|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Agricola.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to Britain's hold after Agricola left?
(a) Many forts were abandoned.
(b) Everything won had been lost.
(c) Little change occurred.
(d) There was a steady weakening of Roman hold.
2. With which ruler did Agricola have the most tense relationship?
3. How was Agricola's death received in general?
(a) It seemed to concern everyone.
(b) The enemies celebrated.
(c) Domitian disallowed grievance over Agricola.
(d) Many did not notice.
4. What was Rome's knowledge of Britain during Tacitus' lifetime?
(a) Complete exploration and knowledge due to Julius Caesar.
(b) They believed Britain was part of Spain.
(c) Nothing more than there were peoples there.
(d) Occasional accounts until Agricola arrived and campaigned.
5. What was Tacitus' relationship to Agricola?
(a) They had no direct relationship.
(b) He was Agricola's son.
(c) He was Agricola's son-in-law.
(d) He was Agricola's military right hand man.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Mattingly, what seems to be missing from Tacitus' accounts of Britain?
2. According to Mattingly, what was most important to Tacitus in his life?
3. During Agricola's praetorship, his responsibility of public games can be described as __________.
4. Mattingly suggests modern Germany thinks of "The Germania" in what way?
5. Where did Agricola primarily spend his time in the military?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)