|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Germania.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What custom did Chatti boys assume until they showed their worth of birth?
(a) They worked in the home until they proved they can fight.
(b) Took their mother's name until their first war, then they were given their father's name.
(c) They continued to grow their hair until their first enemy kill.
(d) They shaved and showed no beard until they survived a battle.
2. What did Tacitus falsely believe Britain had that was worth conquering?
(a) Excellent cattle and sheep.
(c) Good farming lands.
(d) Gold and silver.
3. What was an obligation of a follower to a German chief in addition to protecting him?
(a) Give a portion of his spoils to the chief after a pillage.
(b) Let the chief have his daughter in marriage.
(c) Let the chief have the follower's credit of heroism.
(d) Protect the chief's family as well.
4. Between which years were Agricola's campaigns in Britain?
(a) 578 A.D. - 584 A.D.
(b) 78-84 A.D.
(c) 53-68 A.D.
(d) 2 A.D. - 7 A.D.
5. Agricola was brought up with an education in __________.
(a) Liberal arts.
(b) Martial arts.
(c) German history.
(d) British history.
Short Answer Questions
1. What undertone does Mattingly suggest is written in "The Agricola"?
2. What was a common duty for German men to do when not partaking in war?
3. Between which years was Tacitus alive?
4. What was unique about a betrothed German couple?
5. Which German tribe(s) invaded Italy in 113 B.C.?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)