|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What weakness did Germans have that according to Tacitus made them easily defeated?
(b) Lack of seriousness.
(c) Grudges against one another.
(d) Intemperance of drink.
2. Why would the Cotini be more ashamed than other tribes because they worked in the iron mines of Germany?
(a) The iron mines were considered as low of a job as a slave.
(b) It was disgraceful against the German kings to mine the iron for anyone else.
(c) They could have used the iron to make weapons instead of tribute to the Romans.
(d) Iron mines were considered base because of its disturbance to the outdoor altars.
3. Who were under Roman rule but was not subjected to taxes and used only for war purposes?
(a) The Osi.
(b) The Treviri.
(c) The Nevii.
(d) The Batavi.
4. Who got to voice their opinions in major affairs in German tribes?
(a) The generals.
(b) Chiefs only.
(c) The whole community.
(d) The women.
5. What was a common duty for German men to do when not partaking in war?
(b) Be involved in politics.
(c) Be involved in philosophy.
(d) Start a war.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the German tribe Ubii show pride in being a Roman colony?
2. Who were the first to be known as Germani?
3. How could Agricola take advantage of the staff-captaincy post?
4. "The Germania" is believed to come from a single manuscript written in what century?
5. Who was the earth-born god of the Germans?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)