|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. King become head of what on 14 February 1957?
(a) Southern Leadership Commission.
(b) Southern Liberties Conference
(c) Southern Leadership Committee.
(d) Southern Leadership Conference.
2. King spoke at the founding conference of what organization on 15 April 1960?
(a) The Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee (SNCC).
(b) The Coordinating Council of Community Organizations (CCCO).
(c) The Montgomery Improvement Association (MIA).
(d) The Alabama Council on Human Relations (ACHR).
3. When did King enter Crozer Theological Seminary?
(a) 14 September 1949.
(b) 14 September 1947.
(c) 14 September 1948.
(d) 14 September 1950.
4. How was King informed that he had been unanimously called to the pastorate of Dexter Avenue Baptist Church?
(a) Telephone call.
(c) Air-mail, special-delivery letter.
(d) First-class mail.
5. When did the bus desegregation order reached Montgomery?
(a) 15 December 1956.
(b) 10 December 1956.
(c) 5 December 1956.
(d) 20 December 1956.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did King have to prepare what he considered the most important speech of his life?
2. What was it King admired most about his father?
3. King described which individual as his "closest associate and most trusted friend" from the start of the boycott?
4. City and bus officials felt the bus protest would pass quickly once what happened?
5. When did King and other MIA leaders unsuccessfully meet with whites in an attempt to resolve the bus issue?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did King note about the Great Depression?
2. How did King view the Montgomery bus protest?
3. How did King's behavior reflect upon his perceived stereotype whites typically had of blacks?
4. How did King view Reinhold Niebuhr?
5. What did King observe about love?
6. What was it King believed had been shoved upon his generation?
7. How did King describe his meeting with Vice President Richard Nixon?
8. What hardships did King recall when he entered college?
9. How did King view philosopher Walter Rauschenbusch?
10. In the opening of Chapter 11, "Birth of a New Nation," what was it King stipulated Ghana had to say?
This section contains 883 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)