|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, Woodrow Wilson: The Conservative as Liberal.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Hofstadter describe John C. Calhoun's economic philosophies?
(d) Corporate capitalism.
2. Who was responsible for organizing the League of Nations after World War I?
(a) Woodrow Wilson.
(b) David Lloyd George.
(c) Theodore Roosevelt.
(d) Winston Churchill.
3. What type of lifestyle did Thomas Jefferson promote?
4. Which scientific theory became popular during the Gilded Age?
(a) Einstein's Theory of Relativity.
(b) Darwin's Theory of Evolution.
(c) The Theory of Quantum Mechanics.
(d) The Big Bang Theory.
5. What economic changes occurred during the Gilded Age?
(a) There was great economic growth.
(b) There was a steady economic decline.
(c) Socialist economic principles were adopted.
(d) There was a sudden economic crash in 1865.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Andrew Jackson acquire massive debts?
2. Who won the presidential election in 1824?
3. Which country did Woodrow Wilson support at the onset of World War I?
4. How many Southern states had seceded before Abraham Lincoln took office?
5. Where did the recolonization society want to send African-Americans?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)