|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Agricola.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Tacitus' relationship to Agricola?
(a) They had no direct relationship.
(b) He was Agricola's son.
(c) He was Agricola's son-in-law.
(d) He was Agricola's military right hand man.
2. How did Agricola take advantage of his first victory?
(a) He took the majority of the spoils.
(b) He took a promotion.
(c) He asked for a parade.
(d) He did not.
3. What happened to Maroboduus, the Marcomannic king?
(a) He was killed by other Germans.
(b) He was killed by the Romans.
(c) He was killed in battle against Britain.
(d) He was poisoned by his wife.
4. What rumor was spread after Agricola's death?
(a) He was poisoned.
(b) He commited suicide.
(c) He never fought in a battle.
(d) His triumphs were shams.
5. According to Mattingly, what belief lies in "The Agricola"?
(a) Roman destiny.
(b) Pure races.
(d) The origin of white man's burden.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Agricola do in his first year that helped Britain appreciate peace more?
2. What would help a defendant of a crime if Agricola was the judge of punishment?
3. Which German tribe(s) invaded Italy in 113 B.C.?
4. Tacitus felt what lesson was the hardest to remember in philosophy?
5. What was the outcome when the British launched a night attack on the 9th legion?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)