|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. To which politician does Hofstadter compare Woodrow Wilson?
2. Who was elected president of the United States in 1912?
3. Where did Herbert Hoover attend school?
4. How does Hofstadter view Franklin Roosevelt?
5. What economic changes occurred during the Gilded Age?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What constitutes a laissez-faire attitude towards an economy? Describe examples of laissez-faire policies. How do laissez-faire policies assist in the economic growth and development of a nation? What dangers are inherent in laissez-faire economics?
Essay Topic 2
What role did John C. Calhoun play in the development of American political practices? Describe Calhoun's theoretic plans for the electoral process and administration of laws and government policies. What dangers were inherent in Calhoun's ideas?
Essay Topic 3
Which economic reforms are attributed to Andrew Jackson? How did Jackson's economic philosophy differ from the current economic practice? How did Jackson's economic policies affect the citizens of the United States?
This section contains 1,004 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)