|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Agricola.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As stated by Mattingly, how does Tacitus compare to other historians of his age in regards to his writings about Germany?
(a) He was highly appreciated during his time but less so in the present.
(b) Not appreciated during his time but after his death.
(c) One of the best.
2. Despite a quiet retirement, why did many ask Agricola to return to duty?
(a) He was the only one who kept Domitian in line.
(b) The other generals were failures.
(c) He was charming and convincing with the enemy.
(d) Tacitus actively promoted the idea to everyone.
3. Rome's first attempt to conquer Britain can be described as __________.
(a) A failure.
(b) The end of Celtic culture.
(c) An easy success.
(d) The beginning of colonialism.
4. Tacitus believed the Germans loved what the most?
5. What benefit was there for Agricola when he married Domitia Decidiana?
(a) A closer relationship with Domitian.
(b) Greater monetary wealth.
(c) Social distinction.
(d) A closer relationship to the governor of Britain.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Rome want to conquer Britain?
2. When Cerealis became the British governor, how did Agricola prove himself to him?
3. What was one way a non-native established Roman citizenship?
4. According to Tacitus, Agricola felt it was more "honourable to __________ than to hate."
5. What rumor was spread after Agricola's death?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)