|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Germania.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How were ancient German records kept?
(a) In picture form.
(b) Through priests.
(c) In storytelling.
(d) In songs.
2. Mattingly believes Tacitus underrated what about Rome and Germany's relationship?
(a) The equal influence of religious culture on one another.
(b) Their influence of advancing weaponry in each other's culture.
(c) The amount of trade that occurred.
(d) The diplomatic assemblies that occurred without violence.
3. Who helped Nerva bring the praetorian guards to obedience?
4. How do modern historians identify Agricola's permanent forts?
(a) Through archaelogical excavation.
(b) By Mattingly's history research.
(c) By Tacitus' detailed accounts.
(d) By Trajan's detailed accounts.
5. Where did Agricola stand when fighting with his men?
(a) In the middle as his men surrounded him.
(b) In the very front.
(c) In the back.
(d) He did not fight in the battlegrounds.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the outcome when the British launched a night attack on the 9th legion?
2. For what reason would the Romans not bother to conquer a country?
3. Tacitus noted that __________ were often confused with Germans by the "civilized."
4. Why did Tacitus feel the need to apologize for his life?
5. Mattingly suggests modern Germany thinks of "The Germania" in what way?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)