|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Germania.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What weakness did Germans have that according to Tacitus made them easily defeated?
(a) Grudges against one another.
(c) Lack of seriousness.
(d) Intemperance of drink.
2. Why did Tacitus provide so much British history in "The Agricola"?
(a) It was a warning to the Roman Empire of their dangerous presence.
(b) It showed how British history influenced Roman culture.
(c) It showed how the Roman Empire improved British lives.
(d) It compared how much Agricola did for the Empire.
3. How did the public feel about Agricola's role in Britain?
(a) They believed he was a puppet of Domitian.
(b) They felt he was a failure in his campaigns.
(c) They thought he was too soft with the British.
(d) They were in favor of his work.
4. According to a Caledonian, what kept the Gauls and Germans under Roman rule?
(a) The benefits under Roman rule.
(b) Lack of warfare experience.
(d) Terror and intimidation.
5. What was so unique about the German tribe Chauci?
(a) They wore their hair long.
(b) They sung during battle.
(c) They dwelled in peace as well as in war.
(d) They were pacifists.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the Introduction, Mattingly claims the Germans needed what if they were to ever reach maturity?
2. How did Agricola's arrival in Britain differ from the usual arrival of a new governor?
3. What memorable adventure happened to the Usipi?
4. According to Tacitus, Agricola felt it was more "honourable to __________ than to hate."
5. How did the British help the Romans succeed in conquering more regions?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)