|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Germania.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were the Germans' choice of arms?
(d) Battle axes.
2. According to Mattingly, what was most important to Tacitus in his life?
(a) His family.
(b) The reigning emperor.
(c) His career.
(d) His mother.
3. What historic figure was known to visit Germany and found the city Asciburgium?
4. How do modern historians identify Agricola's permanent forts?
(a) By Trajan's detailed accounts.
(b) Through archaelogical excavation.
(c) By Mattingly's history research.
(d) By Tacitus' detailed accounts.
5. With which ruler did Agricola have the most tense relationship?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Agricola best known for?
2. Of all the German tribes, which held the greatest in number?
3. In addition to omens in a bird's flight, what other ways did Germans read omens and warnings?
4. Agricola called on whose help to equalize the sword fighting skills of the British?
5. What custom did Chatti boys assume until they showed their worth of birth?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)