|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. King felt he could not conclude an account of the 6 weeks of protests in Birmingham without recognizing support which came from where?
(a) Around the country.
(b) Around the world.
(c) Around Alabama.
(d) Around the South.
2. Where was King assassinated on 4 April 1968?
(a) The Howard Johnson Motel, Athens, Georgia.
(b) The Johnston Motel, Hattiesburg, Mississippi.
(c) The Tennessee River Motel, Decatur, Alabama.
(d) The Lorraine Motel, Memphis, Tennessee.
3. When did King attend the signing of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 by President Johnson?
(a) 24 July 1964.
(b) 2 July 1964.
(c) 2 June 1964.
(d) 4 July 1964.
4. How many black protesters marched on St. Augustine?
5. Following a press conference at the U.S. Senate, when was the only encounter King had with Malcolm X?
(a) On 5 April 1964.
(b) On 16 May 1964.
(c) On 6 June 1964.
(d) On 26 March 1964.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Coretta meet Malcolm X on 5 February 1965?
2. Where did King deliver his initial public antiwar speech on 4 April 1967?
3. A dynamite blast killed how many young black girls in Sunday school at Birmingham's 16th Street Baptist Church on 15 September 1963?
4. How did Jimmie Lee Jackson die on 26 February 1965 in Marion, Alabama?
5. King saw the rioting in Los Angeles as having arisen from what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was King's opinion about frustration and aggression?
2. How did King describe Birmingham's Reverend Fred Shuttlesworth?
3. In the final chapter, what was it King recalled about his stabbing recovery?
4. What did King say in his address at the Atlanta dinner honoring his receipt of the Nobel Prize?
5. In his letter from the Birmingham Jail, how did King address the eight ministers who questioned direct action?
6. What did King stipulate about being jailed in Selma, Alabama?
7. King experienced what when he initially took his position on the war in Vietnam?
8. How did King view Birmingham, Alabama?
9. Why did King and Abernathy leave jail in Birmingham?
10. What were points King stipulated as to why he opposed the war in Vietnam?
This section contains 1,032 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)