|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Germania.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In German culture, what did undergarments indicate?
(b) Social norm.
2. What style of writing did Tacitus follow?
(a) Brief and poetic.
(d) Stream of conscious.
3. Despite a quiet retirement, why did many ask Agricola to return to duty?
(a) The other generals were failures.
(b) He was the only one who kept Domitian in line.
(c) Tacitus actively promoted the idea to everyone.
(d) He was charming and convincing with the enemy.
4. How were the Germans' squadrons grouped?
(a) By general's choice.
(b) By number of previous kills.
(d) By family or clan.
5. During assembly, how did the Germans show respectful agreement?
(a) Clashed their weapons.
(b) Nodded their heads.
(c) Said "Ja."
(d) Kept silence.
Short Answer Questions
1. What memorable adventure happened to the Usipi?
2. German strength in fighting was best seen in their __________.
3. What were the Germans' choice of arms?
4. What was Rome's knowledge of Britain during Tacitus' lifetime?
5. Tacitus felt what lesson was the hardest to remember in philosophy?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)