|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What problem did deflation cause during the Gilded Age?
(a) Industrial expansion came to a standstill.
(b) Investors saw poor returns on their investments.
(c) The price of goods rose as wages remained constant.
(d) Indebted farmers saw their debts increase.
2. What role did Theodore Roosevelt wish for the United States to take on in the world?
(c) Economic stimulator.
3. According to Hofstadter, why did the League of Nations fail?
(a) Too many tensions still existed between former rivals.
(b) The world was not socially ready for such a union.
(c) The plan did not account for economic realities.
(d) Time and distance were too great for most leaders.
4. What was the economic result of Grover Cleveland's insistence on keeping the gold standard?
(a) Inflation was kept down.
(b) Silver production halted.
(c) Money flowed into California.
(d) Inflation rose.
5. With what political party was Franklin Roosevelt associated?
(a) The Republican Party.
(b) The Libertarian Party.
(c) The Democratic Party.
(d) The Progressive Party.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Hofstadter, which politician was the only person to have his status elevated as a result of World War I?
2. What policy did Woodrow Wilson create to promote partnerships between government and corporations?
3. What did Herbert Hoover study while in school?
4. How did Theodore Roosevelt feel about America's entry into World War I?
5. Which political philosophies did Woodrow Wilson admire?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did William Jennings Bryan resign as Woodrow Wilson's Secretary of War?
2. Why did Theodore Roosevelt enter politics?
3. How did the Great Depression affect Herbert Hoover's economic policies?
4. What was The New Deal?
5. How did William Jennings Bryan rise to power?
6. Why did Franklin D. Roosevelt oppose big business?
7. What was Woodrow Wilson's philosophy concerning World War I?
8. How did Herbert Hoover rise to power?
9. How did Theodore Roosevelt affect American politics after his term in office?
10. Why was Theodore Roosevelt considered a Conservative Progressive?
This section contains 978 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)