Chapter 1: Early Years, Chapter 2: Morehouse College
1. Where was Martin Luther King, Jr., born?
2. King grew up in, and later become co-pastor of, what church?
(a) Leviticus Baptist.
(b) Philemon Baptist.
(c) Ebenezer Baptist.
(d) Auburn Baptist.
3. What factors regarding King's parents' marriage had a great impact on his religious attitudes?
(a) They were active in their church.
(b) They held a family prayer circle daily.
(c) They read the Bible aloud daily.
(d) They did not argue or have a great falling out.
4. In his own life and one of a person who sought to be strong, what was it King advised needed to be combined in one's character?
(a) "Syntheses strongly connected."
(b) "Idealism and realism."
(c) "Antitheses strongly marked."
(d) "Trust and doubt."
5. King described his mother as having been what?
(a) "Hard-spoken and strict."
(b) "Soft-spoken and easy-going."
(c) "Soft-spoken but strict."
(d) "Hard-spoken but easy-going."
6. What did King describe as the age-old problem faced by his mother and all black parents in America?
(a) Explaining segregation, discrimination to a small child.
(b) Explaining segregation to a teenager.
(c) Explaining racial discrimination to a small child.
(d) Explaining racial hatred to a small child.
This section contains 5,299 words
(approx. 18 pages at 300 words per page)