|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why would the Cotini be more ashamed than other tribes because they worked in the iron mines of Germany?
(a) It was disgraceful against the German kings to mine the iron for anyone else.
(b) They could have used the iron to make weapons instead of tribute to the Romans.
(c) Iron mines were considered base because of its disturbance to the outdoor altars.
(d) The iron mines were considered as low of a job as a slave.
2. Who got to voice their opinions in major affairs in German tribes?
(a) Chiefs only.
(b) The women.
(c) The generals.
(d) The whole community.
3. Of all the German tribes, which held the greatest in number?
4. What was so unique about the German tribe Chauci?
(a) They were pacifists.
(b) They sung during battle.
(c) They wore their hair long.
(d) They dwelled in peace as well as in war.
5. How did the German tribe Ubii show pride in being a Roman colony?
(a) They took on new Roman names.
(b) They kept out intruders at the Rhine.
(c) They wore togas.
(d) They voluntarily gave agricultural gifts at harvest.
Short Answer Questions
1. German strength in fighting was best seen in their __________.
2. What were the Germans' choice of arms?
3. Without proper weapons, shelter, or horses, Tacitus described the Fenni as __________.
4. How did Tacitus distinguish some tribes as German and not Sarmations?
5. How were the Germans' squadrons grouped?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)