|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. King stipulated he would not place his ultimate faith in little gods that could be destroyed when?
(a) In a hydraulic age.
(b) In an atomic age.
(c) In a chemical age.
(d) In a biological age.
2. In the summer of 1957, the Southern Christian Leadership Conference (SCLC) planned a campaign to enforce what?
(a) Black voting rights.
(b) Revocation of segregation laws.
(c) Black property rights.
(d) Black employment rights.
3. King elaborated on what land reform movement in India which was virtually unknown in the U.S.?
4. Through studying the Bible in college, King stated he "came to see that behind the legends and myths of the Book were many ______."
(a) "Ideals for mankind".
(b) "Profound truths".
(c) "Humanitarian goals".
(d) "Benevolent dreams".
5. When did a Montgomery Grand Jury indict King and others on an antiboycott law?
(a) 7 February 1956.
(b) 21 February 1956.
(c) 14 February 1956.
(d) 28 February 1956.
6. What location in India did King describe as among the most beautiful in the world?
(a) Cape Cod.
(b) Cape Canaveral.
(c) Cape Colony.
(d) Cape Comorin.
7. On what date did King call for a Day of Penance to atone for an outbreak of racial violence in Albany?
(a) 25 July 1962.
(b) 20 July 1962.
(c) 4 August 1962.
(d) 30 July 1962.
8. King was arrested and jailed on what date for speeding during the "Get Tough" campaign?
(a) 31 January 1956.
(b) 16 January 1956.
(c) 26 January 1956.
(d) 21 January 1956.
9. King attended the midnight ceremony that marked the independence of which nation on 6 March 1957?
10. King called the bus company manager the day the order arrived and requested service be resumed the next day, and got what response?
(a) Agreement with evident relief.
(b) The manager hung up on him.
(c) An excuse that it would take a week.
(d) An excuse that it would take an uncertain length of time.
11. Who was the Governor of Arkansas when federal troops were called in to protect students at Central High School in Little Rock?
(a) George Wallace.
(b) Orval Faubus.
(c) Dobie Gillis.
(d) Orval Tessier.
12. In his own life and one of a person who sought to be strong, what was it King advised needed to be combined in one's character?
(a) "Idealism and realism."
(b) "Antitheses strongly marked."
(c) "Syntheses strongly connected."
(d) "Trust and doubt."
13. King grew up in, and later become co-pastor of, what church?
(a) Ebenezer Baptist.
(b) Leviticus Baptist.
(c) Auburn Baptist.
(d) Philemon Baptist.
14. When did King, Sr., marry Martin and Coretta?
(a) 18 June 1955.
(b) 18 June 1953.
(c) 18 June 1954.
(d) 18 June 1952.
15. It was primarily under Edgar S. Brightman and L. Harold DeWolf that King studied what?
(a) Personalistic philosophy.
(b) Calvinistic philosophy.
(c) Socialistic philosophy.
(d) Christian theology.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Martin Luther King, Jr., born?
2. King said the birth of this new African nation renewed his conviction in what?
3. In what year of college did King enter the ministry?
4. On 25 October 1960, King's case was dropped for a sit-in a week prior, but he was taken to the state prison for violating probation of what?
5. After having read Karl Marx to understand Communism's appeal to so many, what had King concluded about his views?
This section contains 547 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)