|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Agricola.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Domitian offer Agricola for his triumph?
(c) A post in Germany.
(d) A parade.
2. What was the outcome when the British launched a night attack on the 9th legion?
(a) The British succeeded and brought the momentum into future battles.
(b) Despite the surprise, the sheer number outweighed the British and the 9th legion won.
(c) Agricola followed and attacked the British from the rear.
(d) The 9th legion lost many and got incorporated into Agricola's legion.
3. How was Arminius received at home after his win over Quintillius?
(a) They looked upon him suspiciously of the truth.
(b) He was paraded around.
(c) He was neither celebrated nor thought of.
(d) He was killed by his enemies that were his own countrymen.
4. When Agricola returned to Rome, why did he intentionally return at night?
(a) To surprise his wife.
(b) To avoid publicity.
(c) The parade was more fun at night.
(d) To avoid Domitian.
5. Tacitus claimed the British military's strength was in __________.
(a) The knowledge of the lands.
(b) The weaponry.
(c) The cavalry.
(d) The infantry.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Rome want to conquer Britain?
2. According to a Caledonian, what kept the Gauls and Germans under Roman rule?
3. How were officials chosen for provinces?
4. According to Mattingly, what belief lies in "The Agricola"?
5. Tired of Roman rule, under whom did the British unit to revolt while Paulinus was in Britain?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)