|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of the following, which was one way a German became a slave among his own men?
(a) Surrendered his shield.
(b) Lacked a kill by the age of fifteen.
(c) Gambled his freedom away.
(d) Commited adultery.
2. The Chatti showed steady courage in warfare through what?
(a) Their impressive unified steps into the beginning of a battle.
(b) They kept an unwavering flag throughout battle.
(c) Deliberate movements rather than quick rushes.
(d) Their steady chants.
3. How did having children help Agricola's career?
(a) Fathers got special privileges.
(b) He gained sympathy from Domitian.
(c) It kept him home more often.
(d) He gained more sympathy from his peers.
4. What did Germans fear for their women?
(c) An impoverished life.
5. Tacitus believed the earth was what shape?
(a) A disc shape.
Short Answer Questions
1. In addition to omens in a bird's flight, what other ways did Germans read omens and warnings?
2. Who was the earth-born god of the Germans?
3. What evidence shows Tacitus could have been wrong in claiming Domitian's triumph was a sham?
4. What was so unique about the German tribe Chauci?
5. Why would the Cotini be more ashamed than other tribes because they worked in the iron mines of Germany?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)