|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Agricola.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the battle against the united British tribes on Mount Graupius, how did the number of fallen compare?
(a) 1000 British, 1000 Romans.
(b) 10,000 British, 360 Romans.
(c) 360 British, 10,000 Romans.
(d) 500 British, 300 Romans.
2. Tacitus noted that __________ were often confused with Germans by the "civilized."
(a) The Osi.
(b) The Celtics.
(c) The Gauls.
(d) The Spaniards.
3. Of the following, which title did Tacitus never hold?
4. Of the following, what was most upsetting for Tacitus in regards to Agricola's death?
(a) No one was able to find the true murderer.
(b) Agricola suffered a long and painful death.
(c) He could not be with Agricola in his time of death.
(d) Agricola did not get to meet his grandchildren.
5. What other country did Agricola want to conquer in order to surround Britain?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Tacitus' relationship to Agricola?
2. For what reason would the Romans not bother to conquer a country?
3. What memorable adventure happened to the Usipi?
4. How did Agricola's arrival in Britain differ from the usual arrival of a new governor?
5. How was Agricola's death received in general?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)