|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who got to voice their opinions in major affairs in German tribes?
(a) Chiefs only.
(b) The women.
(c) The generals.
(d) The whole community.
2. Of all the German tribes, which held the greatest in number?
3. What was a common duty for German men to do when not partaking in war?
(b) Be involved in politics.
(c) Be involved in philosophy.
(d) Start a war.
4. What held back efficiency in a German assembly of chiefs?
(a) Lack of punctuality.
(b) Lack of leadership.
5. In German culture, what did undergarments indicate?
(c) Social norm.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Tacitus claim was the purpose of "baritus"?
2. How were the Germans' squadrons grouped?
3. Who were under Roman rule but was not subjected to taxes and used only for war purposes?
4. The Chatti showed steady courage in warfare through what?
5. Who was the earth-born god of the Germans?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)