|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Agricola.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Agricola stand when fighting with his men?
(a) In the back.
(b) He did not fight in the battlegrounds.
(c) In the middle as his men surrounded him.
(d) In the very front.
2. How do modern historians identify Agricola's permanent forts?
(a) By Trajan's detailed accounts.
(b) By Mattingly's history research.
(c) By Tacitus' detailed accounts.
(d) Through archaelogical excavation.
3. How were officials chosen for provinces?
(a) By the praetorian guards.
(b) The emperor chose for all provinces.
(c) By the people.
(d) The Senate chose for peaceful provinces and the emperor for restless ones.
4. What memorable adventure happened to the Usipi?
(a) They sailed around North Britain, starved and were mistaken as pirates.
(b) They ran into the Fenni and were almost eaten by them.
(c) They almost drowned in stormy seas off the coast of Britain.
(d) They had the best victory over Roman legions in history.
5. Despite a quiet retirement, why did many ask Agricola to return to duty?
(a) The other generals were failures.
(b) Tacitus actively promoted the idea to everyone.
(c) He was charming and convincing with the enemy.
(d) He was the only one who kept Domitian in line.
Short Answer Questions
1. What undertone does Mattingly suggest is written in "The Agricola"?
2. What rumor was spread after Agricola's death?
3. Tacitus believed the Germans loved what the most?
4. What lesson from others' experience did Agricola consider when he was victorious in battles?
5. How was Arminius received at home after his win over Quintillius?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)