|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who were the only ones allowed to decide on capital punishment, imprisonment, and flogging?
2. Who were the first to be known as Germani?
(b) The Tungri.
3. Tacitus criticized the Germans' agriculture calendar because of what?
(a) They could not grow wheat.
(b) They only had two seasons.
(c) They did not consider autumn.
(d) They used the lunar calendar.
4. Modern knowledge shows what about Tacitus' account of German dress?
(a) Tacitus did not really talk about the German's dress.
(b) Tacitus gave a narrow view of the varying dress between tribes.
(c) Reliefs and coins shows agreement and further evidence.
(d) Images from reliefs and coins contradict Tacitus' account.
5. What physical attributes did Tacitus describe in the German people?
(a) Short, freckly, with red hair.
(b) Large and hairy.
(c) Dark hair and stout.
(d) Blue eyes, red hair, with big frames.
Short Answer Questions
1. What event caused such a great financial loss to the state that Agricola had to rectify it?
2. Why did Agricola build forts to surround newly submitted British?
3. Of the following, which was one way a German became a slave among his own men?
4. What were the Germans' choice of arms?
5. How did Tacitus distinguish some tribes as German and not Sarmations?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)