|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Agricola.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Mattingly, what belief lies in "The Agricola"?
(a) Pure races.
(c) The origin of white man's burden.
(d) Roman destiny.
2. What did Agricola not live to see?
(a) Germany cross the Rhine into Roman territory.
(b) His daughter get married.
(c) Domitian seige the Senate.
(d) Britain revolt and gain back all its land.
3. Tacitus claimed the British military's strength was in __________.
(a) The weaponry.
(b) The cavalry.
(c) The infantry.
(d) The knowledge of the lands.
4. What happened to the emperor of Rome?
(b) Understood the significance of the Senate during his reign.
(c) Died in old age.
(d) Killed in battle.
5. According to Mattingly, what seems to be missing from Tacitus' accounts of Britain?
(a) Agricola's role in the isle.
(b) Its climate.
(c) Its culture.
(d) Its geography.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tacitus believed the Germans loved what the most?
2. What did Otho's fleet do to Agricola?
3. When Agricola returned to Rome, why did he intentionally return at night?
4. Tacitus noted that __________ were often confused with Germans by the "civilized."
5. What happened to Britain's hold after Agricola left?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)