|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Germania.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Agricola primarily spend his time in the military?
2. Tired of Roman rule, under whom did the British unit to revolt while Paulinus was in Britain?
(a) King Cogidumnus.
3. According to Mattingly, what seems to be missing from Tacitus' accounts of Britain?
(a) Its geography.
(b) Agricola's role in the isle.
(c) Its climate.
(d) Its culture.
4. What held back efficiency in a German assembly of chiefs?
(a) Lack of punctuality.
(c) Lack of leadership.
5. Who was ruling the Roman Empire when Gallic tribes revolted against Rome and proclaimed their own empire?
Short Answer Questions
1. What weakness did Germans have that according to Tacitus made them easily defeated?
2. Tacitus criticized the Germans' agriculture calendar because of what?
3. How did Agricola take advantage of his first victory?
4. Tacitus felt the only form of wealth Germans had was __________.
5. During assembly, how did the Germans show respectful agreement?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)