|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Andrew Jackson and the Rise of Liberal Capitalism.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of politician was Thomas Jefferson?
2. Why were the Founders hesitant to establish a new monarchy?
(a) There was no royal bloodline from which to choose a King.
(b) One man could not run a country effectively.
(c) Too many different philosophies existed to choose one man.
(d) A monarch rules in his own interests.
3. With what class were most of the Founders associated?
(a) The middle class.
(b) The aristocracy.
(c) The working class.
4. With what political party was Alexander Hamilton associated?
(a) The Democratic-Republicans.
(b) The Federalists.
(c) The Whigs.
(d) The Progressive Party.
5. How did Thomas Jefferson secure freedom of religion in his home state?
(a) By disestablishing the Anglican Church.
(b) By organizing non-violent protests.
(c) Through reform legislature.
(d) By implementing the Freedom of Religion Act.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which politicians from Chapter 3 supported a National Bank?
2. What office did Thomas Jefferson hold in Virginia?
3. What class of people are usually attracted to democracy?
4. Where did Thomas Jefferson believe most of the government's power should lie?
5. With what political party was Thomas Jefferson associated?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)