|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Agricola's mother discourage him from studying philosophy?
(a) It was too inactive.
(b) It was too pretentious.
(c) It was a poor man's study.
(d) It "ate the mind."
2. Tacitus criticized the Sitones more than other German tribes because of what cultural difference?
(a) The women were the ruling sex.
(b) Men were in war so the women trained the boys at home for war.
(c) The women were allowed to fight next to the men.
(d) They were polygamous.
3. Tacitus felt the only form of wealth Germans had was __________.
(a) Their population number.
(c) Cereal crops.
4. Present knowledge shows which group immigrated into Britain at least three separate times?
(a) The Vikings.
(b) The Celts.
(c) The Romans.
(d) The Gauls.
5. What special privilege did the Hermundui have in the Roman Empire?
(a) They were considered neutral and never attacked.
(b) They were granted citizenship.
(c) They were not taxed.
(d) They were allowed beyond the banks to trade inland.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tacitus criticized the Germans' agriculture calendar because of what?
2. What event caused such a great financial loss to the state that Agricola had to rectify it?
3. What was so unique about the German tribe Chauci?
4. What weakness did Germans have that according to Tacitus made them easily defeated?
5. Why did Agricola build forts to surround newly submitted British?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)