|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Agricola.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What style of writing did Tacitus follow?
(b) Brief and poetic.
(c) Stream of conscious.
2. What did Agricola not live to see?
(a) His daughter get married.
(b) Germany cross the Rhine into Roman territory.
(c) Britain revolt and gain back all its land.
(d) Domitian seige the Senate.
3. What was Agricola's motivation to conquer Britain?
(a) He wanted to impress his father.
(b) He wanted to get the emperor jealous.
(c) Roman destiny.
(d) He wanted a triumph.
4. During Agricola's praetorship, his responsibility of public games can be described as __________.
(b) A happy medium.
(c) Too sparse in public opinion.
(d) Strictly prohibitive.
5. What memorable adventure happened to the Usipi?
(a) They almost drowned in stormy seas off the coast of Britain.
(b) They sailed around North Britain, starved and were mistaken as pirates.
(c) They ran into the Fenni and were almost eaten by them.
(d) They had the best victory over Roman legions in history.
Short Answer Questions
1. Between which years were Agricola's campaigns in Britain?
2. What benefit was there for Agricola when he married Domitia Decidiana?
3. What undertone does Mattingly suggest is written in "The Agricola"?
4. Agricola called on whose help to equalize the sword fighting skills of the British?
5. What was Rome's knowledge of Britain during Tacitus' lifetime?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)