|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Agricola.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What political harmony did Tacitus wish to see in the Roman Republic?
(a) The Senate and the Praetorian Guards.
(b) The Roman Empire and the German tribes.
(c) Harmony between the Emperor and Senate.
(d) Autocracy and freedom.
2. How did the British help the Romans succeed in conquering more regions?
(a) The British allied with the Romans on campaigns into Germany.
(b) The British underestimated the Roman leaders and was not prepared for war.
(c) The British tribes fought against one another.
(d) The British were fooled to give away their horses to the Romans.
3. Of the following, what was most upsetting for Tacitus in regards to Agricola's death?
(a) He could not be with Agricola in his time of death.
(b) No one was able to find the true murderer.
(c) Agricola did not get to meet his grandchildren.
(d) Agricola suffered a long and painful death.
4. In the battle against the united British tribes on Mount Graupius, how did the number of fallen compare?
(a) 360 British, 10,000 Romans.
(b) 500 British, 300 Romans.
(c) 10,000 British, 360 Romans.
(d) 1000 British, 1000 Romans.
5. Tacitus claimed Domitian was ridiculed by the people for what reason?
(a) A fake triumph in Britain.
(b) His wife commited adultery.
(c) A fake triumph in Germany.
(d) His son was a coward in battle.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what reason would the Romans not bother to conquer a country?
2. How do modern historians identify Agricola's permanent forts?
3. Who was ruling the Roman Empire when Gallic tribes revolted against Rome and proclaimed their own empire?
4. What memorable adventure happened to the Usipi?
5. What undertone does Mattingly suggest is written in "The Agricola"?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)