|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Germania.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was ruling the Roman Empire when Gallic tribes revolted against Rome and proclaimed their own empire?
2. Although feuds between families passed on to heirs, what reconciled them?
(a) Enough cattle and sheep.
(b) An arranged marriage to unite the two families.
(c) Enough gold and silver.
(d) A fair duel.
3. What was an obligation of a follower to a German chief in addition to protecting him?
(a) Let the chief have the follower's credit of heroism.
(b) Protect the chief's family as well.
(c) Let the chief have his daughter in marriage.
(d) Give a portion of his spoils to the chief after a pillage.
4. Who got to voice their opinions in major affairs in German tribes?
(a) Chiefs only.
(b) The whole community.
(c) The women.
(d) The generals.
5. Agricola called on whose help to equalize the sword fighting skills of the British?
(a) The cavalry.
(b) The Praetorian Guards.
(c) The Batavians and Tungrians.
(d) The Gauls.
Short Answer Questions
1. The beginning years of British conquest can be described as __________.
2. What would help a defendant of a crime if Agricola was the judge of punishment?
3. Why was so interested in German culture that he wrote about it?
4. Tacitus felt what lesson was the hardest to remember in philosophy?
5. How did the German tribe Ubii show pride in being a Roman colony?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)