|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Germania.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of the following, which was one way a German became a slave among his own men?
(a) Lacked a kill by the age of fifteen.
(b) Commited adultery.
(c) Surrendered his shield.
(d) Gambled his freedom away.
2. How did Agricola take advantage of his first victory?
(a) He did not.
(b) He took a promotion.
(c) He asked for a parade.
(d) He took the majority of the spoils.
3. What undertone does Mattingly suggest is written in "The Agricola"?
(a) A political tone of moderation.
(b) The emperor is too egocentric to see the Empire's weaknesses.
(c) The Roman Empire should never have tried to conquer Germany.
(d) Agricola single-handedly conquered Britain.
4. How did Augustus handle the Germans?
(a) He advanced over the Rhine.
(b) He advanced to the Elbe.
(c) He kept them at the Rhine.
(d) He ignored their presence and concentrated on Britain.
5. What was an obligation of a follower to a German chief in addition to protecting him?
(a) Let the chief have the follower's credit of heroism.
(b) Protect the chief's family as well.
(c) Give a portion of his spoils to the chief after a pillage.
(d) Let the chief have his daughter in marriage.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were the Germans' choice of arms?
2. What happened to Maroboduus, the Marcomannic king?
3. Of the following, what was more resented by the people than tax?
4. What was Agricola best known for?
5. Who were the first to be known as Germani?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)