|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Although feuds between families passed on to heirs, what reconciled them?
(a) Enough cattle and sheep.
(b) Enough gold and silver.
(c) An arranged marriage to unite the two families.
(d) A fair duel.
2. Without proper weapons, shelter, or horses, Tacitus described the Fenni as __________.
(b) Well content.
3. Why would the Cotini be more ashamed than other tribes because they worked in the iron mines of Germany?
(a) They could have used the iron to make weapons instead of tribute to the Romans.
(b) It was disgraceful against the German kings to mine the iron for anyone else.
(c) Iron mines were considered base because of its disturbance to the outdoor altars.
(d) The iron mines were considered as low of a job as a slave.
4. What weakness did Germans have that according to Tacitus made them easily defeated?
(a) Grudges against one another.
(b) Intemperance of drink.
(d) Lack of seriousness.
5. What was so unique about the German tribe Chauci?
(a) They dwelled in peace as well as in war.
(b) They wore their hair long.
(c) They were pacifists.
(d) They sung during battle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Modern knowledge shows what about Tacitus' account of German dress?
2. The German peoples can be described as __________.
3. Why did Agricola build forts to surround newly submitted British?
4. How were ancient German records kept?
5. What custom did Chatti boys assume until they showed their worth of birth?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)