|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Agricola.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Mattingly, what belief lies in "The Agricola"?
(a) The origin of white man's burden.
(b) Roman destiny.
(c) Pure races.
2. What other country did Agricola want to conquer in order to surround Britain?
3. Tacitus noted that the Germans felt which way about gold and silver?
(a) They believed gold and silver were the best metal for weaponry.
(b) They were acquired greedily by the wealthy.
(c) They had no personal taste for it.
(d) They used it for trade between Germans only.
4. How did Agricola take advantage of his first victory?
(a) He did not.
(b) He took a promotion.
(c) He asked for a parade.
(d) He took the majority of the spoils.
5. Rome's first attempt to conquer Britain can be described as __________.
(a) An easy success.
(b) A failure.
(c) The end of Celtic culture.
(d) The beginning of colonialism.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Maroboduus, the Marcomannic king?
2. Who was finally able to restore Roman prestige after years of cruel emperors?
3. What did Tacitus credit to changing the Gaul's warlike past?
4. How did Agricola's father get Gaius the emperor angry at him?
5. What lesson from others' experience did Agricola consider when he was victorious in battles?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)