|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, Theodore Roosevelt: The Conservative as Progressive.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Andrew Jackson want to close down the bank or force inflation?
(a) To create a new bank with his own investors.
(b) To allow for the privatization of banking.
(c) To reduce the debt burden on land speculators.
(d) To change the method of loan assumption.
2. Which politicians from Chapter 3 supported a National Bank?
(a) Andrew Jackson and William Crawford.
(b) Andrew Jackson and Henry Clay.
(c) John Quincy Adams and Henry Clay.
(d) John Quincy Adams and William Crawford.
3. Why did most members of the abolitionist movement have difficulty convincing people to support the end of slavery?
(a) People were afraid to challenge the status quo.
(b) Slavery had existed since the beginning of the country.
(c) They appeared angry and aggressive.
(d) They had no specific plan for ending slavery.
4. According to Hofstadter, how is Andrew Jackson often depicted?
(a) As one of the most influential men in history.
(b) As an opponent of aristocratic privilege.
(c) As an aggressive proponent for military conquest.
(d) As an arrogant aristocrat.
5. Which economic system did Wendell Phillips oppose?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Wendell Phillips view the culture of the South?
2. Who succeeded Theodore Roosevelt as president?
3. Which movement advocated a philosophy of natural rights and human equality?
4. As president, which institution did Andrew Jackson allow to expire?
5. How did Andrew Jackson view America's social order?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)