|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Agricola.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do modern historians identify Agricola's permanent forts?
(a) By Tacitus' detailed accounts.
(b) By Trajan's detailed accounts.
(c) By Mattingly's history research.
(d) Through archaelogical excavation.
2. What other country did Agricola want to conquer in order to surround Britain?
3. Rome's first attempt to conquer Britain can be described as __________.
(a) An easy success.
(b) The beginning of colonialism.
(c) A failure.
(d) The end of Celtic culture.
4. What would help a defendant of a crime if Agricola was the judge of punishment?
(a) Absolute evidence of innocence.
(b) Genuine repentance.
(c) Willingness to give service in the Roman army.
5. Agricola was brought up with an education in __________.
(a) Martial arts.
(b) British history.
(c) German history.
(d) Liberal arts.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Agricola's motivation to conquer Britain?
2. With which ruler did Agricola have the most tense relationship?
3. How was Arminius received at home after his win over Quintillius?
4. How were officials chosen for provinces?
5. Tacitus noted that __________ were often confused with Germans by the "civilized."
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)