|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the earth-born god of the Germans?
2. What event caused such a great financial loss to the state that Agricola had to rectify it?
(b) Infestation of a corn beetle.
(d) The people looted after a great fire.
3. What was a common duty for German men to do when not partaking in war?
(a) Be involved in philosophy.
(c) Start a war.
(d) Be involved in politics.
4. What was necessary for the German people to keep tabs in hierarchy?
(a) A quarterly assembly of chiefs.
(b) Violence and war.
(c) Accurate account of wealth.
5. The German peoples can be described as __________.
Short Answer Questions
1. What evidence shows Tacitus could have been wrong in claiming Domitian's triumph was a sham?
2. Of the following, which was one way a German became a slave among his own men?
3. What custom did Chatti boys assume until they showed their worth of birth?
4. What special privilege did the Hermundui have in the Roman Empire?
5. Why did Agricola build forts to surround newly submitted British?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)