|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Theodore Roosevelt enter politics?
2. What was the reason supporters of the free silver movement wanted to change the monetary policy of the United States?
3. Which country's conquest did William Jennings Bryan openly oppose?
4. What did Theodore Roosevelt believe the Spanish-American War would produce in the United States?
5. Which country did Franklin Roosevelt assist at the beginning of World War II?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Herbert Hoover rise to power?
2. What was the free silver issue?
3. Why was Theodore Roosevelt considered a Conservative Progressive?
4. Why did Theodore Roosevelt enter politics?
5. Why did William Jennings Bryan resign as Woodrow Wilson's Secretary of War?
6. Describe Woodrow Wilson.
7. Describe Franklin D. Roosevelt.
8. Which political party dominated the United States after the Civil War and why?
9. Why did Franklin D. Roosevelt oppose big business?
10. Describe Herbert Hoover.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the meaning of the phrase "civil liberties." What civil liberties did the Founders wish for all American citizens to have? How does the Constitution affect the civil liberties of American citizens? Which groups of Americans were not initially guaranteed all civil liberties as described by the Constitution and when did they receive those liberties?
Essay Topic 2
What is "wage slavery" and how did it affect Americans in the 19th century? How did wage slavery differ from the slavery endured by many African-Americans at that time? What strategies were developed to end wage slavery?
Essay Topic 3
Describe capitalism. How has capitalism affected the economy of the United States? How are the principles of economic capitalism associated with civil rights as they are outlined in the Constitution?
This section contains 1,004 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)