|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Germania.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of the following, which title did Tacitus never hold?
2. What was one way a non-native established Roman citizenship?
(a) Enlisted in the army.
(b) Worked in the emperor's household.
(c) Gave useful military information.
(d) Became a slave for seven years.
3. How do modern historians identify Agricola's permanent forts?
(a) By Mattingly's history research.
(b) By Tacitus' detailed accounts.
(c) By Trajan's detailed accounts.
(d) Through archaelogical excavation.
4. Why did Rome want to conquer Britain?
(a) Purely for victory over more lands.
(b) For revenge.
(c) For their knowledge of arms.
(d) For their gold and silver.
5. Rome's first attempt to conquer Britain can be described as __________.
(a) A failure.
(b) An easy success.
(c) The end of Celtic culture.
(d) The beginning of colonialism.
Short Answer Questions
1. The invasion of Italy by the Germans was __________.
2. What lesson from others' experience did Agricola consider when he was victorious in battles?
3. How did Agricola's successes become so famous?
4. Of the following, what was most upsetting for Tacitus in regards to Agricola's death?
5. How did Agricola's arrival in Britain differ from the usual arrival of a new governor?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)