|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Germania.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Without proper weapons, shelter, or horses, Tacitus described the Fenni as __________.
(d) Well content.
2. What generally separated the ancient Germans from other peoples?
(a) An arbitrary political boundary.
(c) An ancient stone wall.
(d) Physical landscapes.
3. What happened to Maroboduus, the Marcomannic king?
(a) He was killed by other Germans.
(b) He was poisoned by his wife.
(c) He was killed in battle against Britain.
(d) He was killed by the Romans.
4. How did Augustus handle the Germans?
(a) He ignored their presence and concentrated on Britain.
(b) He advanced over the Rhine.
(c) He advanced to the Elbe.
(d) He kept them at the Rhine.
5. Agricola was brought up with an education in __________.
(a) Martial arts.
(b) Liberal arts.
(c) German history.
(d) British history.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the outcome when the British launched a night attack on the 9th legion?
2. In the battle against the united British tribes on Mount Graupius, how did the number of fallen compare?
3. Of the following, which power did the Roman emperor NOT possess?
4. How could a German chief show prestige and power?
5. What were the Germans' choice of arms?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)