|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Germania.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How were officials chosen for provinces?
(a) The Senate chose for peaceful provinces and the emperor for restless ones.
(b) The emperor chose for all provinces.
(c) By the people.
(d) By the praetorian guards.
2. Tacitus claimed Domitian was ridiculed by the people for what reason?
(a) A fake triumph in Britain.
(b) His son was a coward in battle.
(c) His wife commited adultery.
(d) A fake triumph in Germany.
3. How do modern historians identify Agricola's permanent forts?
(a) By Tacitus' detailed accounts.
(b) Through archaelogical excavation.
(c) By Trajan's detailed accounts.
(d) By Mattingly's history research.
4. Tacitus summed up Agricola's features as __________.
5. What historic figure was known to visit Germany and found the city Asciburgium?
Short Answer Questions
1. Although feuds between families passed on to heirs, what reconciled them?
2. A toga for a Roman youth was equivalent to what for a German youth?
3. Before Tacitus' time, a person who wrote an autobiography was considered to be__________.
4. During assembly, how did the Germans show respectful agreement?
5. Tacitus credited whom for Roman successes?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)