|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Agricola.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Tacitus credit to changing the Gaul's warlike past?
(a) Peace within Roman life.
(b) Their inferiority to German warriors.
(d) Tacitus' famous oration on peace.
2. During Agricola's praetorship, his responsibility of public games can be described as __________.
(a) Strictly prohibitive.
(b) Too sparse in public opinion.
(c) A happy medium.
3. Who helped Nerva bring the praetorian guards to obedience?
4. How do modern historians identify Agricola's permanent forts?
(a) Through archaelogical excavation.
(b) By Trajan's detailed accounts.
(c) By Tacitus' detailed accounts.
(d) By Mattingly's history research.
5. What other country did Agricola want to conquer in order to surround Britain?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the outcome when the British launched a night attack on the 9th legion?
2. Tacitus noted that the Germans felt which way about gold and silver?
3. Where did Rome tend to enact its rules?
4. What style of writing did Tacitus follow?
5. How did Agricola help rectify the treasury?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)