|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Andrew Jackson and the Rise of Liberal Capitalism.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the Founders, what could use private vices to produce public benefits?
(a) Political platforms.
(b) The judicial system.
(c) Political parties.
(d) Economic markets.
2. How did Andrew Jackson acquire massive debts?
(a) Through wasteful living.
(b) By gambling.
(c) Through land speculation.
(d) By funding unsucessful military campaigns.
3. Who won the presidential election in 1828?
(a) William Crawford.
(b) John Quincy Adams.
(c) Andrew Jackson.
(d) Henry Clay.
4. On the American frontier, how was social hierarchy gained?
(a) Through political power.
(b) Through family connections and marriage.
(c) Through invention and industry.
(d) Through military and financial success.
5. What changes did Thomas Jefferson make in Virginia?
(a) Modest social reforms.
(b) Radical economic reforms.
(c) The Virginia legislature was divided into two branches.
(d) He paved the way for emancipation in Virginia.
Short Answer Questions
1. As president, which institution did Andrew Jackson allow to expire?
2. With what class was Andrew Jackson associated?
3. What was the Constitution based upon?
4. Which institution created by Alexander Hamilton did Thomas Jefferson allow to expire?
5. Who are the Founding Fathers?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)