|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Agricola.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Agricola's successes become so famous?
(a) Through Tacitus' writings.
(b) The number of archaelogical evidence of his forts.
(c) Trajan wrote a famous eulogy.
(d) Via Domitian's excessive praise.
2. What was one way a non-native established Roman citizenship?
(a) Worked in the emperor's household.
(b) Enlisted in the army.
(c) Gave useful military information.
(d) Became a slave for seven years.
3. Where did Agricola primarily spend his time in the military?
4. What did Domitian offer Agricola for his triumph?
(a) A post in Germany.
(c) A parade.
5. Where did Rome tend to enact its rules?
(a) In the conquered colonies.
(b) In the cities and money classes.
(c) Amongst the impoverished rural areas.
(d) They were unsuccessful in doing so.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Rome's knowledge of Britain during Tacitus' lifetime?
2. What was Agricola's reaction to the first attack under his consul?
3. What did Agricola do in his first year that helped Britain appreciate peace more?
4. Of the following, which title did Tacitus never hold?
5. What was Agricola's motivation to conquer Britain?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)