|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Germania.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tacitus noted that __________ were often confused with Germans by the "civilized."
(a) The Gauls.
(b) The Osi.
(c) The Celtics.
(d) The Spaniards.
2. Tacitus felt the only form of wealth Germans had was __________.
(b) Their population number.
(c) Cereal crops.
3. Despite a quiet retirement, why did many ask Agricola to return to duty?
(a) The other generals were failures.
(b) He was the only one who kept Domitian in line.
(c) He was charming and convincing with the enemy.
(d) Tacitus actively promoted the idea to everyone.
4. Mattingly states all of the following are "characteristic weaknesses" of ancient Germans EXCEPT what?
(d) Passion for war.
5. What happened to Britain's hold after Agricola left?
(a) Little change occurred.
(b) Many forts were abandoned.
(c) There was a steady weakening of Roman hold.
(d) Everything won had been lost.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Mattingly, what seems to be missing from Tacitus' accounts of Britain?
2. What did Germans fear for their women?
3. The Chatti showed steady courage in warfare through what?
4. According to a Caledonian, what kept the Gauls and Germans under Roman rule?
5. The beginning years of British conquest can be described as __________.
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)