|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Agricola.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which German tribe(s) invaded Italy in 113 B.C.?
(a) Cimbri and Teutoni.
2. What was Augustus's goal as a Roman leader?
(a) To extend the Roman Empire to twice its size.
(b) To overtake all of Britain and Ireland.
(c) To restore the Republic.
(d) To conquer and restore Roman honor.
3. Of the following, what was most upsetting for Tacitus in regards to Agricola's death?
(a) Agricola suffered a long and painful death.
(b) He could not be with Agricola in his time of death.
(c) Agricola did not get to meet his grandchildren.
(d) No one was able to find the true murderer.
4. Tacitus credited whom for Roman successes?
(a) The enemies for their own faults.
(b) The governors of the provinces.
(c) The Roman people.
(d) The great line of emperors.
5. What lesson from others' experience did Agricola consider when he was victorious in battles?
(a) Instilling fear in the enemy helped retain control.
(b) Be prepared for a possible revenge.
(c) Injustice afterwards did not help the victory.
(d) He celebrated lavishly to show his power.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Tacitus feel the need to apologize for his life?
2. Tacitus summed up Agricola's features as __________.
3. How did Agricola help rectify the treasury?
4. In the battle against the united British tribes on Mount Graupius, how did the number of fallen compare?
5. In the Introduction, Mattingly claims the Germans needed what if they were to ever reach maturity?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)