|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Germania.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tacitus credited whom for Roman successes?
(a) The governors of the provinces.
(b) The Roman people.
(c) The enemies for their own faults.
(d) The great line of emperors.
2. What was one way a non-native established Roman citizenship?
(a) Became a slave for seven years.
(b) Enlisted in the army.
(c) Gave useful military information.
(d) Worked in the emperor's household.
3. Tired of Roman rule, under whom did the British unit to revolt while Paulinus was in Britain?
(a) King Cogidumnus.
4. Where did Agricola primarily spend his time in the military?
5. How did Agricola take advantage of his first victory?
(a) He took the majority of the spoils.
(b) He asked for a parade.
(c) He did not.
(d) He took a promotion.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tacitus noted that the Germans felt which way about gold and silver?
2. Between which years were Agricola's campaigns in Britain?
3. How do modern historians identify Agricola's permanent forts?
4. Who were under Roman rule but was not subjected to taxes and used only for war purposes?
5. How did Tacitus distinguish some tribes as German and not Sarmations?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)