|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Germania.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the battle against the united British tribes on Mount Graupius, how did the number of fallen compare?
(a) 360 British, 10,000 Romans.
(b) 10,000 British, 360 Romans.
(c) 500 British, 300 Romans.
(d) 1000 British, 1000 Romans.
2. What style of writing did Tacitus follow?
(b) Stream of conscious.
(c) Brief and poetic.
3. What did Agricola not live to see?
(a) Germany cross the Rhine into Roman territory.
(b) His daughter get married.
(c) Britain revolt and gain back all its land.
(d) Domitian seige the Senate.
4. How were officials chosen for provinces?
(a) By the praetorian guards.
(b) The Senate chose for peaceful provinces and the emperor for restless ones.
(c) By the people.
(d) The emperor chose for all provinces.
5. What was one way a non-native established Roman citizenship?
(a) Enlisted in the army.
(b) Became a slave for seven years.
(c) Worked in the emperor's household.
(d) Gave useful military information.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Augustus handle the Germans?
2. What was an obligation of a follower to a German chief in addition to protecting him?
3. What memorable adventure happened to the Usipi?
4. Tired of Roman rule, under whom did the British unit to revolt while Paulinus was in Britain?
5. Agricola called on whose help to equalize the sword fighting skills of the British?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)