|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Agricola.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Tacitus handle his political position under an emperor?
(a) Followed loyally, despite his own feelings.
(b) Unwavering with his own stance.
(c) Believed in whatever the emperor believed in.
(d) Usually manipulated the officials of the emperor to take his stance.
2. Of the following, what was most upsetting for Tacitus in regards to Agricola's death?
(a) Agricola suffered a long and painful death.
(b) Agricola did not get to meet his grandchildren.
(c) He could not be with Agricola in his time of death.
(d) No one was able to find the true murderer.
3. Where did Agricola stand when fighting with his men?
(a) In the back.
(b) In the very front.
(c) In the middle as his men surrounded him.
(d) He did not fight in the battlegrounds.
4. What undertone does Mattingly suggest is written in "The Agricola"?
(a) Agricola single-handedly conquered Britain.
(b) The Roman Empire should never have tried to conquer Germany.
(c) The emperor is too egocentric to see the Empire's weaknesses.
(d) A political tone of moderation.
5. How did Agricola take advantage of his first victory?
(a) He did not.
(b) He took a promotion.
(c) He took the majority of the spoils.
(d) He asked for a parade.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tacitus noted that __________ were often confused with Germans by the "civilized."
2. Where did Agricola primarily spend his time in the military?
3. What was Agricola's reaction to the first attack under his consul?
4. What was one way a non-native established Roman citizenship?
5. Which German tribe(s) invaded Italy in 113 B.C.?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)