|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Germania.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of the following, which was one way a German became a slave among his own men?
(a) Lacked a kill by the age of fifteen.
(b) Surrendered his shield.
(c) Gambled his freedom away.
(d) Commited adultery.
2. Which Caledonian addressed the British men to inspire courage against the Romans?
3. How did the public feel about Agricola's role in Britain?
(a) They believed he was a puppet of Domitian.
(b) They were in favor of his work.
(c) They felt he was a failure in his campaigns.
(d) They thought he was too soft with the British.
4. What major characteristic did Tacitus note about the seas around Britain?
(a) They rushed to the ends of the earth.
(b) They had a large expanse of tidal currents.
(c) The width between Britain and Spain was not as far as assumed.
(d) They were easy to sail and row through.
5. According to Mattingly, what belief lies in "The Agricola"?
(a) Roman destiny.
(b) Pure races.
(d) The origin of white man's burden.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what reason would the Romans not bother to conquer a country?
2. Of all the German tribes, which held the greatest in number?
3. How was Agricola's death received in general?
4. What special privilege did the Hermundui have in the Roman Empire?
5. What did Tacitus claim was the purpose of "baritus"?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)