|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21: Death of Illusions, Chapter 22: St. Augustine, Chapter 23: The Mississippi Challenge.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. King believed preaching should come from the people's experiences, and specified that he must know what about those he pastored?
(a) Their status.
(b) Their faith.
(c) Their fortuity.
(d) Their problems.
2. After being released from Harlem Hospital, in whose home did King start his convalescence?
(a) L. Harold DeWolf.
(b) Ralph Abernathy.
(c) Sandy F. Ray.
(d) Robert Kennedy.
3. How did King respond to President Kennedy's having called Coretta over Easter weekend?
(a) Via telegram.
(b) Via letter.
(c) Via postcard.
(d) Via telephone.
4. Which social philosopher did King stipulate left an indelible imprint on his thinking?
(a) Walter Rauschenbusch.
(b) Walter Raleigh.
(c) Walter Channing.
(d) Walter Cronkite.
5. When did King receive his doctorate from Boston University?
(a) 5 June 1954.
(b) 5 June 1956.
(c) 5 June 1955.
(d) 5 June 1953.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Albert Boutwell won a runoff election for mayor on 2 April 1963 against Birmingham Police Commissioner Eugene "Bull" Connor, what did Connor do?
2. After having read Karl Marx to understand Communism's appeal to so many, what had King concluded about his views?
3. What shackles did King describe as being removed from his body during his first two college years?
4. King viewed preaching as the dual process of what?
5. King stipulated there was something in the universe that justified Cullen Bryant when he said what?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)