|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. King stipulated he would not place his ultimate faith in little gods that could be destroyed when?
(a) In a biological age.
(b) In an atomic age.
(c) In a hydraulic age.
(d) In a chemical age.
2. What did King note came out in the New York Times about his injury?
(a) His survival was miraculous.
(b) He would have died without blood transfusion.
(c) He would have died without prompt medical attention.
(d) He would have died if he had sneezed.
3. King had been desirous of what for some years prior to his graduation from Crozer Seminary?
(a) Teaching in a religious school, college.
(b) Lecturing about his views around the nation.
(c) Providing social assistance to the needy.
(d) Counseling youths in a squalid urban slum.
4. What happened when white police officers initially arrested King in Montgomery?
(a) They took him to jail and threatened to kil him.
(b) They took him to jail where he was physically beaten.
(c) They took him to jail and refused to release him.
(d) They took him to jail where segregation persisted.
5. What factors regarding King's parents' marriage had a great impact on his religious attitudes?
(a) They held a family prayer circle daily.
(b) They read the Bible aloud daily.
(c) They were active in their church.
(d) They did not argue or have a great falling out.
Short Answer Questions
1. King described which individual as his "closest associate and most trusted friend" from the start of the boycott?
2. What was King's fine when found guilty of the antiboycott law?
3. King noted he had come to recognize the true meaning of what phrase through Coretta?
4. When did King receive his doctorate from Boston University?
5. What structure stood diagonally across the square from the Dexter Avenue Baptist Church?
Short Essay Questions
1. What hardships did King recall when he entered college?
2. How did King describe his meeting with Vice President Richard Nixon?
3. How did King conclude he dealt with the traumas he faced in 1958?
4. Why did King move to Atlanta following five years in Montgomery?
5. How did King view the Montgomery bus protest?
6. What did King observe that Ghana symbolized?
7. What was it King believed had been shoved upon his generation?
8. In his freshman year in college, what was King's view of "On Civil Disobedience" by Henry David Thoreau?
9. How did King describe his initial meeting with John F. Kennedy?
10. How did King meet Coretta?
This section contains 1,028 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)