|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Agricola.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What political harmony did Tacitus wish to see in the Roman Republic?
(a) The Roman Empire and the German tribes.
(b) Harmony between the Emperor and Senate.
(c) Autocracy and freedom.
(d) The Senate and the Praetorian Guards.
2. During Agricola's praetorship, his responsibility of public games can be described as __________.
(a) Strictly prohibitive.
(b) Too sparse in public opinion.
(d) A happy medium.
3. How did Agricola take advantage of his first victory?
(a) He asked for a parade.
(b) He took the majority of the spoils.
(c) He did not.
(d) He took a promotion.
4. What did Domitian offer Agricola for his triumph?
(b) A post in Germany.
(c) A parade.
5. How did Domitian receive news of Agricola's successes?
(a) He was jealous.
(b) He was proud of his men.
(c) He was elated for some good news.
(d) He was more concerned with Germany and dismissed the news.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to the emperor of Rome?
2. The beginning years of British conquest can be described as __________.
3. What benefit was there for Agricola when he married Domitia Decidiana?
4. For what reason would the Romans not bother to conquer a country?
5. How was Arminius received at home after his win over Quintillius?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)