|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Germania.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tacitus summed up Agricola's features as __________.
2. Which Roman ruler was the first to try to conquer Britain?
(c) Julius Caesar.
3. Who was ruling the Roman Empire when Gallic tribes revolted against Rome and proclaimed their own empire?
4. How did Agricola help rectify the treasury?
(a) He got rid of the corrupted officials in the department.
(b) He understood the economy of supply and demand.
(c) He recovered stolen objects from temple robbers.
(d) He issued more coins.
5. As stated by Mattingly, how does Tacitus compare to other historians of his age in regards to his writings about Germany?
(b) Not appreciated during his time but after his death.
(c) He was highly appreciated during his time but less so in the present.
(d) One of the best.
Short Answer Questions
1. The beginning years of British conquest can be described as __________.
2. How did Augustus handle the Germans?
3. What did Tacitus deny existed in Germany?
4. Of all the German tribes, which held the greatest in number?
5. What was a common duty for German men to do when not partaking in war?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)