|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the industrial lifestyles in Britain and France produce?
(a) A climate of social change and development.
(b) An equal distribution of wealth among the workers.
(c) A climate of social dissoultion.
(d) Massive amounts of wealth for a few people.
2. How did the Founders separate power at the Federal level?
(a) Between the members of the Presidential Cabinet.
(b) Between the Pentagon, the Congress, and the President.
(c) Between Congress and the President.
(d) Between presidents, legislators, and judges.
3. What philosophy did John C. Calhoun have about African-Americans?
(a) They were capable of great deception.
(b) They were naturally wild and dangerous.
(c) They wanted someone to take care of them.
(d) They were naturally inferior to Anglo-Saxons.
4. Which group of Americans did Thomas Jefferson believe should have the most voting power?
(a) Industry owners.
(c) Farmers and land owners.
5. From which ancient philosophers did the Founders draw ideas?
(a) Plato and Socrates.
(b) Epicurus and Plato.
(c) Aristotle and Cicero.
(d) Diogenes and Socrates.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the Founding Fathers?
2. Which economic system did Wendell Phillips oppose?
3. What type of lifestyle did Thomas Jefferson promote?
4. What concern did Abraham Lincoln have about secession?
5. How did Wendell Phillips view the culture of the North?
Short Essay Questions
1. What social reforms did Thomas Jefferson make in Virginia?
2. Describe Wendell Phillips.
3. Whom did Thomas Jefferson believe should have the most say in the government?
4. How did Andrew Jackson destroy the Bank of America?
5. According to Hofstadter, what was Abraham Lincoln's philosophy on slavery?
6. How did Abraham Lincoln rise to power?
7. How did Thomas Jefferson's foreign policies affect his career?
8. Why did Wendell Phillips advocate secession from the South?
9. How did the American aristocracy establish their social hierarchy in the 18th and 19th centuries?
10. Why did Thomas Jefferson like Locke's political theory?
This section contains 1,025 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)