|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Agricola.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Domitian receive news of Agricola's successes?
(a) He was proud of his men.
(b) He was more concerned with Germany and dismissed the news.
(c) He was jealous.
(d) He was elated for some good news.
2. What did Tacitus deny existed in Germany?
(b) Domestic slavery.
3. Of the following, what was more resented by the people than tax?
(a) The lack of citizenship.
(b) Occupation of the Roman army.
(c) The emperor's power.
(d) Profiteering tricks.
4. The invasion of Italy by the Germans was __________.
(b) A slow creeping progress.
5. Tacitus felt what lesson was the hardest to remember in philosophy?
(a) A sense of proportion.
(b) Accordance between religion and humanities.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Agricola returned to Rome, why did he intentionally return at night?
2. What style of writing did Tacitus follow?
3. What other country did Agricola want to conquer in order to surround Britain?
4. How did Agricola's arrival in Britain differ from the usual arrival of a new governor?
5. What was Tacitus' relationship to Agricola?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)