|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Abraham Lincoln and the Self-Made Myth.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what class was Andrew Jackson associated?
(a) The working class.
(b) The laborers.
(c) The middle class.
(d) The aristocracy.
2. With what political party was Thomas Jefferson associated?
(a) The Democratic-Republicans.
(b) The Progressive Party.
(c) The Whigs.
(d) The Federalists.
3. Who won the presidential election in 1828?
(a) Andrew Jackson.
(b) John Quincy Adams.
(c) William Crawford.
(d) Henry Clay.
4. What lifestyle did Thomas Jefferson abhor?
5. What did the Emancipation Proclamation not prohibit?
(a) New slaves from being brought into America.
(b) Slavery in the South.
(c) Slavery outside the South.
(d) Owners from reclaiming their slaves from the North.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the Emancipation Proclamation?
2. According to the Founders, what could use private vices to produce public benefits?
3. What did the industrial lifestyles in Britain and France produce?
4. How did the Founders feel about democracy?
5. How did Thomas Jefferson secure freedom of religion in his home state?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)