|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Great Depression force Herbert Hoover to do?
2. With which political party was William Jennings Bryan associated?
3. Where did Herbert Hoover attend school?
4. How did the Great Depression affect Herbert Hoover's political career?
5. What studies did Franklin Roosevelt pursue?
Essay Topic 1
How has the economy of the United States changed since its inception? What differing economic principles have been implemented throughout the years? What cycle of economic policy is evident in Hosfstadter's book?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the impact of the Populist movement on the economy of the United States. Which groups of Americans were attracted to the Populist movement and why? What role did social reform play in the Populist platform? What was the economic platform of the Populist movement? What could have caused the demise of the Populist Party?
Essay Topic 3
Why does Hofstadter consider Wendell Phillips to be one of the most effective leaders of the abolitionist movement? What specific concerns did Phillips address about the emancipation of slaves? What strategies did he develop for integrating slaves into a free society?
This section contains 999 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)