|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Germania.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In German culture, what did undergarments indicate?
(b) Social norm.
2. Without proper weapons, shelter, or horses, Tacitus described the Fenni as __________.
(a) Well content.
3. How was Agricola's death received in general?
(a) The enemies celebrated.
(b) It seemed to concern everyone.
(c) Domitian disallowed grievance over Agricola.
(d) Many did not notice.
4. The British speech Tacitus paraphrased in "The Agricola" that was used to rally against the Romans can be summed up in which statement?
(a) A house divided against itself cannot stand.
(b) Action speaks louder than words.
(c) Show the Romans they are biting off more than they can chew.
(d) The Romans are all bark and no bite.
5. When Agricola returned to Rome, why did he intentionally return at night?
(a) To surprise his wife.
(b) To avoid Domitian.
(c) To avoid publicity.
(d) The parade was more fun at night.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Agricola's father get Gaius the emperor angry at him?
2. Who was ruling the Roman Empire when Gallic tribes revolted against Rome and proclaimed their own empire?
3. Despite a quiet retirement, why did many ask Agricola to return to duty?
4. What major characteristic did Tacitus note about the seas around Britain?
5. What did Agricola do in his first year that helped Britain appreciate peace more?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)