|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. With which political party is Woodrow Wilson associated?
2. What were some of Theodore Roosevelt's favorite pastimes?
3. How does Hofstadter describe Herbert Hoover's economic policies?
4. What position did Franklin Roosevelt hold in Woodrow Wilson's cabinet?
5. What problem did deflation cause during the Gilded Age?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe William Jennings Bryan.
2. Describe Herbert Hoover.
3. What was Woodrow Wilson's philosophy concerning World War I?
4. How did the Great Depression affect Herbert Hoover's economic policies?
5. How did the Great Depression affect Herbert Hoover's career?
6. What was the free silver issue?
7. How did Herbert Hoover rise to power?
8. How did Woodrow Wilson rise to power?
9. What was the League of Nations?
10. What was the "Gilded Age"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the impact of the Populist movement on the economy of the United States. Which groups of Americans were attracted to the Populist movement and why? What role did social reform play in the Populist platform? What was the economic platform of the Populist movement? What could have caused the demise of the Populist Party?
Essay Topic 2
Which economic reforms are attributed to Andrew Jackson? How did Jackson's economic philosophy differ from the current economic practice? How did Jackson's economic policies affect the citizens of the United States?
Essay Topic 3
What social reforms are credited to Thomas Jefferson? How did Jefferson's personal life affect his social policies? How did Jefferson's social philosophies affect his national policies as President?
This section contains 978 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)