|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Germania.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What custom did Chatti boys assume until they showed their worth of birth?
(a) Took their mother's name until their first war, then they were given their father's name.
(b) They continued to grow their hair until their first enemy kill.
(c) They shaved and showed no beard until they survived a battle.
(d) They worked in the home until they proved they can fight.
2. The German peoples can be described as __________.
3. Tacitus noted that __________ were often confused with Germans by the "civilized."
(a) The Gauls.
(b) The Celtics.
(c) The Osi.
(d) The Spaniards.
4. Of the following, which power did the Roman emperor NOT possess?
(a) Initiate legislation.
(b) Military command.
(c) Power of censorship.
(d) Ability to recall elections.
5. What was Agricola best known for?
(a) His ability to execute a surprise attack.
(b) His diplomatic skills.
(c) His tactics and forts.
(d) His oratory skills.
Short Answer Questions
1. German strength in fighting was best seen in their __________.
2. Tacitus criticized the Sitones more than other German tribes because of what cultural difference?
3. What were the Germans' choice of arms?
4. Before Tacitus' time, a person who wrote an autobiography was considered to be__________.
5. In the Introduction, Mattingly claims the Germans needed what if they were to ever reach maturity?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)