|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Agricola.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What undertone does Mattingly suggest is written in "The Agricola"?
(a) The Roman Empire should never have tried to conquer Germany.
(b) Agricola single-handedly conquered Britain.
(c) A political tone of moderation.
(d) The emperor is too egocentric to see the Empire's weaknesses.
2. Who helped Nerva bring the praetorian guards to obedience?
3. The invasion of Italy by the Germans was __________.
(c) A slow creeping progress.
4. Why did Tacitus provide so much British history in "The Agricola"?
(a) It showed how the Roman Empire improved British lives.
(b) It was a warning to the Roman Empire of their dangerous presence.
(c) It compared how much Agricola did for the Empire.
(d) It showed how British history influenced Roman culture.
5. Where did Agricola stand when fighting with his men?
(a) In the very front.
(b) In the back.
(c) In the middle as his men surrounded him.
(d) He did not fight in the battlegrounds.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Agricola take advantage of his first victory?
2. What was one way a non-native established Roman citizenship?
3. Between which years were Agricola's campaigns in Britain?
4. How did Agricola help rectify the treasury?
5. What was Agricola's motivation to conquer Britain?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)