|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, Woodrow Wilson: The Conservative as Liberal.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On the American frontier, how was social hierarchy gained?
(a) Through invention and industry.
(b) Through military and financial success.
(c) Through political power.
(d) Through family connections and marriage.
2. With what movement is William Lloyd Garrison associated?
(a) The democratic movement.
(b) The socialist movement.
(c) The abolitionist movement.
(d) The progressive movement.
3. According to the Founders, what could use private vices to produce public benefits?
(a) Economic markets.
(b) Political platforms.
(c) Political parties.
(d) The judicial system.
4. What philosophy did John C. Calhoun have about African-Americans?
(a) They were capable of great deception.
(b) They wanted someone to take care of them.
(c) They were naturally inferior to Anglo-Saxons.
(d) They were naturally wild and dangerous.
5. With what famous military victory is Andrew Jackson associated?
(a) The Battle of Waterloo.
(b) The Battle of Copenhagen.
(c) The Battle of New Orleans.
(d) The Alamo.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the Constitution based upon?
2. What concern did William Jennings Bryan voice over Woodrow Wilson's support of Great Britain?
3. What lifestyle did Thomas Jefferson abhor?
4. What form of rivalry did the Founders wish to allow in their new country?
5. According to John C. Calhoun, what created equality among white Americans?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)