|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Thomas Jefferson: the Aristocrat as Democrat.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the industrial lifestyles in Britain and France produce?
(a) An equal distribution of wealth among the workers.
(b) A climate of social dissoultion.
(c) A climate of social change and development.
(d) Massive amounts of wealth for a few people.
2. Where did Thomas Jefferson believe most of the government's power should lie?
(a) With the elected leaders.
(b) With the people.
(c) With merchants.
(d) With industry owners.
3. How did the Founders plan for legislature to be processed?
(a) By experienced men.
(b) Through fair representation.
(c) Through democratic inputs.
(d) Through elected officials.
4. Which institution created by Alexander Hamilton did Thomas Jefferson allow to expire?
(a) The Bank of North America.
(b) The First Bank of the United States.
(c) The Congressional Congress.
(d) The Court of North America.
5. What type of lifestyle did Thomas Jefferson promote?
Short Answer Questions
1. What form of rivalry did the Founders wish to allow in their new country?
2. What did the Founders believe about man?
3. What type of balance were the Founders attempting to create?
4. From which ancient philosophers did the Founders draw ideas?
5. Why were the Founders hesitant to establish a new monarchy?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)