|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Germania.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who were the only ones allowed to decide on capital punishment, imprisonment, and flogging?
2. Tired of Roman rule, under whom did the British unit to revolt while Paulinus was in Britain?
(d) King Cogidumnus.
3. When Cerealis became the British governor, how did Agricola prove himself to him?
(a) He stood up to Cerealis when he disagreed with a plan.
(b) He was the first to offer himself in the line of duty.
(c) He always agreed with Cerealis.
(d) He did well with army detachment missions.
4. How were the Germans' squadrons grouped?
(b) By number of previous kills.
(c) By family or clan.
(d) By general's choice.
5. What undertone does Mattingly suggest is written in "The Agricola"?
(a) The emperor is too egocentric to see the Empire's weaknesses.
(b) A political tone of moderation.
(c) The Roman Empire should never have tried to conquer Germany.
(d) Agricola single-handedly conquered Britain.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Tacitus credit to changing the Gaul's warlike past?
2. What memorable adventure happened to the Usipi?
3. What were the Germans' choice of arms?
4. Tacitus criticized the Germans' agriculture calendar because of what?
5. Who got to voice their opinions in major affairs in German tribes?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)