|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tacitus criticized the Sitones more than other German tribes because of what cultural difference?
(a) They were polygamous.
(b) The women were the ruling sex.
(c) The women were allowed to fight next to the men.
(d) Men were in war so the women trained the boys at home for war.
2. How do present historians know about British kings of the past?
(a) Ancient forts are always named after a king.
(b) From folklore songs.
(c) From legends in storytelling.
(d) From native coins.
3. The German peoples can be described as __________.
4. How did Tacitus distinguish some tribes as German and not Sarmations?
(a) By their primary weapons.
(b) Sarmations were nomadic while Germans lived in homes.
(c) By their clothing style.
(d) Sarmations were blonde and lighter-skinned.
5. How did the German tribe Ubii show pride in being a Roman colony?
(a) They wore togas.
(b) They kept out intruders at the Rhine.
(c) They took on new Roman names.
(d) They voluntarily gave agricultural gifts at harvest.
Short Answer Questions
1. In addition to omens in a bird's flight, what other ways did Germans read omens and warnings?
2. What unique characteristic was observed in the Germans' holy places?
3. How could Agricola take advantage of the staff-captaincy post?
4. Modern knowledge shows what about Tacitus' account of German dress?
5. How were the Germans' squadrons grouped?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)