|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is K. asked to get out of Klamm's sleigh?
(a) Klamm's spectacles.
(c) A riding crop.
(d) A music box.
2. At the end of Chapter VIII, where is K.?
(a) At his room in the inn.
(b) Alone in the courtyard.
(c) At the steps of the Castle.
(d) At the door to Klamm's room.
3. How does K. feel when he leaves the meeting with the chairman?
4. What is it like inside Klamm's sleigh?
(a) Cramped and hot.
(b) Sterile and austere.
(c) Luxurious and warm.
(d) Cold and uncomforable.
5. What color hair does Frieda have?
6. Why does Frieda say her mother has decided to kick K. out of the house?
(a) She is afraid he won't have money to pay for his board.
(b) She has revealed too much personal information to him.
(c) She believes the Castle dislikes him and anyplace he stays will have bad favor.
(d) She has heard that he hangs out with undesirable people.
7. What photo does the landlady show K.?
(a) A photo of a messenger Klamm sent to her long ago.
(b) A photo of her husband as a young man.
(c) A photo of Frieda as a young girl.
(d) A photo of herself as a young girl.
8. What does the landlady say about Barnabas' family?
(a) They are snobs.
(b) They are unfriendly.
(c) They won't talk to Frieda.
(d) They have a bad reputation.
9. Where does K. say he could stay, if Frieda's mother kicked him out?
(a) At the Castle.
(b) With Barnabas.
(c) At the Gentleman's Inn.
(d) With Artur.
10. What does Klamm try to find on the wall in the taproom?
(a) A picture.
(b) A lantern.
(c) An inscription.
(d) The peephole.
11. What is Barnabas' role, according to the letter from K.'s director?
(a) He is a guard to watch out for K.'s safety.
(b) He is a messenger to communicate with the Castle.
(c) He is an overseer to make sure K. is behaving properly.
(d) He is an assistant to help K. with his work.
12. What does K. learn about Klamm's whereabouts?
(a) Klamm's room is empty, and he is getting ready to leave.
(b) Klamm is back at the Castle already.
(c) Klamm is away in the country for two or three days.
(d) Klamm has moved to another room, as he does each night.
13. Who does K. say is the only person with authority to fire him?
(a) The Count.
(c) The chairman.
(d) The principal.
14. How does the landlord say that the landlady has been feeling?
(a) Worried that she has hurt K.
(b) Sick and upset because of K.
(c) Sad that she's hurt her daughter.
(d) Nervous that K. will make trouble for her.
15. What gets thrown on Frieda and K.?
(a) A rug.
(b) A sheet.
(c) Their clothes.
(d) A bucket of water.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does Frieda's mother give for letting K. stay in the inn when he first arrived?
2. What does K. think of the Castle when he goes to look at it?
3. What does the landlady say about the landlord?
4. What does K. say about attempts to communicate through intermediaries?
5. Why does the teacher say the offer is a great favor?
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)