|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the teacher say K. treated the chairman?
2. From whom does K. receive a letter?
(b) The Count.
3. How does the teacher know about K.'s conversation with the chairman?
(a) He lives next door to the chairman, and the walls are thin.
(b) His servant heard about it from the chairman's servant.
(c) He heard about it from the chairman's wife.
(d) He recorded a deposition of the conversation.
4. How does K. feel when he leaves the meeting with the chairman?
5. What is K. asked to get out of Klamm's sleigh?
(a) Klamm's spectacles.
(b) A riding crop.
(c) A music box.
6. When K. lights a match, who does he startle?
7. What photo does the landlady show K.?
(a) A photo of her husband as a young man.
(b) A photo of herself as a young girl.
(c) A photo of Frieda as a young girl.
(d) A photo of a messenger Klamm sent to her long ago.
8. What does the landlady say about the landlord?
(a) He is jealous of K.
(b) He is secretly employed by Klamm and does what the official wants.
(c) He resents the landlady and goes against whatever she wants.
(d) He supports the landlady in everything she asks for.
9. How many siblings does Barnabas have?
10. When do they tell K. that Klamm left the Gentleman's Inn?
(a) While K. was waiting for Klamm.
(b) A few hours after K. had left.
(c) As soon as K. was out of the way.
(d) Before K. arrived at the Gentleman's Inn.
11. What finally happens to the sleigh and the horses?
(a) They circle around the inn several times, before disappearing.
(b) They ride out to the country to meet Klamm.
(c) They ride off to the Castle.
(d) They are brought back to the stable.
12. What jumps on Frieda in the middle of the night at the school?
(a) A cat.
(b) A weasel.
(c) A rat.
(d) A dog.
13. Who does K. go to the Gentlemen's Inn to look for?
14. How does K. get back to the inn?
(a) On a horse.
(b) On foot.
(c) In a sleigh.
(d) On a bicycle.
15. What reason does K. suggest for the landlady's reluctance to have him talk to Klamm?
(a) That she is protecting Klamm.
(b) That she doesn't want K. to get in trouble.
(c) That she is employed by Klamm.
(d) That she is protecting her daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the landlord say that the landlady has been feeling?
2. Where are K. and his assistants living at the beginning of Chapter XI?
3. Where does K. go when he arrives at the village?
4. When does K. say he wants to see Klamm?
5. What reason does Frieda's mother give for letting K. stay in the inn when he first arrived?
This section contains 573 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)