|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Germania.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Agricola called on whose help to equalize the sword fighting skills of the British?
(a) The cavalry.
(b) The Praetorian Guards.
(c) The Gauls.
(d) The Batavians and Tungrians.
2. What did Agricola do in his first year that helped Britain appreciate peace more?
(a) Stopped corrupt officials.
(b) Relaxed the presence of the Roman army.
(c) Did not always impose the emperor's laws that were harsh on the people.
(d) Was lenient in giving citizenships.
3. For what reason would the Romans not bother to conquer a country?
(a) It lacked good agricultural lands.
(b) No reason. They would conquer any country.
(c) It was a poor country.
(d) It did not have any form of resource.
4. Tired of Roman rule, under whom did the British unit to revolt while Paulinus was in Britain?
(a) King Cogidumnus.
5. What generally separated the ancient Germans from other peoples?
(a) Physical landscapes.
(b) An ancient stone wall.
(c) An arbitrary political boundary.
Short Answer Questions
1. Between which years were Agricola's campaigns in Britain?
2. What did Tacitus deny existed in Germany?
3. Tacitus felt the only form of wealth Germans had was __________.
4. Despite a quiet retirement, why did many ask Agricola to return to duty?
5. How did Agricola's successes become so famous?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)