|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which country did Franklin Roosevelt assist at the beginning of World War II?
2. What was Franklin Roosevelt's view on social reforms?
3. Who was elected president of the United States in 1912?
4. What did Herbert Hoover study while in school?
5. For which political party was Theodore Roosevelt the nominee in 1912?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe William Jennings Bryan.
2. How did William Jennings Bryan rise to power?
3. Describe Theodore Roosevelt.
4. Why did Franklin D. Roosevelt oppose big business?
5. What was the League of Nations?
6. Why did William Jennings Bryan resign as Woodrow Wilson's Secretary of War?
7. Which political party dominated the United States after the Civil War and why?
8. How did Herbert Hoover rise to power?
9. What was Woodrow Wilson's philosophy concerning World War I?
10. What was The New Deal?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is "wage slavery" and how did it affect Americans in the 19th century? How did wage slavery differ from the slavery endured by many African-Americans at that time? What strategies were developed to end wage slavery?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the balance of power the Founders of the Constitution wished to achieve in the new American government. Why did they wish to have power divided between the federal and state level? How did they wish for power to be divided among citizens? What dangers did they see in having one group hold too much power?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the philosophies and events that affected the Founders of the United States Constitution. What political experiences affected the Founders? What economic experiences affected their philosophies and policies? What did the Founders want to change about their old government when designing this new nation?
This section contains 980 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)