|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Agricola.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tacitus summed up Agricola's features as __________.
2. What did Otho's fleet do to Agricola?
(a) Murdered his mother and plundered her fortunes.
(b) Denied his power as consul and disobeyed his orders.
(c) Poisoned him.
(d) Surprise attacked him from the rear.
3. For what reason would the Romans not bother to conquer a country?
(a) It lacked good agricultural lands.
(b) It was a poor country.
(c) No reason. They would conquer any country.
(d) It did not have any form of resource.
4. What happened to Maroboduus, the Marcomannic king?
(a) He was killed in battle against Britain.
(b) He was killed by other Germans.
(c) He was killed by the Romans.
(d) He was poisoned by his wife.
5. Tacitus credited whom for Roman successes?
(a) The enemies for their own faults.
(b) The Roman people.
(c) The governors of the provinces.
(d) The great line of emperors.
Short Answer Questions
1. What political harmony did Tacitus wish to see in the Roman Republic?
2. Tacitus noted that the Germans felt which way about gold and silver?
3. What happened to the emperor of Rome?
4. Where did Rome tend to enact its rules?
5. What happened to Britain's hold after Agricola left?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)