|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the German tribe Ubii show pride in being a Roman colony?
(a) They voluntarily gave agricultural gifts at harvest.
(b) They kept out intruders at the Rhine.
(c) They took on new Roman names.
(d) They wore togas.
2. How were ancient German records kept?
(a) In songs.
(b) In picture form.
(c) Through priests.
(d) In storytelling.
3. What custom did Chatti boys assume until they showed their worth of birth?
(a) They shaved and showed no beard until they survived a battle.
(b) They worked in the home until they proved they can fight.
(c) Took their mother's name until their first war, then they were given their father's name.
(d) They continued to grow their hair until their first enemy kill.
4. Who were the first to be known as Germani?
(a) The Tungri.
5. How could Agricola take advantage of the staff-captaincy post?
(a) He was able to leave more easily.
(b) He could order others around even if it was not relevant to the military.
(c) He was able to travel to any country he preferred.
(d) He could stay in the back of the battle without question.
Short Answer Questions
1. How could a German chief show prestige and power?
2. In addition to omens in a bird's flight, what other ways did Germans read omens and warnings?
3. What was one of the most shameful acts a German soldier could do?
4. What physical attributes did Tacitus describe in the German people?
5. During assembly, how did the Germans show respectful agreement?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)