|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Germania.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do modern historians identify Agricola's permanent forts?
(a) By Tacitus' detailed accounts.
(b) Through archaelogical excavation.
(c) By Mattingly's history research.
(d) By Trajan's detailed accounts.
2. Tacitus summed up Agricola's features as __________.
3. According to a Caledonian, what kept the Gauls and Germans under Roman rule?
(a) Terror and intimidation.
(b) The benefits under Roman rule.
(c) Lack of warfare experience.
4. Which German tribe(s) invaded Italy in 113 B.C.?
(a) Cimbri and Teutoni.
5. What undertone does Mattingly suggest is written in "The Agricola"?
(a) The emperor is too egocentric to see the Empire's weaknesses.
(b) The Roman Empire should never have tried to conquer Germany.
(c) A political tone of moderation.
(d) Agricola single-handedly conquered Britain.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was necessary for the German people to keep tabs in hierarchy?
2. Of the following, which was one way a German became a slave among his own men?
3. Despite a quiet retirement, why did many ask Agricola to return to duty?
4. How did Tacitus distinguish some tribes as German and not Sarmations?
5. What was so unique about the German tribe Chauci?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)