|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Agricola.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of the following, what was most upsetting for Tacitus in regards to Agricola's death?
(a) Agricola suffered a long and painful death.
(b) He could not be with Agricola in his time of death.
(c) No one was able to find the true murderer.
(d) Agricola did not get to meet his grandchildren.
2. According to Mattingly, what was most important to Tacitus in his life?
(a) His family.
(b) The reigning emperor.
(c) His mother.
(d) His career.
3. The invasion of Italy by the Germans was __________.
(d) A slow creeping progress.
4. Despite a quiet retirement, why did many ask Agricola to return to duty?
(a) He was charming and convincing with the enemy.
(b) The other generals were failures.
(c) Tacitus actively promoted the idea to everyone.
(d) He was the only one who kept Domitian in line.
5. What happened to Maroboduus, the Marcomannic king?
(a) He was killed by the Romans.
(b) He was killed in battle against Britain.
(c) He was killed by other Germans.
(d) He was poisoned by his wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What rumor was spread after Agricola's death?
2. What was Agricola's motivation to conquer Britain?
3. Tacitus claimed the British military's strength was in __________.
4. The British speech Tacitus paraphrased in "The Agricola" that was used to rally against the Romans can be summed up in which statement?
5. Of the following, which power did the Roman emperor NOT possess?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)