|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, Woodrow Wilson: The Conservative as Liberal.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What problem did deflation cause during the Gilded Age?
(a) The price of goods rose as wages remained constant.
(b) Industrial expansion came to a standstill.
(c) Investors saw poor returns on their investments.
(d) Indebted farmers saw their debts increase.
2. Which country did Woodrow Wilson support at the onset of World War I?
(c) Great Britain.
3. Why did Theodore Roosevelt enter politics?
(a) To improve his family's social status.
(b) To expand the territory of the United States.
(c) To restore virtue to political office.
(d) To gain money and fame.
4. What role did Theodore Roosevelt wish for the United States to take on in the world?
(c) Economic stimulator.
5. How did the business barons of the Gilded Age justify their wealth?
(a) They had not broken any laws.
(b) They had earned it.
(c) There had always been wealthy men in society.
(d) Wealth is a natural product of a healthy society.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Theodore Roosevelt oppose the League of Nations?
2. What form of rivalry did the Founders wish to allow in their new country?
3. Who won the presidential election in 1916?
4. What reputation did Theodore Roosevelt acquire among big businesses?
5. What concern did Abraham Lincoln have about secession?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)