|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the Founders plan for legislature to be processed?
(a) Through fair representation.
(b) By experienced men.
(c) Through elected officials.
(d) Through democratic inputs.
2. From which ancient philosophers did the Founders draw ideas?
(a) Plato and Socrates.
(b) Epicurus and Plato.
(c) Aristotle and Cicero.
(d) Diogenes and Socrates.
3. What did the Emancipation Proclamation not prohibit?
(a) Slavery outside the South.
(b) Slavery in the South.
(c) Owners from reclaiming their slaves from the North.
(d) New slaves from being brought into America.
4. What lifestyle did Thomas Jefferson abhor?
5. According to Hofstadter, how is Andrew Jackson often depicted?
(a) As one of the most influential men in history.
(b) As an arrogant aristocrat.
(c) As an opponent of aristocratic privilege.
(d) As an aggressive proponent for military conquest.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Thomas Jefferson believe most of the government's power should lie?
2. How did Andrew Jackson view America's social order?
3. What did the Southwesterners want Andrew Jackson to do?
4. How does Hofstadter describe Thomas Jefferson's foreign policy?
5. With what movement is Wendell Phillips associated?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Hofstadter, what was Abraham Lincoln's philosophy on slavery?
2. What concerns did white laborers have over slavery?
3. What was John C. Calhoun's philosophy on slavery?
4. Why were the Founders attempting to break off their association with Great Britain?
5. How did Andrew Jackson ensure that his policies would be enforced long after he left office?
6. What interests did Thomas Jefferson's political party seek to protect?
7. Why did Wendell Phillips criticize capitalism?
8. How did Andrew Jackson destroy the Bank of America?
9. What opinion did the Founders have about human nature?
10. How did the Bank of America contribute to Andrew Jackson's rise to power?
This section contains 975 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)