|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why would the Cotini be more ashamed than other tribes because they worked in the iron mines of Germany?
(a) Iron mines were considered base because of its disturbance to the outdoor altars.
(b) The iron mines were considered as low of a job as a slave.
(c) They could have used the iron to make weapons instead of tribute to the Romans.
(d) It was disgraceful against the German kings to mine the iron for anyone else.
2. Who were the only ones allowed to decide on capital punishment, imprisonment, and flogging?
3. German strength in fighting was best seen in their __________.
4. Tacitus believed the earth was what shape?
(a) A disc shape.
5. What was an obligation of a follower to a German chief in addition to protecting him?
(a) Protect the chief's family as well.
(b) Give a portion of his spoils to the chief after a pillage.
(c) Let the chief have the follower's credit of heroism.
(d) Let the chief have his daughter in marriage.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the earth-born god of the Germans?
2. How do present historians know about British kings of the past?
3. Of all the German tribes, which held the greatest in number?
4. What evidence shows Tacitus could have been wrong in claiming Domitian's triumph was a sham?
5. Tacitus criticized the Sitones more than other German tribes because of what cultural difference?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)