|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Agricola.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was Agricola's death received in general?
(a) Many did not notice.
(b) Domitian disallowed grievance over Agricola.
(c) It seemed to concern everyone.
(d) The enemies celebrated.
2. What did Tacitus credit to changing the Gaul's warlike past?
(a) Their inferiority to German warriors.
(b) Peace within Roman life.
(c) Tacitus' famous oration on peace.
3. Who was finally able to restore Roman prestige after years of cruel emperors?
4. When Cerealis became the British governor, how did Agricola prove himself to him?
(a) He stood up to Cerealis when he disagreed with a plan.
(b) He always agreed with Cerealis.
(c) He was the first to offer himself in the line of duty.
(d) He did well with army detachment missions.
5. What did Agricola not live to see?
(a) Germany cross the Rhine into Roman territory.
(b) Britain revolt and gain back all its land.
(c) Domitian seige the Senate.
(d) His daughter get married.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to the emperor of Rome?
2. Agricola called on whose help to equalize the sword fighting skills of the British?
3. What was Augustus's goal as a Roman leader?
4. Why did Tacitus feel the need to apologize for his life?
5. In the battle against the united British tribes on Mount Graupius, how did the number of fallen compare?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)