|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Agricola.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Domitian offer Agricola for his triumph?
(a) A parade.
(d) A post in Germany.
2. In the battle against the united British tribes on Mount Graupius, how did the number of fallen compare?
(a) 360 British, 10,000 Romans.
(b) 1000 British, 1000 Romans.
(c) 10,000 British, 360 Romans.
(d) 500 British, 300 Romans.
3. Which Caledonian addressed the British men to inspire courage against the Romans?
4. Despite a quiet retirement, why did many ask Agricola to return to duty?
(a) Tacitus actively promoted the idea to everyone.
(b) He was the only one who kept Domitian in line.
(c) He was charming and convincing with the enemy.
(d) The other generals were failures.
5. What other country did Agricola want to conquer in order to surround Britain?
Short Answer Questions
1. How was Arminius received at home after his win over Quintillius?
2. As stated by Mattingly, how does Tacitus compare to other historians of his age in regards to his writings about Germany?
3. What did Tacitus deny existed in Germany?
4. What did Tacitus credit to changing the Gaul's warlike past?
5. Agricola called on whose help to equalize the sword fighting skills of the British?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)