|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Theodore Roosevelt feel about America's entry into World War I?
2. With which political group did Theodore Roosevelt associate?
3. What did the supporters of the free silver movement wish for the government to do?
4. What did the Great Depression force Herbert Hoover to do?
5. With which controversial group is William Jennings Bryan associated?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Herbert Hoover rise to power?
2. How did the business elite justify their great wealth in the late 19th century?
3. What was the free silver issue?
4. Why did Theodore Roosevelt enter politics?
5. Describe Theodore Roosevelt.
6. How did the Great Depression affect Herbert Hoover's economic policies?
7. Why did William Jennings Bryan resign as Woodrow Wilson's Secretary of War?
8. How did the Great Depression affect Herbert Hoover's career?
9. What was the "Gilded Age"?
10. Why was Theodore Roosevelt considered a Conservative Progressive?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What impact did the Gilded Age have on the growth of the United States? How did the United States expand during this era and how did that expansion affect the economy? What social concerns rose during the Gilded Age and how were they addressed by America's leadership?
Essay Topic 2
What role did John C. Calhoun play in the development of American political practices? Describe Calhoun's theoretic plans for the electoral process and administration of laws and government policies. What dangers were inherent in Calhoun's ideas?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the impact of the free silver movement on the economy of the United States. Why did the differing economic and political factions wish for different standards? What factors led to the choice of the gold standard?
This section contains 984 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)