|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Agricola.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of the following, which power did the Roman emperor NOT possess?
(a) Ability to recall elections.
(b) Military command.
(c) Power of censorship.
(d) Initiate legislation.
2. Of the following, which title did Tacitus never hold?
3. How did Agricola's arrival in Britain differ from the usual arrival of a new governor?
(a) The auxiliaries had put on a military salute for him.
(b) The legions saluted him.
(c) There was a parade.
(d) There was no pagaentry.
4. Tacitus claimed the British military's strength was in __________.
(a) The infantry.
(b) The weaponry.
(c) The knowledge of the lands.
(d) The cavalry.
5. What rumor was spread after Agricola's death?
(a) He never fought in a battle.
(b) He commited suicide.
(c) His triumphs were shams.
(d) He was poisoned.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tacitus noted that the Germans felt which way about gold and silver?
2. What other country did Agricola want to conquer in order to surround Britain?
3. During Agricola's praetorship, his responsibility of public games can be described as __________.
4. What happened to Britain's hold after Agricola left?
5. Which Roman ruler was the first to try to conquer Britain?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)