|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Agricola.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tacitus claimed the British military's strength was in __________.
(a) The knowledge of the lands.
(b) The weaponry.
(c) The infantry.
(d) The cavalry.
2. Who was finally able to restore Roman prestige after years of cruel emperors?
3. With which ruler did Agricola have the most tense relationship?
4. What rumor was spread after Agricola's death?
(a) He commited suicide.
(b) He was poisoned.
(c) His triumphs were shams.
(d) He never fought in a battle.
5. What undertone does Mattingly suggest is written in "The Agricola"?
(a) The emperor is too egocentric to see the Empire's weaknesses.
(b) Agricola single-handedly conquered Britain.
(c) A political tone of moderation.
(d) The Roman Empire should never have tried to conquer Germany.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was ruling the Roman Empire when Gallic tribes revolted against Rome and proclaimed their own empire?
2. Which German tribe(s) invaded Italy in 113 B.C.?
3. According to a Caledonian, what kept the Gauls and Germans under Roman rule?
4. Agricola was brought up with an education in __________.
5. Tired of Roman rule, under whom did the British unit to revolt while Paulinus was in Britain?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)