|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Agricola.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What lesson from others' experience did Agricola consider when he was victorious in battles?
(a) Be prepared for a possible revenge.
(b) Instilling fear in the enemy helped retain control.
(c) Injustice afterwards did not help the victory.
(d) He celebrated lavishly to show his power.
2. How did Agricola's arrival in Britain differ from the usual arrival of a new governor?
(a) There was no pagaentry.
(b) The legions saluted him.
(c) The auxiliaries had put on a military salute for him.
(d) There was a parade.
3. Agricola was brought up with an education in __________.
(a) British history.
(b) Martial arts.
(c) Liberal arts.
(d) German history.
4. How did Augustus handle the Germans?
(a) He advanced to the Elbe.
(b) He kept them at the Rhine.
(c) He advanced over the Rhine.
(d) He ignored their presence and concentrated on Britain.
5. What would help a defendant of a crime if Agricola was the judge of punishment?
(a) Genuine repentance.
(b) Willingness to give service in the Roman army.
(c) Absolute evidence of innocence.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Agricola's father get Gaius the emperor angry at him?
2. When Agricola returned to Rome, why did he intentionally return at night?
3. Tacitus claimed Domitian was ridiculed by the people for what reason?
4. What major characteristic did Tacitus note about the seas around Britain?
5. What did Domitian offer Agricola for his triumph?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)