|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, The Spoilsmen: An Age of Cynicism.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of lifestyle did Thomas Jefferson promote?
2. What did John C. Calhoun wish to preserve?
(b) The South.
(c) The Union.
(d) His wealth.
3. Why did Wendell Phillips become estranged from William Lloyd Garrison?
(a) Phillips and Garrison argued over political philosophies.
(b) Garrison was too radical for Phillips.
(c) Phillips sued Garrison for slander.
(d) Garrison slandered Phillips in a New York newspaper.
4. How did Andrew Jackson view America's social order?
(a) As a blank page, ready to be illustrated.
(b) As competitive and egalitarian.
(c) Stiffled by government regulation.
(d) As chaotic and untamed.
5. To which political leader does Hofstadter compare John C. Calhoun?
(a) John Adams.
(b) Edmund Burke.
(c) Karl Marx.
(d) Thomas Jefferson.
Short Answer Questions
1. As president, which institution did Andrew Jackson allow to expire?
2. Who won the presidential election in 1828?
3. How did Andrew Jackson acquire massive debts?
4. How did Thomas Jefferson secure freedom of religion in his home state?
5. What did the Southwesterners want Andrew Jackson to do?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)