|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. King become head of what on 14 February 1957?
(a) Southern Leadership Commission.
(b) Southern Liberties Conference
(c) Southern Leadership Committee.
(d) Southern Leadership Conference.
2. When did the bus desegregation order reached Montgomery?
(a) 20 December 1956.
(b) 15 December 1956.
(c) 5 December 1956.
(d) 10 December 1956.
3. King received his doctorate in what major?
(a) Biblical History.
(b) Christian Theology.
(c) Theological Philosophy.
(d) Systematic Theology.
4. How did King respond to President Eisenhower's use of force when integrating Central High School in Little Rock, Arkansas?
(a) He applauded Eisenhower's action.
(b) He withheld comment regarding Eisenhower's acton.
(c) He denounced Eisenhower's action.
(d) He spoke for and against Eisenhower's action.
5. What particularly interested Coretta during the trip to India?
(a) Women, museums, cuisine.
(b) Women, history, government of India.
(c) Government, women, cuisine.
(d) Museums, animals, schools.
Short Answer Questions
1. King believed that, in order to advance forward, man had to step back and find what God?
2. When was King elected head of the Montgomery Improvement Association (MIA)?
3. In his own life and one of a person who sought to be strong, what was it King advised needed to be combined in one's character?
4. What was it King's college training did, especially during his first two years?
5. In addition to King, how many people were indicted in Montgomery on antiboycott charges in February, 1956?
Short Essay Questions
1. What awoke King and Ralph Abernathy at 2:00 a.m. on 9 January 1957?
2. What was King's next step in his journey toward nonviolence following his studies at Crozer?
3. In the opening of Chapter 11, "Birth of a New Nation," what was it King stipulated Ghana had to say?
4. What city did King consider to be his home?
5. When did King begin a search to eliminate social evil?
6. What did King note about the Great Depression?
7. Why did King choose the pastorate subsequent to his completion of the residential requirements for his doctorate?
8. How did King view the Montgomery bus protest?
9. How did King view Reinhold Niebuhr?
10. Why was it King viewed previously inactive Albany, Georgia, as having become turbulent?
This section contains 934 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)