|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Thomas Jefferson secure freedom of religion in his home state?
(a) By disestablishing the Anglican Church.
(b) Through reform legislature.
(c) By organizing non-violent protests.
(d) By implementing the Freedom of Religion Act.
2. With what political party was Thomas Jefferson associated?
(a) The Democratic-Republicans.
(b) The Whigs.
(c) The Progressive Party.
(d) The Federalists.
3. Who are the Founding Fathers?
(a) The original 13 represenatives for the United States.
(b) A group of ministers.
(c) The original members of the Plymouth colony.
(d) A group of men who created the Constitution.
4. To which political leader does Hofstadter compare John C. Calhoun?
(a) Karl Marx.
(b) Thomas Jefferson.
(c) John Adams.
(d) Edmund Burke.
5. How did Andrew Jackson ensure that his policies would continue to be supported after he left office?
(a) By issuing long-term legislation.
(b) By appointing five Supreme Court justices.
(c) He had the heart of the American people.
(d) He placed key men in his sucessor's cabinet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Wendell Phillips's main goal?
2. What did the Founders believe about man?
3. How did Wendell Phillips view the culture of the North?
4. Where did the recolonization society want to send African-Americans?
5. What lifestyle did Thomas Jefferson abhor?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Andrew Jackson support the growth of capitalism in the United States?
2. How did the American aristocracy establish their social hierarchy in the 18th and 19th centuries?
3. Why did the Populists see the Bank of America as an undemocratic institution?
4. Why didn't the Founders want to establish a monarchy?
5. How did Abraham Lincoln initiate war without ordering the Union Army to attack?
6. What interests did Thomas Jefferson's political party seek to protect?
7. Why did Thomas Jefferson like Locke's political theory?
8. What is an agrarian lifestyle?
9. What was abolitionism?
10. Whom did Thomas Jefferson believe should have the most say in the government?
This section contains 1,065 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)