|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Agricola.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With which ruler did Agricola have the most tense relationship?
2. What memorable adventure happened to the Usipi?
(a) They sailed around North Britain, starved and were mistaken as pirates.
(b) They almost drowned in stormy seas off the coast of Britain.
(c) They had the best victory over Roman legions in history.
(d) They ran into the Fenni and were almost eaten by them.
3. Between which years were Agricola's campaigns in Britain?
(a) 578 A.D. - 584 A.D.
(b) 78-84 A.D.
(c) 2 A.D. - 7 A.D.
(d) 53-68 A.D.
4. What did Tacitus credit to changing the Gaul's warlike past?
(b) Peace within Roman life.
(c) Their inferiority to German warriors.
(d) Tacitus' famous oration on peace.
5. Tacitus credited whom for Roman successes?
(a) The great line of emperors.
(b) The enemies for their own faults.
(c) The Roman people.
(d) The governors of the provinces.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Rome tend to enact its rules?
2. Of the following, which power did the Roman emperor NOT possess?
3. How was Arminius received at home after his win over Quintillius?
4. Why did Rome want to conquer Britain?
5. What style of writing did Tacitus follow?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)