Mid-Book Test (up to Chapter 6, Wendell Phillips: the Patrician as Agitator)
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice, 5 short answer, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
Directions: Circle the correct answer.
1. With what political party was Abraham Lincoln associated in Illinois?
a) The Whigs.
b) The Federalists.
c) The Democratic-Republicans.
d) The Progressive Party.
2. What position did John C. Calhoun hold in James Monroe's cabinet?
a) Attorney General.
b) Secretary of State.
d) Secretary of War.
3. According to Hofstadter, what main problem did free slaves face?
c) Voting rights.
4. How did Andrew Jackson acquire massive debts?
a) Through wasteful living.
b) Through land speculation.
c) By funding unsucessful military campaigns.
d) By gambling.
5. According to John C. Calhoun, what created equality among white Americans?
This section contains 1,229 words|
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)