|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the business barons of the Gilded Age justify their wealth?
2. What political changes occurred during the Gilded Age?
3. How did Woodrow Wilson view politics?
4. How does Hofstadter describe Herbert Hoover's economic policies?
5. Who were William Jennings Bryan's constituents?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Herbert Hoover rise to power?
2. Describe Woodrow Wilson.
3. What was Woodrow Wilson's philosophy concerning World War I?
4. What was the League of Nations?
5. What was The New Deal?
6. Describe Franklin D. Roosevelt.
7. How did Woodrow Wilson rise to power?
8. How did Grover Cleveland's administration impact the economy of the United States?
9. Why did Theodore Roosevelt enter politics?
10. Describe Theodore Roosevelt.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What role did John C. Calhoun play in the development of American political practices? Describe Calhoun's theoretic plans for the electoral process and administration of laws and government policies. What dangers were inherent in Calhoun's ideas?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the meaning of the phrase "civil liberties." What civil liberties did the Founders wish for all American citizens to have? How does the Constitution affect the civil liberties of American citizens? Which groups of Americans were not initially guaranteed all civil liberties as described by the Constitution and when did they receive those liberties?
Essay Topic 3
What constitutes a laissez-faire attitude towards an economy? Describe examples of laissez-faire policies. How do laissez-faire policies assist in the economic growth and development of a nation? What dangers are inherent in laissez-faire economics?
This section contains 1,049 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)