|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tacitus believed the earth was what shape?
(b) A disc shape.
2. How were ancient German records kept?
(a) In picture form.
(b) In storytelling.
(c) In songs.
(d) Through priests.
3. What held back efficiency in a German assembly of chiefs?
(a) Lack of punctuality.
(b) Lack of leadership.
4. A toga for a Roman youth was equivalent to what for a German youth?
(a) A horse and spear.
(b) A chainmail.
(c) An axe and helmet.
(d) A shield and spear.
5. How could a German chief show prestige and power?
(a) In his number of kills.
(b) By the beauty of his horse.
(c) By his retinue.
(d) By his possession of gold.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Chatti showed steady courage in warfare through what?
2. Who got to voice their opinions in major affairs in German tribes?
3. What did Tacitus claim was the purpose of "baritus"?
4. What weakness did Germans have that according to Tacitus made them easily defeated?
5. What historic figure was known to visit Germany and found the city Asciburgium?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)