|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Germania.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who were the only ones allowed to decide on capital punishment, imprisonment, and flogging?
2. How do modern historians identify Agricola's permanent forts?
(a) By Tacitus' detailed accounts.
(b) By Trajan's detailed accounts.
(c) Through archaelogical excavation.
(d) By Mattingly's history research.
3. In addition to omens in a bird's flight, what other ways did Germans read omens and warnings?
(a) Listening to special horses.
(b) Via tea leaves.
(c) From cattle manure.
(d) In a sheep's cry.
4. In the battle against the united British tribes on Mount Graupius, how did the number of fallen compare?
(a) 10,000 British, 360 Romans.
(b) 360 British, 10,000 Romans.
(c) 500 British, 300 Romans.
(d) 1000 British, 1000 Romans.
5. When Cerealis became the British governor, how did Agricola prove himself to him?
(a) He always agreed with Cerealis.
(b) He stood up to Cerealis when he disagreed with a plan.
(c) He was the first to offer himself in the line of duty.
(d) He did well with army detachment missions.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mattingly believes Tacitus underrated what about Rome and Germany's relationship?
2. What did Agricola not live to see?
3. What did Otho's fleet do to Agricola?
4. What was Agricola best known for?
5. Agricola was brought up with an education in __________.
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)