|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Germania.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Agricola help rectify the treasury?
(a) He recovered stolen objects from temple robbers.
(b) He understood the economy of supply and demand.
(c) He issued more coins.
(d) He got rid of the corrupted officials in the department.
2. How did the German tribe Ubii show pride in being a Roman colony?
(a) They voluntarily gave agricultural gifts at harvest.
(b) They kept out intruders at the Rhine.
(c) They wore togas.
(d) They took on new Roman names.
3. Before Tacitus' time, a person who wrote an autobiography was considered to be__________.
(a) Not worth reading about.
4. When Cerealis became the British governor, how did Agricola prove himself to him?
(a) He did well with army detachment missions.
(b) He was the first to offer himself in the line of duty.
(c) He stood up to Cerealis when he disagreed with a plan.
(d) He always agreed with Cerealis.
5. Of the following, which power did the Roman emperor NOT possess?
(a) Power of censorship.
(b) Initiate legislation.
(c) Ability to recall elections.
(d) Military command.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Agricola's third year in Britain, he focused on what in particular?
2. What was Agricola best known for?
3. When Agricola returned to Rome, why did he intentionally return at night?
4. As stated by Mattingly, how does Tacitus compare to other historians of his age in regards to his writings about Germany?
5. What custom did Chatti boys assume until they showed their worth of birth?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)