|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Thomas Jefferson: the Aristocrat as Democrat.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Thomas Jefferson believe most of the government's power should lie?
(a) With the people.
(b) With the elected leaders.
(c) With merchants.
(d) With industry owners.
2. What did the Founders believe about man?
(a) That he is inherently good.
(b) That he must be led to make moral and correct decisions.
(c) That he is evil and selfish.
(d) That he will succeed only when free.
3. According to the Founders, what could use private vices to produce public benefits?
(a) The judicial system.
(b) Economic markets.
(c) Political parties.
(d) Political platforms.
4. Why were the Founders willing to let selfish men follow their own interests?
(a) They did not want to control behavior with the government.
(b) They understood the nature of man.
(c) They did not want to control the law.
(d) They thought man was inherently good.
5. What office did Thomas Jefferson hold in Virginia?
(a) Secretary of State.
(c) Secretary of Commerce.
(d) Secretary of the Treasury.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the Founders, power should be divided vertically between which two groups?
2. What type of balance were the Founders attempting to create?
3. How did the Founders separate power at the Federal level?
4. What were Thomas Jefferson's interests?
5. According to the Founders, which group of people should have the most say in the government?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)