|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Franklin Roosevelt's economic policy change in 1938?
2. What policy did Woodrow Wilson create to promote partnerships between government and corporations?
3. What did Herbert Hoover study while in school?
4. What famous treaty was created at the end of World War I?
5. Where did Woodrow Wilson train to be a politician?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the Great Depression affect Herbert Hoover's economic policies?
2. Why did Franklin D. Roosevelt oppose big business?
3. Why did William Jennings Bryan resign as Woodrow Wilson's Secretary of War?
4. How did Grover Cleveland's administration impact the economy of the United States?
5. Describe Theodore Roosevelt.
6. What was the "Gilded Age"?
7. How did the business elite justify their great wealth in the late 19th century?
8. What was Woodrow Wilson's philosophy concerning World War I?
9. Describe Herbert Hoover.
10. Why was Theodore Roosevelt considered a Conservative Progressive?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the balance of power the Founders of the Constitution wished to achieve in the new American government. Why did they wish to have power divided between the federal and state level? How did they wish for power to be divided among citizens? What dangers did they see in having one group hold too much power?
Essay Topic 2
What constitutes a laissez-faire attitude towards an economy? Describe examples of laissez-faire policies. How do laissez-faire policies assist in the economic growth and development of a nation? What dangers are inherent in laissez-faire economics?
Essay Topic 3
Describe capitalism. How has capitalism affected the economy of the United States? How are the principles of economic capitalism associated with civil rights as they are outlined in the Constitution?
This section contains 998 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)