|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What conflict did Herbert Hoover have with Franklin D. Roosevelt?
(a) They each blamed the other for the Depression.
(b) He argued with Roosevelt over foreign policy.
(c) Roosevelt disagreed with Hoover's foreign policy.
(d) He opposed Roosevelt's economic policies.
2. Which political party dominated the political arena after the Civil War?
(a) The Republican Party.
(b) The Progressive Party.
(c) The Democratic Party.
(d) The Libertarian Party.
3. What physical changes occurred during the Gilded Age?
(a) Americans colonized the entire continent.
(b) The South was revived by industry.
(c) The United States fought for and won Texas.
(d) Americans explored from the east coast to the Rocky Mountains.
4. With which political group did Theodore Roosevelt associate?
(a) The Progressives.
(b) The Republicans.
(c) The Libertarians.
(d) The Democrats.
5. Where did Herbert Hoover attend school?
(d) Johns Hopkins.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Hofstadter view Franklin Roosevelt?
2. What did Herbert Hoover study while in school?
3. What reputation did Theodore Roosevelt acquire among big businesses?
4. Where did Woodrow Wilson train to be a politician?
5. How does Hofstadter describe Grover Cleveland's economic policies?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the Great Depression affect Herbert Hoover's career?
2. What was Woodrow Wilson's philosophy concerning World War I?
3. How did Woodrow Wilson rise to power?
4. How did the Second World War affect Roosevelt's career?
5. How did Grover Cleveland's administration impact the economy of the United States?
6. Why did Theodore Roosevelt enter politics?
7. Why did William Jennings Bryan resign as Woodrow Wilson's Secretary of War?
8. What was The New Deal?
9. Why did Franklin D. Roosevelt oppose big business?
10. How did Theodore Roosevelt affect American politics after his term in office?
This section contains 954 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)