|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Wendell Phillips: the Patrician as Agitator.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What concern did Northern laborers have about slavery?
(a) They feared the rise of white slavery.
(b) An increase in slave states would drive the price of goods up.
(c) They could not compete with free labor.
(d) Slavery was morally wrong.
2. How did the Founders separate power at the Federal level?
(a) Between Congress and the President.
(b) Between presidents, legislators, and judges.
(c) Between the members of the Presidential Cabinet.
(d) Between the Pentagon, the Congress, and the President.
3. With what class was Andrew Jackson associated?
(a) The laborers.
(b) The working class.
(c) The aristocracy.
(d) The middle class.
4. Why did Wendell Phillips become estranged from William Lloyd Garrison?
(a) Garrison was too radical for Phillips.
(b) Phillips sued Garrison for slander.
(c) Garrison slandered Phillips in a New York newspaper.
(d) Phillips and Garrison argued over political philosophies.
5. How long did Abraham Lincoln initially plan for the war to last?
(a) Three months.
(b) Between twelve and eighteen months.
(c) One year.
(d) Six months.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was John C. Calhoun forced to resign from Andrew Jackson's cabinet?
2. How did John C. Calhoun believe the North was attempting to gain political control over new states?
3. What concern did Abraham Lincoln have about secession?
4. What were Thomas Jefferson's interests?
5. Where did Thomas Jefferson believe most of the government's power should lie?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)