|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of all the German tribes, which held the greatest in number?
2. Tacitus believed the earth was what shape?
(a) A disc shape.
3. Modern knowledge shows what about Tacitus' account of German dress?
(a) Tacitus gave a narrow view of the varying dress between tribes.
(b) Reliefs and coins shows agreement and further evidence.
(c) Images from reliefs and coins contradict Tacitus' account.
(d) Tacitus did not really talk about the German's dress.
4. Tacitus criticized the Germans' agriculture calendar because of what?
(a) They only had two seasons.
(b) They did not consider autumn.
(c) They could not grow wheat.
(d) They used the lunar calendar.
5. The Chatti showed steady courage in warfare through what?
(a) Their steady chants.
(b) Deliberate movements rather than quick rushes.
(c) Their impressive unified steps into the beginning of a battle.
(d) They kept an unwavering flag throughout battle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What generally separated the ancient Germans from other peoples?
2. Who was the earth-born god of the Germans?
3. What was an obligation of a follower to a German chief in addition to protecting him?
4. In addition to arms as gifts, what had the Romans influenced the Germans to accept as gifts?
5. What custom did Chatti boys assume until they showed their worth of birth?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)