|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of politician was Thomas Jefferson?
2. Which political theory is John C. Calhoun attributed with developing?
(a) American Socialist.
(b) Corporate capitalist.
3. With what class were most of the Founders associated?
(a) The middle class.
(b) The aristocracy.
(d) The working class.
4. According to Hofstadter, what main problem did free slaves face?
(d) Voting rights.
5. According to Hofstadter, how is Andrew Jackson often depicted?
(a) As one of the most influential men in history.
(b) As an arrogant aristocrat.
(c) As an aggressive proponent for military conquest.
(d) As an opponent of aristocratic privilege.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what movement is Wendell Phillips associated?
2. What did the recolonization society want Abraham Lincoln to do?
3. What did the Southwesterners want Andrew Jackson to do?
4. Which institution created by Alexander Hamilton did Thomas Jefferson allow to expire?
5. How did the Founders separate power at the Federal level?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Thomas Jefferson's foreign policies affect his career?
2. Why did Wendell Phillips criticize capitalism?
3. Why does Hofstadter compare John C. Calhoun to Karl Marx?
4. Why didn't the Founders want to establish a monarchy?
5. What interests did Thomas Jefferson's political party seek to protect?
6. Describe Abraham Lincoln.
7. What was abolitionism?
8. Why does Hofstadter consider Wendell Phillips the most effective abolitionist?
9. Why did Thomas Jefferson like Locke's political theory?
10. How did Abraham Lincoln rise to power?
This section contains 1,072 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)