|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Germania.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What custom did Chatti boys assume until they showed their worth of birth?
(a) They continued to grow their hair until their first enemy kill.
(b) They worked in the home until they proved they can fight.
(c) Took their mother's name until their first war, then they were given their father's name.
(d) They shaved and showed no beard until they survived a battle.
2. What was one way a non-native established Roman citizenship?
(a) Worked in the emperor's household.
(b) Gave useful military information.
(c) Enlisted in the army.
(d) Became a slave for seven years.
3. Although feuds between families passed on to heirs, what reconciled them?
(a) Enough cattle and sheep.
(b) Enough gold and silver.
(c) An arranged marriage to unite the two families.
(d) A fair duel.
4. Tacitus summed up Agricola's features as __________.
5. Which Roman ruler was the first to try to conquer Britain?
(a) Julius Caesar.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who got to voice their opinions in major affairs in German tribes?
2. How did Tacitus distinguish some tribes as German and not Sarmations?
3. With which ruler did Agricola have the most tense relationship?
4. What was so unique about the German tribe Chauci?
5. When Cerealis became the British governor, how did Agricola prove himself to him?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)