|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Agricola.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mattingly states all of the following are "characteristic weaknesses" of ancient Germans EXCEPT what?
(b) Passion for war.
2. Who helped Nerva bring the praetorian guards to obedience?
3. Tacitus credited whom for Roman successes?
(a) The enemies for their own faults.
(b) The great line of emperors.
(c) The Roman people.
(d) The governors of the provinces.
4. Why did Tacitus feel the need to apologize for his life?
(a) He was a Senator during tyranny.
(b) He lacked in military success.
(c) He failed to prevent Agricola's poisoning.
(d) He failed to be as great as Agricola.
5. What style of writing did Tacitus follow?
(b) Brief and poetic.
(c) Stream of conscious.
Short Answer Questions
1. Between which years was Tacitus alive?
2. The beginning years of British conquest can be described as __________.
3. What benefit was there for Agricola when he married Domitia Decidiana?
4. According to Mattingly, what was most important to Tacitus in his life?
5. How did Agricola help rectify the treasury?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)