|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Andrew Jackson and the Rise of Liberal Capitalism.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Thomas Jefferson believe most of the government's power should lie?
(a) With the elected leaders.
(b) With merchants.
(c) With the people.
(d) With industry owners.
2. What did the Southwesterners want Andrew Jackson to do?
(a) Run for president of the United States.
(b) Take Texas for the United States.
(c) Create a private banking system.
(d) Oppose the bank and force states to provide debt relief.
3. How did Andrew Jackson acquire massive debts?
(a) By funding unsucessful military campaigns.
(b) Through wasteful living.
(c) Through land speculation.
(d) By gambling.
4. With what class were most of the Founders associated?
(a) The working class.
(c) The aristocracy.
(d) The middle class.
5. How did the Founders separate power at the Federal level?
(a) Between Congress and the President.
(b) Between the members of the Presidential Cabinet.
(c) Between the Pentagon, the Congress, and the President.
(d) Between presidents, legislators, and judges.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the Founding Fathers?
2. Who won the presidential election in 1824?
3. What did the Founders design the Constitution to protect?
4. How does Hofstadter describe Thomas Jefferson's foreign policy?
5. Which institution was responsible for loaning large sums of money in the 1820s?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)