|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Germania.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Tacitus falsely believe Britain had that was worth conquering?
(a) Excellent cattle and sheep.
(b) Good farming lands.
(d) Gold and silver.
2. Tacitus noted that __________ were often confused with Germans by the "civilized."
(a) The Osi.
(b) The Gauls.
(c) The Celtics.
(d) The Spaniards.
3. Between which years was Tacitus alive?
(a) A.D. 500-1115.
(b) A.D. 85-150.
(c) A.D. 50-115.
(d) B.C. 50-115.
4. The invasion of Italy by the Germans was __________.
(b) A slow creeping progress.
5. Tired of Roman rule, under whom did the British unit to revolt while Paulinus was in Britain?
(c) King Cogidumnus.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to a Caledonian, what kept the Gauls and Germans under Roman rule?
2. What was Agricola's reaction to the first attack under his consul?
3. Who was ruling the Roman Empire when Gallic tribes revolted against Rome and proclaimed their own empire?
4. What major characteristic did Tacitus note about the seas around Britain?
5. What physical attributes did Tacitus describe in the German people?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)