|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Agricola.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Agricola help rectify the treasury?
(a) He issued more coins.
(b) He understood the economy of supply and demand.
(c) He recovered stolen objects from temple robbers.
(d) He got rid of the corrupted officials in the department.
2. Tacitus claimed the British military's strength was in __________.
(a) The weaponry.
(b) The knowledge of the lands.
(c) The infantry.
(d) The cavalry.
3. Which Roman ruler was the first to try to conquer Britain?
(d) Julius Caesar.
4. What major characteristic did Tacitus note about the seas around Britain?
(a) The width between Britain and Spain was not as far as assumed.
(b) They were easy to sail and row through.
(c) They had a large expanse of tidal currents.
(d) They rushed to the ends of the earth.
5. When Cerealis became the British governor, how did Agricola prove himself to him?
(a) He did well with army detachment missions.
(b) He was the first to offer himself in the line of duty.
(c) He always agreed with Cerealis.
(d) He stood up to Cerealis when he disagreed with a plan.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Tacitus, Agricola felt it was more "honourable to __________ than to hate."
2. The beginning years of British conquest can be described as __________.
3. In the battle against the united British tribes on Mount Graupius, how did the number of fallen compare?
4. What did Tacitus credit to changing the Gaul's warlike past?
5. What did Tacitus falsely believe Britain had that was worth conquering?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)