|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Germania.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What generally separated the ancient Germans from other peoples?
(b) Physical landscapes.
(c) An ancient stone wall.
(d) An arbitrary political boundary.
2. What was the outcome when the British launched a night attack on the 9th legion?
(a) The 9th legion lost many and got incorporated into Agricola's legion.
(b) The British succeeded and brought the momentum into future battles.
(c) Agricola followed and attacked the British from the rear.
(d) Despite the surprise, the sheer number outweighed the British and the 9th legion won.
3. A toga for a Roman youth was equivalent to what for a German youth?
(a) A horse and spear.
(b) A chainmail.
(c) A shield and spear.
(d) An axe and helmet.
4. What did Tacitus deny existed in Germany?
(a) Domestic slavery.
5. Tacitus felt the only form of wealth Germans had was __________.
(a) Their population number.
(b) Cereal crops.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Rome's knowledge of Britain during Tacitus' lifetime?
2. Where did Agricola stand when fighting with his men?
3. What were the Germans' choice of arms?
4. How did the public feel about Agricola's role in Britain?
5. What was Agricola's motivation to conquer Britain?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)