|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Germania.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Tacitus falsely believe Britain had that was worth conquering?
(a) Good farming lands.
(c) Gold and silver.
(d) Excellent cattle and sheep.
2. What generally separated the ancient Germans from other peoples?
(a) An arbitrary political boundary.
(b) An ancient stone wall.
(c) Physical landscapes.
3. Tacitus felt what lesson was the hardest to remember in philosophy?
(b) Accordance between religion and humanities.
(d) A sense of proportion.
4. What did Otho's fleet do to Agricola?
(a) Surprise attacked him from the rear.
(b) Denied his power as consul and disobeyed his orders.
(c) Murdered his mother and plundered her fortunes.
(d) Poisoned him.
5. What unique characteristic was observed in the Germans' holy places?
(a) They were open only at night.
(b) They only fit one family at a time.
(c) The temples were open roofed.
(d) They were in the woods and groves.
Short Answer Questions
1. In addition to omens in a bird's flight, what other ways did Germans read omens and warnings?
2. Tacitus credited whom for Roman successes?
3. How were ancient German records kept?
4. Tacitus criticized the Sitones more than other German tribes because of what cultural difference?
5. How did the British help the Romans succeed in conquering more regions?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)