|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Agricola.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Augustus handle the Germans?
(a) He advanced to the Elbe.
(b) He kept them at the Rhine.
(c) He ignored their presence and concentrated on Britain.
(d) He advanced over the Rhine.
2. Tacitus noted that __________ were often confused with Germans by the "civilized."
(a) The Osi.
(b) The Celtics.
(c) The Gauls.
(d) The Spaniards.
3. How did Agricola's successes become so famous?
(a) The number of archaelogical evidence of his forts.
(b) Through Tacitus' writings.
(c) Via Domitian's excessive praise.
(d) Trajan wrote a famous eulogy.
4. During Agricola's praetorship, his responsibility of public games can be described as __________.
(a) Too sparse in public opinion.
(c) Strictly prohibitive.
(d) A happy medium.
5. Before Tacitus' time, a person who wrote an autobiography was considered to be__________.
(d) Not worth reading about.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Otho's fleet do to Agricola?
2. Why was so interested in German culture that he wrote about it?
3. In the Introduction, Mattingly claims the Germans needed what if they were to ever reach maturity?
4. Tacitus summed up Agricola's features as __________.
5. What lesson from others' experience did Agricola consider when he was victorious in battles?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)