|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Herbert Hoover attend school?
2. What position did Herbert Hoover hold in both Presidents Warren Harding and Calvin Coolidge's cabinets?
3. What concern did William Jennings Bryan voice over Woodrow Wilson's support of Great Britain?
4. What was the economic result of Grover Cleveland's insistence on keeping the gold standard?
5. How did the Great Depression affect Herbert Hoover's political career?
Essay Topic 1
Describe the philosophies and events that affected the Founders of the United States Constitution. What political experiences affected the Founders? What economic experiences affected their philosophies and policies? What did the Founders want to change about their old government when designing this new nation?
Essay Topic 2
How has the economy of the United States changed since its inception? What differing economic principles have been implemented throughout the years? What cycle of economic policy is evident in Hosfstadter's book?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the meaning of the phrase "civil liberties." What civil liberties did the Founders wish for all American citizens to have? How does the Constitution affect the civil liberties of American citizens? Which groups of Americans were not initially guaranteed all civil liberties as described by the Constitution and when did they receive those liberties?
This section contains 1,041 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)