|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why would the Cotini be more ashamed than other tribes because they worked in the iron mines of Germany?
(a) The iron mines were considered as low of a job as a slave.
(b) It was disgraceful against the German kings to mine the iron for anyone else.
(c) They could have used the iron to make weapons instead of tribute to the Romans.
(d) Iron mines were considered base because of its disturbance to the outdoor altars.
2. What physical attributes did Tacitus describe in the German people?
(a) Blue eyes, red hair, with big frames.
(b) Dark hair and stout.
(c) Short, freckly, with red hair.
(d) Large and hairy.
3. The Chatti showed steady courage in warfare through what?
(a) Their impressive unified steps into the beginning of a battle.
(b) They kept an unwavering flag throughout battle.
(c) Deliberate movements rather than quick rushes.
(d) Their steady chants.
4. Present knowledge shows which group immigrated into Britain at least three separate times?
(a) The Vikings.
(b) The Gauls.
(c) The Celts.
(d) The Romans.
5. What was an obligation of a follower to a German chief in addition to protecting him?
(a) Protect the chief's family as well.
(b) Give a portion of his spoils to the chief after a pillage.
(c) Let the chief have his daughter in marriage.
(d) Let the chief have the follower's credit of heroism.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of all the German tribes, which held the greatest in number?
2. What held back efficiency in a German assembly of chiefs?
3. Who were the only ones allowed to decide on capital punishment, imprisonment, and flogging?
4. German strength in fighting was best seen in their __________.
5. How were the Germans' squadrons grouped?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)