|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Agricola.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of the following, what was more resented by the people than tax?
(a) The emperor's power.
(b) Profiteering tricks.
(c) Occupation of the Roman army.
(d) The lack of citizenship.
2. Which Roman ruler was the first to try to conquer Britain?
(a) Julius Caesar.
3. Between which years were Agricola's campaigns in Britain?
(a) 78-84 A.D.
(b) 2 A.D. - 7 A.D.
(c) 578 A.D. - 584 A.D.
(d) 53-68 A.D.
4. Tacitus credited whom for Roman successes?
(a) The enemies for their own faults.
(b) The governors of the provinces.
(c) The great line of emperors.
(d) The Roman people.
5. What major characteristic did Tacitus note about the seas around Britain?
(a) They were easy to sail and row through.
(b) The width between Britain and Spain was not as far as assumed.
(c) They rushed to the ends of the earth.
(d) They had a large expanse of tidal currents.
Short Answer Questions
1. What style of writing did Tacitus follow?
2. What memorable adventure happened to the Usipi?
3. How did Tacitus handle his political position under an emperor?
4. Tacitus felt what lesson was the hardest to remember in philosophy?
5. What was Augustus's goal as a Roman leader?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)