Eight Week Quiz A
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Introduction.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Mattingly, what was most important to Tacitus in his life?
(a) His family.
(b) His mother.
(c) His career.
(d) The reigning emperor.
2. How were officials chosen for provinces?
(a) The Senate chose for peaceful provinces and the emperor for restless ones.
(b) By the people.
(c) The emperor chose for all provinces.
(d) By the praetorian guards.
3. Who was ruling the Roman Empire when Gallic tribes revolted against Rome and proclaimed their own empire?
4. Mattingly states all of the following are "characteristic weaknesses" of ancient Germans EXCEPT what?
(c) Passion for war.
5. Which German tribe(s) invaded Italy in 113 B.C.?
(b) Cimbri and Teutoni.
Short Answer Questions
1. With which ruler did Agricola have the most tense relationship?
2. Why was so interested in German culture that he wrote about it?
3. What style of writing did Tacitus follow?
4. What happened to Maroboduus, the Marcomannic king?
5. How did Agricola's successes become so famous?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)