|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Germania.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In addition to arms as gifts, what had the Romans influenced the Germans to accept as gifts?
2. What generally separated the ancient Germans from other peoples?
(a) An ancient stone wall.
(c) An arbitrary political boundary.
(d) Physical landscapes.
3. What historic figure was known to visit Germany and found the city Asciburgium?
4. How were officials chosen for provinces?
(a) By the praetorian guards.
(b) The emperor chose for all provinces.
(c) By the people.
(d) The Senate chose for peaceful provinces and the emperor for restless ones.
5. Of the following, which title did Tacitus never hold?
Short Answer Questions
1. A toga for a Roman youth was equivalent to what for a German youth?
2. What was Tacitus' relationship to Agricola?
3. How did the British help the Romans succeed in conquering more regions?
4. According to Tacitus, Agricola felt it was more "honourable to __________ than to hate."
5. What major characteristic did Tacitus note about the seas around Britain?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)