|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who got to voice their opinions in major affairs in German tribes?
(a) The whole community.
(b) The women.
(c) Chiefs only.
(d) The generals.
2. Who were the only ones allowed to decide on capital punishment, imprisonment, and flogging?
3. In addition to arms as gifts, what had the Romans influenced the Germans to accept as gifts?
4. Without proper weapons, shelter, or horses, Tacitus described the Fenni as __________.
(c) Well content.
5. How did the German tribe Ubii show pride in being a Roman colony?
(a) They took on new Roman names.
(b) They wore togas.
(c) They kept out intruders at the Rhine.
(d) They voluntarily gave agricultural gifts at harvest.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who were the first to be known as Germani?
2. What custom did Chatti boys assume until they showed their worth of birth?
3. Who was the earth-born god of the Germans?
4. What event caused such a great financial loss to the state that Agricola had to rectify it?
5. What did Germans fear for their women?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)