|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were the Germans' choice of arms?
(c) Battle axes.
2. During assembly, how did the Germans show respectful agreement?
(a) Kept silence.
(b) Said "Ja."
(c) Nodded their heads.
(d) Clashed their weapons.
3. How did Tacitus distinguish some tribes as German and not Sarmations?
(a) By their primary weapons.
(b) Sarmations were blonde and lighter-skinned.
(c) By their clothing style.
(d) Sarmations were nomadic while Germans lived in homes.
4. Who was the earth-born god of the Germans?
5. How do present historians know about British kings of the past?
(a) From folklore songs.
(b) From legends in storytelling.
(c) Ancient forts are always named after a king.
(d) From native coins.
Short Answer Questions
1. The German peoples can be described as __________.
2. Tacitus believed the earth was what shape?
3. What evidence shows Tacitus could have been wrong in claiming Domitian's triumph was a sham?
4. What historic figure was known to visit Germany and found the city Asciburgium?
5. Why did Agricola build forts to surround newly submitted British?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)