|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the recolonization society want Abraham Lincoln to do?
(a) Present their program to Congress as an Act.
(b) Relocate slaves to Mexico.
(c) Relocate slaves to Africa.
(d) Free the children of current slaves.
2. What philosophy did John C. Calhoun have about African-Americans?
(a) They were naturally wild and dangerous.
(b) They were capable of great deception.
(c) They were naturally inferior to Anglo-Saxons.
(d) They wanted someone to take care of them.
3. What concern did Abraham Lincoln have about secession?
(a) The loss to the economy.
(b) The division of families.
(c) Its morality.
(d) Its legality.
4. How does Hofstadter describe Andrew Jackson's economic policies?
(d) Corporate capitalism.
5. With what movement is William Lloyd Garrison associated?
(a) The democratic movement.
(b) The socialist movement.
(c) The abolitionist movement.
(d) The progressive movement.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which movement advocated a philosophy of natural rights and human equality?
2. Which institution was responsible for loaning large sums of money in the 1820s?
3. With what class was Andrew Jackson associated?
4. What did the Emancipation Proclamation not prohibit?
5. How did the Founders separate power at the Federal level?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the Founders plan to meet the needs of differing classes and interests?
2. Describe Abraham Lincoln.
3. What other form of oppression did Wendell Phillips seek to undermine besides slavery?
4. Why did Wendell Phillips advocate secession from the South?
5. Why were the Founders attempting to break off their association with Great Britain?
6. What opinion did the Founders have of democracy in general?
7. Whom did Thomas Jefferson believe should have the most say in the government?
8. Why did Wendell Phillips criticize capitalism?
9. How did Thomas Jefferson's foreign policies affect his career?
10. How did Andrew Jackson support the growth of capitalism in the United States?
This section contains 1,129 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)