|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A toga for a Roman youth was equivalent to what for a German youth?
(a) A horse and spear.
(b) A shield and spear.
(c) An axe and helmet.
(d) A chainmail.
2. In Chapter 31, why did Mattingly believe Tacitus was mistaken in saying the Brigantes burned a Roman colony under a woman ruler?
(a) The Brigantes were a peaceful people.
(b) The Brigantes never had a woman leader in their history.
(c) The Romans conquered the Brigantes long before the supposed burning.
(d) The Brigantes actually helped the Romans and accepted their aid.
3. Who was the earth-born god of the Germans?
4. Why did Agricola build forts to surround newly submitted British?
(a) It controlled imports and exports.
(b) It built fear in them.
(c) It kept them from escaping.
(d) It protected the British from their unconquered neighbors.
5. In addition to omens in a bird's flight, what other ways did Germans read omens and warnings?
(a) From cattle manure.
(b) Listening to special horses.
(c) Via tea leaves.
(d) In a sheep's cry.
Short Answer Questions
1. In addition to arms as gifts, what had the Romans influenced the Germans to accept as gifts?
2. Present knowledge shows which group immigrated into Britain at least three separate times?
3. Who were the only ones allowed to decide on capital punishment, imprisonment, and flogging?
4. What was unique about a betrothed German couple?
5. Who were the first to be known as Germani?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)