|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Agricola.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The invasion of Italy by the Germans was __________.
(b) A slow creeping progress.
2. What was Agricola best known for?
(a) His ability to execute a surprise attack.
(b) His tactics and forts.
(c) His oratory skills.
(d) His diplomatic skills.
3. Of the following, which title did Tacitus never hold?
4. Why did Rome want to conquer Britain?
(a) For revenge.
(b) For their knowledge of arms.
(c) For their gold and silver.
(d) Purely for victory over more lands.
5. Agricola called on whose help to equalize the sword fighting skills of the British?
(a) The cavalry.
(b) The Batavians and Tungrians.
(c) The Praetorian Guards.
(d) The Gauls.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tired of Roman rule, under whom did the British unit to revolt while Paulinus was in Britain?
2. What was Agricola's motivation to conquer Britain?
3. According to Mattingly, what was most important to Tacitus in his life?
4. In Agricola's third year in Britain, he focused on what in particular?
5. What was Tacitus' relationship to Agricola?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)