1. Where does K. go when he arrives at the village?
(a) To the servants' entrance of the castle.
(b) To the guard house to befriend the guards.
(c) To a friend's house.
(d) To the inn to sleep.
2. What does Schwarzer tell K. in the beginning of the novel when the two first meet?
(a) That K. has to work for his board at the inn.
(b) That K. has no permission to be there.
(c) That K. has to show papers bearing the royal seal from the Castle.
(d) That K. is welcome in the village.
3. What does K. tell Schwarzer he is?
(a) A land surveyor.
(b) An apothecary.
(c) A milliner.
(d) A member of the royal court.
4. Who does K. say summoned him?
(a) The Count.
(b) The Queen.
(c) The Attache.
(d) The Prince.
5. What is the weather like the morning after K. arrives?
(a) It is cloudy and dark.
(b) There is snow.
(c) It is sunny and warm.
(d) It is raining.
This section contains 5,295 words
(approx. 18 pages at 300 words per page)