|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Germania.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were the Germans' choice of arms?
(a) Battle axes.
2. Tacitus criticized the Germans' agriculture calendar because of what?
(a) They used the lunar calendar.
(b) They only had two seasons.
(c) They did not consider autumn.
(d) They could not grow wheat.
3. What was an obligation of a follower to a German chief in addition to protecting him?
(a) Let the chief have the follower's credit of heroism.
(b) Give a portion of his spoils to the chief after a pillage.
(c) Let the chief have his daughter in marriage.
(d) Protect the chief's family as well.
4. What was the outcome when the British launched a night attack on the 9th legion?
(a) The 9th legion lost many and got incorporated into Agricola's legion.
(b) Agricola followed and attacked the British from the rear.
(c) The British succeeded and brought the momentum into future battles.
(d) Despite the surprise, the sheer number outweighed the British and the 9th legion won.
5. Why did Tacitus feel the need to apologize for his life?
(a) He was a Senator during tyranny.
(b) He failed to prevent Agricola's poisoning.
(c) He failed to be as great as Agricola.
(d) He lacked in military success.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Agricola do in his first year that helped Britain appreciate peace more?
2. Where did Agricola stand when fighting with his men?
3. What rumor was spread after Agricola's death?
4. What would help a defendant of a crime if Agricola was the judge of punishment?
5. What benefit was there for Agricola when he married Domitia Decidiana?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)