|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Andrew Jackson and the Rise of Liberal Capitalism.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Thomas Jefferson believe most of the government's power should lie?
(a) With the people.
(b) With industry owners.
(c) With merchants.
(d) With the elected leaders.
2. Who are the Founding Fathers?
(a) A group of ministers.
(b) The original 13 represenatives for the United States.
(c) A group of men who created the Constitution.
(d) The original members of the Plymouth colony.
3. Who won the presidential election in 1824?
(a) William Crawford.
(b) Andrew Jackson.
(c) Henry Clay.
(d) John Quincy Adams.
4. How does Hofstadter describe Thomas Jefferson's foreign policy?
(d) High Representative.
5. How does Hofstadter describe Andrew Jackson's economic policies?
(a) Corporate capitalism.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Andrew Jackson acquire massive debts?
2. Why does Hofstadter consider Thomas Jefferson to be an important figure in American history?
3. Who won the presidential election in 1832?
4. Which institution created by Alexander Hamilton did Thomas Jefferson allow to expire?
5. What were Thomas Jefferson's interests?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)