|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Thomas Jefferson: the Aristocrat as Democrat.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the Founders design the Constitution to protect?
(a) Freedom from interference.
(b) The government from the people.
(c) The nation from outside forces.
(d) The laws of the nation.
2. Which group of Americans did Thomas Jefferson believe should have the most voting power?
(a) Farmers and land owners.
(c) Industry owners.
3. What did the industrial lifestyles in Britain and France produce?
(a) A climate of social dissoultion.
(b) A climate of social change and development.
(c) An equal distribution of wealth among the workers.
(d) Massive amounts of wealth for a few people.
4. With what class were most of the Founders associated?
(a) The working class.
(b) The middle class.
(d) The aristocracy.
5. With whose political theory did Thomas Jefferson agree?
(a) Thomas Paine.
(b) Joseph Priestley.
(c) John Locke.
(d) Edmund Burke.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the Founders feel about democracy?
2. Why were the Founders hesitant to establish a new monarchy?
3. What office did Thomas Jefferson hold in Virginia?
4. What did the Founders believe about man?
5. How did the Founders plan for legislature to be processed?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)