|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Germania.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was an obligation of a follower to a German chief in addition to protecting him?
(a) Let the chief have his daughter in marriage.
(b) Protect the chief's family as well.
(c) Let the chief have the follower's credit of heroism.
(d) Give a portion of his spoils to the chief after a pillage.
2. What lesson from others' experience did Agricola consider when he was victorious in battles?
(a) Instilling fear in the enemy helped retain control.
(b) He celebrated lavishly to show his power.
(c) Injustice afterwards did not help the victory.
(d) Be prepared for a possible revenge.
3. With which ruler did Agricola have the most tense relationship?
4. Between which years was Tacitus alive?
(a) A.D. 500-1115.
(b) A.D. 50-115.
(c) A.D. 85-150.
(d) B.C. 50-115.
5. Tacitus noted that the Germans felt which way about gold and silver?
(a) They used it for trade between Germans only.
(b) They believed gold and silver were the best metal for weaponry.
(c) They were acquired greedily by the wealthy.
(d) They had no personal taste for it.
Short Answer Questions
1. A toga for a Roman youth was equivalent to what for a German youth?
2. What special privilege did the Hermundui have in the Roman Empire?
3. How did Agricola help rectify the treasury?
4. Tacitus believed the Germans loved what the most?
5. How were the Germans' squadrons grouped?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)