramped and hot.
(b) Sterile and austere.
(c) Cold and uncomforable.
(d) Luxurious and warm.
6. Who is waiting with the gentleman for K.?
(d) The landlady and landlord.
7. How does K. try to get out of the conversation with Frieda's mother?
(a) By saying he must leave for his meeting with the village chairman.
(b) By saying he must go to work surveying the land the inn is on.
(c) By saying he is not decent and must dress.
(d) By saying he is wanted at the Castle immediately.
8. Who is the gentleman waiting for K. at the beginning of Chapter IX?
(a) Klamm's valet.
(b) Klamm's senior assistant.
(c) Klamm's brother.
(d) Klamm's village secretary.
9. What is Frieda's job at the taproom?
(a) Serving beer.
(b) Talking with customers and getting them to buy her drinks.
(c) Cleaning the floors.
10. Who leases the inn to the landlady and landlord?
(a) The landlord's uncle.
(c) The Count.
(d) The landlady's father.
11. From whom does K. receive a letter?
(d) The Count.
12. What reason does Frieda suggest for letting the assistants return?
(a) They might get K. in trouble, if they aren't allowed back.
(b) If they are brought back, they can be used as spies.
(c) They might be a way of getting to Klamm.
(d) They will spread rumors and ruin K.'s reputation.
13. Where do Frieda and K. make love?
(a) Outside under a tree.
(b) In the churchyard.
(c) On the taproom floor.
(d) In one of the inn's bedrooms.
14. Where are K. and his assistants living at the beginning of Chapter XI?
(a) The school office.
(b) The school basement.
(c) The school gymnasium.
(d) The school dormitory.
15. What does K. tell Frieda's mother he wants to see Klamm for?
(a) K. wants Klamm's permission to go to the Castle.
(b) K. wants to challenge Klamm to a duel over Frieda's affections.
(c) K. wants to know when the Count will come see him.
(d) K. wants to make sure Klamm has no hard feelings about K. marrying Frieda.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does K. say is the only person with authority to fire him?
2. What does K. worry about regarding Frieda?
3. What finally happens to the sleigh and the horses?
4. How likely does Frieda's mother say it is for K. to see Klamm?
5. What is the weather like at the beginning of Chapter X?
This section contains 544 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)