Eight Week Quiz G
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Notes, Bibliography, and Glossary.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Agricola best known for?
(a) His diplomatic skills.
(b) His oratory skills.
(c) His tactics and forts.
(d) His ability to execute a surprise attack.
2. Where did Agricola primarily spend his time in the military?
3. What custom did Chatti boys assume until they showed their worth of birth?
(a) They worked in the home until they proved they can fight.
(b) Took their mother's name until their first war, then they were given their father's name.
(c) They shaved and showed no beard until they survived a battle.
(d) They continued to grow their hair until their first enemy kill.
4. What rumor was spread after Agricola's death?
(a) He never fought in a battle.
(b) He was poisoned.
(c) His triumphs were shams.
(d) He commited suicide.
5. Of the following, which was one way a German became a slave among his own men?
(a) Gambled his freedom away.
(b) Commited adultery.
(c) Surrendered his shield.
(d) Lacked a kill by the age of fifteen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tacitus noted that __________ were often confused with Germans by the "civilized."
2. What did Domitian offer Agricola for his triumph?
3. The beginning years of British conquest can be described as __________.
4. Tacitus criticized the Sitones more than other German tribes because of what cultural difference?
5. Tacitus believed the Germans loved what the most?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)