|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Thomas Jefferson: the Aristocrat as Democrat.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What changes did Thomas Jefferson make in Virginia?
(a) He paved the way for emancipation in Virginia.
(b) Modest social reforms.
(c) Radical economic reforms.
(d) The Virginia legislature was divided into two branches.
2. From which ancient philosophers did the Founders draw ideas?
(a) Aristotle and Cicero.
(b) Diogenes and Socrates.
(c) Epicurus and Plato.
(d) Plato and Socrates.
3. Which group of Americans did Thomas Jefferson believe should have the most voting power?
(a) Farmers and land owners.
(c) Industry owners.
4. What type of politician was Thomas Jefferson?
5. With what class were most of the Founders associated?
(a) The working class.
(c) The middle class.
(d) The aristocracy.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the Founders, what could use private vices to produce public benefits?
2. Where did Thomas Jefferson believe most of the government's power should lie?
3. What form of rivalry did the Founders wish to allow in their new country?
4. With what political party was Alexander Hamilton associated?
5. What did the industrial lifestyles in Britain and France produce?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)