1. Between which years was Tacitus alive?
2. Of the following, which title did Tacitus never hold?
3. According to Mattingly, what was most important to Tacitus in his life?
4. How did Tacitus handle his political position under an emperor?
Followed loyally, despite his own feelings.
5. Mattingly observes what defect in Tactitus' writings?
Carelessness in geography and military history.
6. What style of writing did Tacitus follow?
Brief and poetic.
7. What was Tacitus' relationship to Agricola?
He was Agricola's son-in-law.
This section contains 4,348 words
(approx. 15 pages at 300 words per page)