|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Wendell Phillips: the Patrician as Agitator.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the Founders plan for legislature to be processed?
(a) Through fair representation.
(b) Through democratic inputs.
(c) Through elected officials.
(d) By experienced men.
2. Which economic system did Wendell Phillips oppose?
3. What philosophy did John C. Calhoun have about African-Americans?
(a) They were capable of great deception.
(b) They were naturally inferior to Anglo-Saxons.
(c) They wanted someone to take care of them.
(d) They were naturally wild and dangerous.
4. According to the Founders, what could use private vices to produce public benefits?
(a) The judicial system.
(b) Political parties.
(c) Political platforms.
(d) Economic markets.
5. With what famous military victory is Andrew Jackson associated?
(a) The Battle of Copenhagen.
(b) The Battle of Waterloo.
(c) The Battle of New Orleans.
(d) The Alamo.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which institution was responsible for loaning large sums of money in the 1820s?
2. How does Hofstadter describe Andrew Jackson's economic policies?
3. What type of lifestyle did Thomas Jefferson promote?
4. Why did Wendell Phillips advocate secession from the South?
5. With whose political theory did Thomas Jefferson agree?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)