|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. With which political group did Theodore Roosevelt associate?
2. What was the economic result of Grover Cleveland's insistence on keeping the gold standard?
3. What role did Theodore Roosevelt wish for the United States to take on in the world?
4. What concern did William Jennings Bryan voice over Woodrow Wilson's support of Great Britain?
5. What did the supporters of the free silver movement wish for the government to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did William Jennings Bryan rise to power?
2. Describe William Jennings Bryan.
3. How did the Second World War affect Roosevelt's career?
4. What was The New Deal?
5. How did the Great Depression affect Herbert Hoover's career?
6. Why did Theodore Roosevelt enter politics?
7. Describe Woodrow Wilson.
8. How did the Great Depression affect Herbert Hoover's economic policies?
9. How did Woodrow Wilson rise to power?
10. What was the free silver issue?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe capitalism. How has capitalism affected the economy of the United States? How are the principles of economic capitalism associated with civil rights as they are outlined in the Constitution?
Essay Topic 2
What social reforms are credited to Thomas Jefferson? How did Jefferson's personal life affect his social policies? How did Jefferson's social philosophies affect his national policies as President?
Essay Topic 3
How did Theodore Roosevelt and the Progressive movement affect the economic and social climate of the early 20th century? How did the Progressive movement affect the American industry? What effect did Roosevelt's political policies have on the moral climate of the United States?
This section contains 1,019 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)