|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Thomas Jefferson: the Aristocrat as Democrat.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of balance were the Founders attempting to create?
(a) A document that supported both the people and their leaders.
(b) A nation that could run itself without dissolving into chaos.
(c) A government between monarchy and democracy.
(d) A peaceful, yet structured state.
2. Why were the Founders hesitant to establish a new monarchy?
(a) A monarch rules in his own interests.
(b) There was no royal bloodline from which to choose a King.
(c) Too many different philosophies existed to choose one man.
(d) One man could not run a country effectively.
3. How does Hofstadter describe Thomas Jefferson's foreign policy?
(a) High Representative.
4. How did the Founders feel about democracy?
(a) It was effective as long as the people believed in the nation.
(b) It was a limited method of protecting liberty.
(c) It would eventually dissolve into an oligarchy.
(d) It was the perfect method of protecting liberty.
5. With what political party was Alexander Hamilton associated?
(a) The Federalists.
(b) The Whigs.
(c) The Progressive Party.
(d) The Democratic-Republicans.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whose political theory did Thomas Jefferson agree?
2. What form of rivalry did the Founders wish to allow in their new country?
3. With what political party was Thomas Jefferson associated?
4. What type of lifestyle did Thomas Jefferson promote?
5. According to the Founders, power should be divided vertically between which two groups?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)