|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "The Germania" is believed to come from a single manuscript written in what century?
(a) Early 16th century.
(b) Early 6th century.
(c) 9th century.
(d) 100 A.D.
2. German strength in fighting was best seen in their __________.
3. Tacitus felt the only form of wealth Germans had was __________.
(a) Their population number.
(d) Cereal crops.
4. What unique characteristic was observed in the Germans' holy places?
(a) They only fit one family at a time.
(b) They were in the woods and groves.
(c) The temples were open roofed.
(d) They were open only at night.
5. Why would the Cotini be more ashamed than other tribes because they worked in the iron mines of Germany?
(a) The iron mines were considered as low of a job as a slave.
(b) It was disgraceful against the German kings to mine the iron for anyone else.
(c) They could have used the iron to make weapons instead of tribute to the Romans.
(d) Iron mines were considered base because of its disturbance to the outdoor altars.
Short Answer Questions
1. What held back efficiency in a German assembly of chiefs?
2. In German culture, what did undergarments indicate?
3. What was an obligation of a follower to a German chief in addition to protecting him?
4. During assembly, how did the Germans show respectful agreement?
5. In addition to arms as gifts, what had the Romans influenced the Germans to accept as gifts?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)