|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the supporters of the free silver movement wish for the government to do?
2. At what university was Woodrow Wilson president?
3. For which political party was Theodore Roosevelt the nominee in 1912?
4. With what political party was Franklin Roosevelt associated?
5. In which famous trial did William Jennings Bryan argue against the teaching of evolution?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe William Jennings Bryan.
2. What was the "Gilded Age"?
3. Why was Theodore Roosevelt considered a Conservative Progressive?
4. Describe Theodore Roosevelt.
5. How did Grover Cleveland's administration impact the economy of the United States?
6. How did the Second World War affect Roosevelt's career?
7. Describe Woodrow Wilson.
8. Why did Franklin D. Roosevelt oppose big business?
9. How did the Great Depression affect Herbert Hoover's economic policies?
10. Which political party dominated the United States after the Civil War and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What social reforms are credited to Thomas Jefferson? How did Jefferson's personal life affect his social policies? How did Jefferson's social philosophies affect his national policies as President?
Essay Topic 2
What constitutes a laissez-faire attitude towards an economy? Describe examples of laissez-faire policies. How do laissez-faire policies assist in the economic growth and development of a nation? What dangers are inherent in laissez-faire economics?
Essay Topic 3
Describe capitalism. How has capitalism affected the economy of the United States? How are the principles of economic capitalism associated with civil rights as they are outlined in the Constitution?
This section contains 998 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)