|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the supporters of the free silver movement wish for the government to do?
2. Which country's conquest did William Jennings Bryan openly oppose?
3. Who succeeded Theodore Roosevelt as president?
4. What criticism did Franklin Roosevelt have of Herbert Hoover while campaigning for president?
5. What did the National Recovery Act of 1933 attempt to accomplish?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Franklin D. Roosevelt.
2. Describe William Jennings Bryan.
3. Describe Woodrow Wilson.
4. Why did William Jennings Bryan resign as Woodrow Wilson's Secretary of War?
5. Which political party dominated the United States after the Civil War and why?
6. How did Woodrow Wilson rise to power?
7. What was Woodrow Wilson's philosophy concerning World War I?
8. Describe Theodore Roosevelt.
9. What was the free silver issue?
10. Why did Franklin D. Roosevelt oppose big business?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did Theodore Roosevelt and the Progressive movement affect the economic and social climate of the early 20th century? How did the Progressive movement affect the American industry? What effect did Roosevelt's political policies have on the moral climate of the United States?
Essay Topic 2
What social reforms are credited to Thomas Jefferson? How did Jefferson's personal life affect his social policies? How did Jefferson's social philosophies affect his national policies as President?
Essay Topic 3
Describe capitalism. How has capitalism affected the economy of the United States? How are the principles of economic capitalism associated with civil rights as they are outlined in the Constitution?
This section contains 1,022 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)