|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Thomas Jefferson: the Aristocrat as Democrat.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of balance were the Founders attempting to create?
(a) A peaceful, yet structured state.
(b) A nation that could run itself without dissolving into chaos.
(c) A document that supported both the people and their leaders.
(d) A government between monarchy and democracy.
2. What type of lifestyle did Thomas Jefferson promote?
3. With what political party was Alexander Hamilton associated?
(a) The Democratic-Republicans.
(b) The Whigs.
(c) The Federalists.
(d) The Progressive Party.
4. How did the Founders separate power at the Federal level?
(a) Between the members of the Presidential Cabinet.
(b) Between Congress and the President.
(c) Between presidents, legislators, and judges.
(d) Between the Pentagon, the Congress, and the President.
5. Which group of Americans did Thomas Jefferson believe should have the most voting power?
(a) Farmers and land owners.
(c) Industry owners.
Short Answer Questions
1. What class of people are usually attracted to democracy?
2. What did the Founders believe about man?
3. What lifestyle did Thomas Jefferson abhor?
4. What were Thomas Jefferson's interests?
5. What did the industrial lifestyles in Britain and France produce?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)