|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what date did King's attorney arrange his release from prison?
(a) 29 October 1960.
(b) 26 October 1960.
(c) 28 October 1960.
(d) 27 October 1960.
2. What was it King's college training did, especially during his first two years?
(a) Brought some doubts, mostly answers to his mind.
(b) Erased many doubts from his mind.
(c) Reinforced many beliefs that he had.
(d) Brought many doubts to his mind.
3. What happened when white police officers initially arrested King in Montgomery?
(a) They took him to jail and refused to release him.
(b) They took him to jail where he was physically beaten.
(c) They took him to jail and threatened to kil him.
(d) They took him to jail where segregation persisted.
4. When did the U.S. Supreme Court declare segregation laws unconstitutional?
(a) November, 1956.
(b) September, 1956.
(c) December, 1956.
(d) October, 1956.
5. After being released from Harlem Hospital, in whose home did King start his convalescence?
(a) L. Harold DeWolf.
(b) Ralph Abernathy.
(c) Robert Kennedy.
(d) Sandy F. Ray.
Short Answer Questions
1. How was King attacked in Harlem in 1958?
2. King stipulated he would not place his ultimate faith in little gods that could be destroyed when?
3. When did King and other MIA leaders unsuccessfully meet with whites in an attempt to resolve the bus issue?
4. After being convicted for failing to obey a police officer, who paid King's fine on 4 September 1958?
5. King stipulated there was something in the universe that justified Cullen Bryant when he said what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did King observe that Ghana symbolized?
2. What did King note about the Great Depression?
3. What awoke King and Ralph Abernathy at 2:00 a.m. on 9 January 1957?
4. What was King's next step in his journey toward nonviolence following his studies at Crozer?
5. Why did King view 6 December 1955 as a day he would have to return to earth?
6. How did King describe his wife?
7. How did King view the Montgomery bus protest?
8. How did King describe his initial meeting with John F. Kennedy?
9. What hardships did King recall when he entered college?
10. Why did King regard 1958 as particularly difficult?
This section contains 952 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)