|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the chairman say is the reason K. was sent for?
(a) To pad the kingdom's budget.
(b) To survey land for a new section of the village.
(c) Bureaucratic error.
(d) To carry out a secret plot for the Count.
2. Who does the letter from K.'s director tell him to report to?
(a) The Queen.
(b) The Count.
(c) The director.
(d) The village chairman.
3. Where does K. say he could stay, if Frieda's mother kicked him out?
(a) With Barnabas.
(b) At the Gentleman's Inn.
(c) At the Castle.
(d) With Artur.
4. When does K. tell Frieda's mother that he plans to marry Frieda?
(a) Perhaps in a year or so.
(b) The following summer.
(d) As soon as possible.
5. What answer does K. get when he calls the Castle himself for permission to visit?
(a) He is told he must wait three days.
(b) He is told he can come at once.
(c) He is told he must fill out the right forms.
(d) He is told no.
6. From whom does K. receive a letter?
(d) The Count.
7. Who does Frieda's mother say an official will talk to?
(b) Only those he wants to talk to.
(c) No one.
(d) Only those who fill out the correct paperwork.
8. How does the teacher know about K.'s conversation with the chairman?
(a) His servant heard about it from the chairman's servant.
(b) He lives next door to the chairman, and the walls are thin.
(c) He heard about it from the chairman's wife.
(d) He recorded a deposition of the conversation.
9. What reason does Frieda suggest for letting the assistants return?
(a) They might get K. in trouble, if they aren't allowed back.
(b) They will spread rumors and ruin K.'s reputation.
(c) They might be a way of getting to Klamm.
(d) If they are brought back, they can be used as spies.
10. Why do the characters have trouble sleeping at the school?
(a) It is too noisy.
(b) It is too bright.
(c) It is too hot.
(d) It is too cold.
11. What is the weather like the morning after K. arrives?
(a) It is raining.
(b) There is snow.
(c) It is sunny and warm.
(d) It is cloudy and dark.
12. What reason does K. suggest for the landlady's reluctance to have him talk to Klamm?
(a) That she is employed by Klamm.
(b) That she is protecting Klamm.
(c) That she is protecting her daughter.
(d) That she doesn't want K. to get in trouble.
13. Where do Frieda and K. make love?
(a) In one of the inn's bedrooms.
(b) On the taproom floor.
(c) Outside under a tree.
(d) In the churchyard.
14. What photo does the landlady show K.?
(a) A photo of a messenger Klamm sent to her long ago.
(b) A photo of herself as a young girl.
(c) A photo of her husband as a young man.
(d) A photo of Frieda as a young girl.
15. What does K. tell Schwarzer he is?
(a) An apothecary.
(b) A member of the royal court.
(c) A land surveyor.
(d) A milliner.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is it like inside Klamm's sleigh?
2. What does the landlady say of the gentleman's actions?
3. What does Frieda's mother say that Klamm thinks about K.?
4. When do they tell K. that Klamm left the Gentleman's Inn?
5. Who leases the inn to the landlady and landlord?
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)