|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Germania.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Agricola primarily spend his time in the military?
2. How were the Germans' squadrons grouped?
(a) By family or clan.
(b) By number of previous kills.
(d) By general's choice.
3. Why did Rome want to conquer Britain?
(a) For revenge.
(b) For their gold and silver.
(c) Purely for victory over more lands.
(d) For their knowledge of arms.
4. What political harmony did Tacitus wish to see in the Roman Republic?
(a) The Senate and the Praetorian Guards.
(b) Autocracy and freedom.
(c) Harmony between the Emperor and Senate.
(d) The Roman Empire and the German tribes.
5. What was one way a non-native established Roman citizenship?
(a) Worked in the emperor's household.
(b) Enlisted in the army.
(c) Became a slave for seven years.
(d) Gave useful military information.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was unique about a betrothed German couple?
2. Tacitus noted that __________ were often confused with Germans by the "civilized."
3. According to a Caledonian, what kept the Gauls and Germans under Roman rule?
4. The German peoples can be described as __________.
5. What lesson from others' experience did Agricola consider when he was victorious in battles?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)