|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Agricola.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Tacitus falsely believe Britain had that was worth conquering?
(a) Good farming lands.
(b) Gold and silver.
(d) Excellent cattle and sheep.
2. Which Caledonian addressed the British men to inspire courage against the Romans?
3. Tacitus credited whom for Roman successes?
(a) The governors of the provinces.
(b) The Roman people.
(c) The enemies for their own faults.
(d) The great line of emperors.
4. Tacitus claimed the British military's strength was in __________.
(a) The cavalry.
(b) The infantry.
(c) The weaponry.
(d) The knowledge of the lands.
5. In the Introduction, Mattingly claims the Germans needed what if they were to ever reach maturity?
(a) Roman discipline.
(b) A united kingdom.
(c) Power over drinking.
(d) A fierce ruler.
Short Answer Questions
1. What rumor was spread after Agricola's death?
2. For what reason would the Romans not bother to conquer a country?
3. What happened to Maroboduus, the Marcomannic king?
4. How did Agricola's arrival in Britain differ from the usual arrival of a new governor?
5. During Agricola's praetorship, his responsibility of public games can be described as __________.
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)