|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who were William Jennings Bryan's constituents?
2. According to Hofstadter, which politician was the only person to have his status elevated as a result of World War I?
3. What did the National Recovery Act of 1933 attempt to accomplish?
4. How did the business barons of the Gilded Age justify their wealth?
5. Where did Herbert Hoover attend school?
Essay Topic 1
Describe the impact of the free silver movement on the economy of the United States. Why did the differing economic and political factions wish for different standards? What factors led to the choice of the gold standard?
Essay Topic 2
Describe capitalism. How has capitalism affected the economy of the United States? How are the principles of economic capitalism associated with civil rights as they are outlined in the Constitution?
Essay Topic 3
How did Theodore Roosevelt and the Progressive movement affect the economic and social climate of the early 20th century? How did the Progressive movement affect the American industry? What effect did Roosevelt's political policies have on the moral climate of the United States?
This section contains 1,038 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)