|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Agricola.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Augustus handle the Germans?
(a) He advanced to the Elbe.
(b) He ignored their presence and concentrated on Britain.
(c) He kept them at the Rhine.
(d) He advanced over the Rhine.
2. With which ruler did Agricola have the most tense relationship?
3. Tacitus summed up Agricola's features as __________.
4. What was Augustus's goal as a Roman leader?
(a) To overtake all of Britain and Ireland.
(b) To restore the Republic.
(c) To conquer and restore Roman honor.
(d) To extend the Roman Empire to twice its size.
5. Which Caledonian addressed the British men to inspire courage against the Romans?
Short Answer Questions
1. What undertone does Mattingly suggest is written in "The Agricola"?
2. Why did Tacitus feel the need to apologize for his life?
3. Tacitus believed the Germans loved what the most?
4. What lesson from others' experience did Agricola consider when he was victorious in battles?
5. Who helped Nerva bring the praetorian guards to obedience?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)