|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Franklin Roosevelt's view on social reforms?
2. How does Hofstadter describe Herbert Hoover's economic policies?
3. Which movement did not approve of Grover Cleveland's policies?
4. Which movement did William Jennings Bryan lead?
5. At what university was Woodrow Wilson president?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Franklin D. Roosevelt.
2. How did Grover Cleveland's administration impact the economy of the United States?
3. How did the Great Depression affect Herbert Hoover's economic policies?
4. How did the business elite justify their great wealth in the late 19th century?
5. How did the Great Depression affect Herbert Hoover's career?
6. How did William Jennings Bryan rise to power?
7. How did the Second World War affect Roosevelt's career?
8. Why did Franklin D. Roosevelt oppose big business?
9. Why was Theodore Roosevelt considered a Conservative Progressive?
10. Why did Theodore Roosevelt enter politics?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe capitalism. How has capitalism affected the economy of the United States? How are the principles of economic capitalism associated with civil rights as they are outlined in the Constitution?
Essay Topic 2
What social reforms are credited to Thomas Jefferson? How did Jefferson's personal life affect his social policies? How did Jefferson's social philosophies affect his national policies as President?
Essay Topic 3
What constitutes a laissez-faire attitude towards an economy? Describe examples of laissez-faire policies. How do laissez-faire policies assist in the economic growth and development of a nation? What dangers are inherent in laissez-faire economics?
This section contains 976 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)