|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Theodore Roosevelt enter politics?
2. What position did Franklin Roosevelt hold in Woodrow Wilson's cabinet?
3. For which political party was Theodore Roosevelt the nominee in 1912?
4. What disease paralyzed Franklin Roosevelt from the waist down?
5. According to Hofstadter, which politician was the only person to have his status elevated as a result of World War I?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did William Jennings Bryan resign as Woodrow Wilson's Secretary of War?
2. How did Theodore Roosevelt affect American politics after his term in office?
3. How did Woodrow Wilson rise to power?
4. Describe Woodrow Wilson.
5. What was Woodrow Wilson's philosophy concerning World War I?
6. Describe Franklin D. Roosevelt.
7. What was the "Gilded Age"?
8. What was the free silver issue?
9. How did Herbert Hoover rise to power?
10. How did William Jennings Bryan rise to power?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the philosophies and events that affected the Founders of the United States Constitution. What political experiences affected the Founders? What economic experiences affected their philosophies and policies? What did the Founders want to change about their old government when designing this new nation?
Essay Topic 2
What constitutes a laissez-faire attitude towards an economy? Describe examples of laissez-faire policies. How do laissez-faire policies assist in the economic growth and development of a nation? What dangers are inherent in laissez-faire economics?
Essay Topic 3
What role did John C. Calhoun play in the development of American political practices? Describe Calhoun's theoretic plans for the electoral process and administration of laws and government policies. What dangers were inherent in Calhoun's ideas?
This section contains 1,013 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)