|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Andrew Jackson and the Rise of Liberal Capitalism.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what class was Andrew Jackson associated?
(a) The aristocracy.
(b) The laborers.
(c) The working class.
(d) The middle class.
2. What did the Founders believe about man?
(a) That he will succeed only when free.
(b) That he must be led to make moral and correct decisions.
(c) That he is evil and selfish.
(d) That he is inherently good.
3. On the American frontier, how was social hierarchy gained?
(a) Through invention and industry.
(b) Through family connections and marriage.
(c) Through political power.
(d) Through military and financial success.
4. Where did Thomas Jefferson believe most of the government's power should lie?
(a) With the people.
(b) With merchants.
(c) With industry owners.
(d) With the elected leaders.
5. What type of balance were the Founders attempting to create?
(a) A document that supported both the people and their leaders.
(b) A nation that could run itself without dissolving into chaos.
(c) A government between monarchy and democracy.
(d) A peaceful, yet structured state.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which institution created by Alexander Hamilton did Thomas Jefferson allow to expire?
2. Why were the Founders willing to let selfish men follow their own interests?
3. What changes did Thomas Jefferson make in Virginia?
4. What office did Thomas Jefferson hold in Virginia?
5. Which politicians from Chapter 3 supported a National Bank?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)