|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Germania.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Between which years was Tacitus alive?
(a) A.D. 500-1115.
(b) A.D. 50-115.
(c) A.D. 85-150.
(d) B.C. 50-115.
2. What lesson from others' experience did Agricola consider when he was victorious in battles?
(a) Injustice afterwards did not help the victory.
(b) He celebrated lavishly to show his power.
(c) Instilling fear in the enemy helped retain control.
(d) Be prepared for a possible revenge.
3. The German peoples can be described as __________.
4. Despite a quiet retirement, why did many ask Agricola to return to duty?
(a) The other generals were failures.
(b) Tacitus actively promoted the idea to everyone.
(c) He was charming and convincing with the enemy.
(d) He was the only one who kept Domitian in line.
5. What was so unique about the German tribe Chauci?
(a) They were pacifists.
(b) They sung during battle.
(c) They dwelled in peace as well as in war.
(d) They wore their hair long.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to a Caledonian, what kept the Gauls and Germans under Roman rule?
2. How did Agricola help rectify the treasury?
3. What major characteristic did Tacitus note about the seas around Britain?
4. How did Domitian receive news of Agricola's successes?
5. What undertone does Mattingly suggest is written in "The Agricola"?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)