|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Agricola.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Agricola's father get Gaius the emperor angry at him?
(a) He defied orders and refused to conquer Britain.
(b) He attempted murder on one of his favorite Senators.
(c) He was famous and succeeded in life.
(d) He defied orders and campaigned past the Rhine.
2. What memorable adventure happened to the Usipi?
(a) They had the best victory over Roman legions in history.
(b) They ran into the Fenni and were almost eaten by them.
(c) They sailed around North Britain, starved and were mistaken as pirates.
(d) They almost drowned in stormy seas off the coast of Britain.
3. How did Agricola's arrival in Britain differ from the usual arrival of a new governor?
(a) The auxiliaries had put on a military salute for him.
(b) The legions saluted him.
(c) There was a parade.
(d) There was no pagaentry.
4. What other country did Agricola want to conquer in order to surround Britain?
5. What was Agricola's reaction to the first attack under his consul?
(a) He decided to wait and see.
(b) He asked the emperor what he should do.
(c) He went where the action was.
(d) He sent a messenger with a surrender's note.
Short Answer Questions
1. What major characteristic did Tacitus note about the seas around Britain?
2. When Cerealis became the British governor, how did Agricola prove himself to him?
3. What was Rome's knowledge of Britain during Tacitus' lifetime?
4. Tacitus credited whom for Roman successes?
5. What did Domitian offer Agricola for his triumph?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)