|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which movement did William Jennings Bryan lead?
2. Which country did Woodrow Wilson support at the onset of World War I?
3. Why did Theodore Roosevelt oppose the League of Nations?
4. With which political group did Theodore Roosevelt associate?
5. When did William Jennings Bryan resign from Woodrow Wilson's cabinet?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the free silver issue?
2. How did the business elite justify their great wealth in the late 19th century?
3. Describe Herbert Hoover.
4. Why did Theodore Roosevelt enter politics?
5. How did Woodrow Wilson rise to power?
6. How did William Jennings Bryan rise to power?
7. How did Grover Cleveland's administration impact the economy of the United States?
8. Describe Theodore Roosevelt.
9. Why did William Jennings Bryan resign as Woodrow Wilson's Secretary of War?
10. What was Woodrow Wilson's philosophy concerning World War I?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What social reforms are credited to Thomas Jefferson? How did Jefferson's personal life affect his social policies? How did Jefferson's social philosophies affect his national policies as President?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the philosophies and events that affected the Founders of the United States Constitution. What political experiences affected the Founders? What economic experiences affected their philosophies and policies? What did the Founders want to change about their old government when designing this new nation?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the balance of power the Founders of the Constitution wished to achieve in the new American government. Why did they wish to have power divided between the federal and state level? How did they wish for power to be divided among citizens? What dangers did they see in having one group hold too much power?
This section contains 1,059 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)