|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Germania.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What weakness did Germans have that according to Tacitus made them easily defeated?
(a) Lack of seriousness.
(b) Grudges against one another.
(d) Intemperance of drink.
2. According to Tacitus, Agricola felt it was more "honourable to __________ than to hate."
(c) Be loyal.
3. How were ancient German records kept?
(a) In picture form.
(b) Through priests.
(c) In songs.
(d) In storytelling.
4. Tacitus credited whom for Roman successes?
(a) The Roman people.
(b) The enemies for their own faults.
(c) The great line of emperors.
(d) The governors of the provinces.
5. The British speech Tacitus paraphrased in "The Agricola" that was used to rally against the Romans can be summed up in which statement?
(a) Action speaks louder than words.
(b) A house divided against itself cannot stand.
(c) Show the Romans they are biting off more than they can chew.
(d) The Romans are all bark and no bite.
Short Answer Questions
1. What unique characteristic was observed in the Germans' holy places?
2. The invasion of Italy by the Germans was __________.
3. What was Tacitus' relationship to Agricola?
4. What happened to the emperor of Rome?
5. According to Mattingly, what seems to be missing from Tacitus' accounts of Britain?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)