Short Answer Key
1. Between which years was Tacitus alive?
2. Of the following, which title did Tacitus never hold?
3. According to Mattingly, what was most important to Tacitus in his life?
4. How did Tacitus handle his political position under an emperor?
Followed loyally, despite his own feelings.
5. Mattingly observes what defect in Tactitus' writings?
Carelessness in geography and military history.
6. What style of writing did Tacitus follow?
Brief and poetic.
7. What was Tacitus' relationship to Agricola?
He was Agricola's son-in-law.
8. How did Agricola's successes become so famous?
Through Tacitus' writings.
9. Where did Agricola primarily spend his time in the military?
10. What was Agricola best known for?
His tactics and forts.
11. With which ruler did Agricola have the most tense relationship?
12. Why did Tacitus provide so much British history in "The Agricola"?
This section contains 2,136 words|
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)