|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tacitus criticized the Sitones more than other German tribes because of what cultural difference?
(a) The women were the ruling sex.
(b) The women were allowed to fight next to the men.
(c) Men were in war so the women trained the boys at home for war.
(d) They were polygamous.
2. The German peoples can be described as __________.
3. What historic figure was known to visit Germany and found the city Asciburgium?
4. During assembly, how did the Germans show respectful agreement?
(a) Kept silence.
(b) Nodded their heads.
(c) Clashed their weapons.
(d) Said "Ja."
5. How could a German chief show prestige and power?
(a) By the beauty of his horse.
(b) In his number of kills.
(c) By his possession of gold.
(d) By his retinue.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was unique about a betrothed German couple?
2. Of the following, which was one way a German became a slave among his own men?
3. What evidence shows Tacitus could have been wrong in claiming Domitian's triumph was a sham?
4. Who were the first to be known as Germani?
5. What physical attributes did Tacitus describe in the German people?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)