|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The German peoples can be described as __________.
2. What was unique about a betrothed German couple?
(a) The woman offered the dowry, not the man.
(b) The man offered the dowry, not the woman.
(c) They were encouraged to marry outside the clan.
(d) Mothers chose the bride and groom.
3. What held back efficiency in a German assembly of chiefs?
(a) Lack of punctuality.
(d) Lack of leadership.
4. How did having children help Agricola's career?
(a) He gained more sympathy from his peers.
(b) He gained sympathy from Domitian.
(c) Fathers got special privileges.
(d) It kept him home more often.
5. Why did Agricola build forts to surround newly submitted British?
(a) It kept them from escaping.
(b) It built fear in them.
(c) It protected the British from their unconquered neighbors.
(d) It controlled imports and exports.
Short Answer Questions
1. How could Agricola take advantage of the staff-captaincy post?
2. What evidence shows Tacitus could have been wrong in claiming Domitian's triumph was a sham?
3. What physical attributes did Tacitus describe in the German people?
4. "The Germania" is believed to come from a single manuscript written in what century?
5. Tacitus believed the earth was what shape?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)