|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Germania.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Domitian offer Agricola for his triumph?
(c) A post in Germany.
(d) A parade.
2. What physical attributes did Tacitus describe in the German people?
(a) Large and hairy.
(b) Short, freckly, with red hair.
(c) Dark hair and stout.
(d) Blue eyes, red hair, with big frames.
3. What held back efficiency in a German assembly of chiefs?
(b) Lack of leadership.
(d) Lack of punctuality.
4. A toga for a Roman youth was equivalent to what for a German youth?
(a) An axe and helmet.
(b) A shield and spear.
(c) A chainmail.
(d) A horse and spear.
5. During assembly, how did the Germans show respectful agreement?
(a) Said "Ja."
(b) Kept silence.
(c) Clashed their weapons.
(d) Nodded their heads.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Mattingly, what was most important to Tacitus in his life?
2. Of the following, what was more resented by the people than tax?
3. How were the Germans' squadrons grouped?
4. How did Tacitus distinguish some tribes as German and not Sarmations?
5. For what reason would the Romans not bother to conquer a country?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)