|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Agricola.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Agricola's reaction to the first attack under his consul?
(a) He sent a messenger with a surrender's note.
(b) He asked the emperor what he should do.
(c) He decided to wait and see.
(d) He went where the action was.
2. What happened to Maroboduus, the Marcomannic king?
(a) He was poisoned by his wife.
(b) He was killed by the Romans.
(c) He was killed by other Germans.
(d) He was killed in battle against Britain.
3. According to Mattingly, what seems to be missing from Tacitus' accounts of Britain?
(a) Its geography.
(b) Agricola's role in the isle.
(c) Its culture.
(d) Its climate.
4. As stated by Mattingly, how does Tacitus compare to other historians of his age in regards to his writings about Germany?
(a) Not appreciated during his time but after his death.
(b) One of the best.
(c) He was highly appreciated during his time but less so in the present.
5. Tacitus felt what lesson was the hardest to remember in philosophy?
(a) Accordance between religion and humanities.
(d) A sense of proportion.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to a Caledonian, what kept the Gauls and Germans under Roman rule?
2. How was Arminius received at home after his win over Quintillius?
3. Agricola called on whose help to equalize the sword fighting skills of the British?
4. Agricola was brought up with an education in __________.
5. Between which years were Agricola's campaigns in Britain?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)