Chapter I: Arrival and Chapter II: Barnabas
1. Where does K. go when he arrives at the village?
(a) To a friend's house.
(b) To the inn to sleep.
(c) To the servants' entrance of the castle.
(d) To the guard house to befriend the guards.
2. What does Schwarzer tell K. in the beginning of the novel when the two first meet?
(a) That K. has no permission to be there.
(b) That K. has to show papers bearing the royal seal from the Castle.
(c) That K. is welcome in the village.
(d) That K. has to work for his board at the inn.
3. What does K. tell Schwarzer he is?
(a) A member of the royal court.
(b) A milliner.
(c) An apothecary.
(d) A land surveyor.
4. Who does K. say summoned him?
(a) The Queen.
(b) The Prince.
(c) The Attache.
(d) The Count.
5. What is the weather like the morning after K. arrives?
(a) It is raining.
(b) There is snow.
(c) It is cloudy and dark.
(d) It is sunny and warm.
This section contains 5,295 words
(approx. 18 pages at 300 words per page)