Short Answer Key
Chapter 1, The Founding Fathers: An Age of Realism
1. Who are the Founding Fathers?
A group of men who created the Constitution.
2. What did the Founders believe about man?
That he is evil and selfish.
3. What was the Constitution based upon?
Experience and observation.
4. What class of people are usually attracted to democracy?
The middle class.
5. With what class were most of the Founders associated?
6. Why were the Founders hesitant to establish a new monarchy?
A monarch rules in his own interests.
7. From which ancient philosophers did the Founders draw ideas?
Aristotle and Cicero.
8. How did the Founders design ruling institutions?
To fit man's natural inclinations.
9. According to the Founders, what could use private vices to produce public benefits?
10. How did the Founders separate power at the Federal level?
Between presidents, legislators, and judges....
This section contains 2,424 words|
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)