|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Germania.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was finally able to restore Roman prestige after years of cruel emperors?
2. What did Germans fear for their women?
(b) An impoverished life.
3. What undertone does Mattingly suggest is written in "The Agricola"?
(a) The emperor is too egocentric to see the Empire's weaknesses.
(b) Agricola single-handedly conquered Britain.
(c) A political tone of moderation.
(d) The Roman Empire should never have tried to conquer Germany.
4. How could a German chief show prestige and power?
(a) By his retinue.
(b) By the beauty of his horse.
(c) In his number of kills.
(d) By his possession of gold.
5. What was a common duty for German men to do when not partaking in war?
(a) Start a war.
(b) Be involved in politics.
(d) Be involved in philosophy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the outcome when the British launched a night attack on the 9th legion?
2. What rumor was spread after Agricola's death?
3. What did Agricola not live to see?
4. How did Agricola help rectify the treasury?
5. What was Agricola best known for?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)