|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With which political party was William Jennings Bryan associated?
(a) The Democratic Party.
(b) The Libertarian Party.
(c) The Progressive Party.
(d) The Republican Party.
2. What criticism did Franklin Roosevelt have of Herbert Hoover while campaigning for president?
(a) Hoover spent too much.
(b) Hoover's foreign policies would start another war.
(c) Hoover drank too much.
(d) Hoover did not truly care for American citizens.
3. Which position did William Jennings Bryan serve in Woodrow Wilson's cabinet?
(a) Secretary of War.
(b) Secretary of State.
(d) Attorney General.
4. Which movement did not approve of Grover Cleveland's policies?
(a) The populist movement.
(b) The socialist movement.
(c) The democratic movement.
(d) The abolitionist movement.
5. With what social class was Franklin Roosevelt associated?
(a) The middle class.
(b) The wealthy New York elite.
(c) The common laborer.
(d) The working class.
6. Why did Theodore Roosevelt oppose the League of Nations?
(a) He felt it was an economic sinkhole.
(b) He felt war was a necessity.
(c) He did not want to listen to foreign leadership.
(d) He trusted no one outside of his Cabinet.
7. Who was responsible for organizing the League of Nations after World War I?
(a) Winston Churchill.
(b) David Lloyd George.
(c) Woodrow Wilson.
(d) Theodore Roosevelt.
8. What studies did Franklin Roosevelt pursue?
(a) Law and politics.
(b) Literature and writing.
(c) Science and medicine.
9. What did the supporters of the free silver movement wish for the government to do?
(a) Repeal federal taxes.
(b) Establish a standard monetary system.
(c) Allow all Americans access to minted currency.
(d) Mint silver for free.
10. Which country did Franklin Roosevelt assist at the beginning of World War II?
(a) Great Britain.
11. Which scientific theory became popular during the Gilded Age?
(a) Darwin's Theory of Evolution.
(b) The Big Bang Theory.
(c) Einstein's Theory of Relativity.
(d) The Theory of Quantum Mechanics.
12. Who was elected president of the United States in 1912?
(a) William Howard Taft.
(b) Theodore Roosevelt.
(c) Henry Cabot Lodge.
(d) Woodrow Wilson.
13. What disease paralyzed Franklin Roosevelt from the waist down?
(d) Multiple sclerosis.
14. How did Franklin Roosevelt's economic policy change in 1938?
(a) He focused more on preserving viable industries.
(b) The government siezed key industries for security.
(c) Subsidies were offered to the unemployed.
(d) He began to expand spending and attack monopolies.
15. What position did Herbert Hoover hold in both Presidents Warren Harding and Calvin Coolidge's cabinets?
(a) Secretary of State.
(b) Secretary of War.
(c) Secretary of Commerce.
(d) Attorney General.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the reason supporters of the free silver movement wanted to change the monetary policy of the United States?
2. With which political group did Theodore Roosevelt associate?
3. Who won the presidential election in 1916?
4. What role did Theodore Roosevelt wish for the United States to take on in the world?
5. How does Hofstadter describe Herbert Hoover's economic policies?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)