|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Agricola.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to Maroboduus, the Marcomannic king?
(a) He was killed by the Romans.
(b) He was killed in battle against Britain.
(c) He was poisoned by his wife.
(d) He was killed by other Germans.
2. Which Caledonian addressed the British men to inspire courage against the Romans?
3. Mattingly suggests modern Germany thinks of "The Germania" in what way?
(a) As fictitious.
(b) As wrong and banned from the schools.
(c) As a patriotic piece.
(d) As an unofficial work without real evidence.
4. Who was ruling the Roman Empire when Gallic tribes revolted against Rome and proclaimed their own empire?
5. Tacitus summed up Agricola's features as __________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was so interested in German culture that he wrote about it?
2. When Agricola returned to Rome, why did he intentionally return at night?
3. What benefit was there for Agricola when he married Domitia Decidiana?
4. The beginning years of British conquest can be described as __________.
5. Before Tacitus' time, a person who wrote an autobiography was considered to be__________.
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)