|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the economic result of Grover Cleveland's insistence on keeping the gold standard?
2. How does Hofstadter describe Herbert Hoover's economic policies?
3. With which political group did Theodore Roosevelt associate?
4. Which organization was credited for preserving European economies after World War I?
5. What did the National Recovery Act of 1933 attempt to accomplish?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the Second World War affect Roosevelt's career?
2. How did Woodrow Wilson rise to power?
3. How did William Jennings Bryan rise to power?
4. How did Herbert Hoover rise to power?
5. Describe Franklin D. Roosevelt.
6. Describe Herbert Hoover.
7. Which political party dominated the United States after the Civil War and why?
8. How did the Great Depression affect Herbert Hoover's career?
9. Why did Theodore Roosevelt enter politics?
10. Describe Woodrow Wilson.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the philosophies and events that affected the Founders of the United States Constitution. What political experiences affected the Founders? What economic experiences affected their philosophies and policies? What did the Founders want to change about their old government when designing this new nation?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the impact of the free silver movement on the economy of the United States. Why did the differing economic and political factions wish for different standards? What factors led to the choice of the gold standard?
Essay Topic 3
Describe how war and economic crises have affected American politics and economic policies in the 20th century. What political and social policies have arisen as a direct result of international conflict? How did the Great Depression change the way Americans view their economy? How has a global society affected the economic practices of the United States?
This section contains 1,061 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)