|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Agricola.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was finally able to restore Roman prestige after years of cruel emperors?
2. Of the following, which power did the Roman emperor NOT possess?
(a) Power of censorship.
(b) Ability to recall elections.
(c) Initiate legislation.
(d) Military command.
3. According to Mattingly, what was most important to Tacitus in his life?
(a) His family.
(b) His career.
(c) The reigning emperor.
(d) His mother.
4. Of the following, what was more resented by the people than tax?
(a) The lack of citizenship.
(b) Occupation of the Roman army.
(c) The emperor's power.
(d) Profiteering tricks.
5. How did Agricola take advantage of his first victory?
(a) He took the majority of the spoils.
(b) He took a promotion.
(c) He asked for a parade.
(d) He did not.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Otho's fleet do to Agricola?
2. What did Agricola not live to see?
3. During Agricola's praetorship, his responsibility of public games can be described as __________.
4. How were officials chosen for provinces?
5. What happened to Maroboduus, the Marcomannic king?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)