|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Germania.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of all the German tribes, which held the greatest in number?
2. What was the outcome when the British launched a night attack on the 9th legion?
(a) Despite the surprise, the sheer number outweighed the British and the 9th legion won.
(b) The 9th legion lost many and got incorporated into Agricola's legion.
(c) The British succeeded and brought the momentum into future battles.
(d) Agricola followed and attacked the British from the rear.
3. What was one of the most shameful acts a German soldier could do?
(a) Kill a woman or child.
(b) Throw away his shield.
(c) Cut his hair.
(d) Die before his first kill.
4. Why did Tacitus feel the need to apologize for his life?
(a) He was a Senator during tyranny.
(b) He failed to prevent Agricola's poisoning.
(c) He lacked in military success.
(d) He failed to be as great as Agricola.
5. What was unique about a betrothed German couple?
(a) Mothers chose the bride and groom.
(b) The man offered the dowry, not the woman.
(c) The woman offered the dowry, not the man.
(d) They were encouraged to marry outside the clan.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Agricola's motivation to conquer Britain?
2. What unique characteristic was observed in the Germans' holy places?
3. Why was so interested in German culture that he wrote about it?
4. How did the British help the Romans succeed in conquering more regions?
5. Which Roman ruler was the first to try to conquer Britain?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)