|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Wendell Phillips: the Patrician as Agitator.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the Founders feel about democracy?
(a) It was a limited method of protecting liberty.
(b) It would eventually dissolve into an oligarchy.
(c) It was effective as long as the people believed in the nation.
(d) It was the perfect method of protecting liberty.
2. What type of lifestyle did Thomas Jefferson promote?
3. What was the Emancipation Proclamation?
(a) An amendment to the U.S. Constitution.
(b) The document that outlawed slavery in the Confederate States.
(c) The document that freed all slaves in the United States.
(d) A speech about the state of the Union economy.
4. With whose political theory did Thomas Jefferson agree?
(a) John Locke.
(b) Edmund Burke.
(c) Joseph Priestley.
(d) Thomas Paine.
5. How many Southern states had seceded before Abraham Lincoln took office?
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of balance were the Founders attempting to create?
2. What did the Founders design the Constitution to protect?
3. Why does Hofstadter consider Thomas Jefferson to be an important figure in American history?
4. How does Hofstadter describe Thomas Jefferson's foreign policy?
5. Which economic system did Wendell Phillips oppose?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)