|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The German peoples can be described as __________.
2. How did Tacitus distinguish some tribes as German and not Sarmations?
(a) Sarmations were nomadic while Germans lived in homes.
(b) By their primary weapons.
(c) Sarmations were blonde and lighter-skinned.
(d) By their clothing style.
3. What were the Germans' choice of arms?
(a) Battle axes.
4. What held back efficiency in a German assembly of chiefs?
(b) Lack of punctuality.
(d) Lack of leadership.
5. How were ancient German records kept?
(a) Through priests.
(b) In songs.
(c) In picture form.
(d) In storytelling.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was necessary for the German people to keep tabs in hierarchy?
2. Who got to voice their opinions in major affairs in German tribes?
3. Why did Agricola build forts to surround newly submitted British?
4. How do present historians know about British kings of the past?
5. What historic figure was known to visit Germany and found the city Asciburgium?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)