|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, Woodrow Wilson: The Conservative as Liberal.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Wendell Phillips view the Civil War?
(a) With disdain.
(b) As the last hope to end slavery in the United States.
(c) As a struggle between a bourgeois and a feudal civilization.
(d) As an evil necessity.
2. What position did John C. Calhoun hold in James Monroe's cabinet?
(a) Secretary of War.
(b) Attorney General.
(d) Secretary of State.
3. Why does Hofstadter consider Thomas Jefferson to be an important figure in American history?
(a) His philosophies shaped many foundational American ideals.
(b) His economic theories were far beyond his time.
(c) His leadership united the Congressional Congress.
(d) He was the first aristocrat to fight for the rights of commoners.
4. Which groups of people did the Southwesterners wish to give voting rights?
(a) Non-property owners.
(b) Non-white males.
(c) Property owners.
(d) All soldiers.
5. How did the Founders plan for legislature to be processed?
(a) By experienced men.
(b) Through elected officials.
(c) Through democratic inputs.
(d) Through fair representation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What problem did deflation cause during the Gilded Age?
2. How did Andrew Jackson acquire massive debts?
3. At what age did Abraham Lincoln become Speaker of the House in Illinois?
4. What was the Emancipation Proclamation?
5. Why did Theodore Roosevelt oppose the League of Nations?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)