|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Germania.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before Tacitus' time, a person who wrote an autobiography was considered to be__________.
(b) Not worth reading about.
2. How do modern historians identify Agricola's permanent forts?
(a) Through archaelogical excavation.
(b) By Trajan's detailed accounts.
(c) By Mattingly's history research.
(d) By Tacitus' detailed accounts.
3. How was Arminius received at home after his win over Quintillius?
(a) He was killed by his enemies that were his own countrymen.
(b) He was neither celebrated nor thought of.
(c) They looked upon him suspiciously of the truth.
(d) He was paraded around.
4. What happened to Britain's hold after Agricola left?
(a) There was a steady weakening of Roman hold.
(b) Little change occurred.
(c) Everything won had been lost.
(d) Many forts were abandoned.
5. Mattingly believes Tacitus underrated what about Rome and Germany's relationship?
(a) Their influence of advancing weaponry in each other's culture.
(b) The amount of trade that occurred.
(c) The equal influence of religious culture on one another.
(d) The diplomatic assemblies that occurred without violence.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Tacitus, Agricola felt it was more "honourable to __________ than to hate."
2. What was so unique about the German tribe Chauci?
3. How did Agricola's father get Gaius the emperor angry at him?
4. Of the following, which power did the Roman emperor NOT possess?
5. What was necessary for the German people to keep tabs in hierarchy?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)