|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Germania.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tacitus criticized the Germans' agriculture calendar because of what?
(a) They only had two seasons.
(b) They used the lunar calendar.
(c) They could not grow wheat.
(d) They did not consider autumn.
2. How were officials chosen for provinces?
(a) By the praetorian guards.
(b) The emperor chose for all provinces.
(c) The Senate chose for peaceful provinces and the emperor for restless ones.
(d) By the people.
3. Tacitus noted that __________ were often confused with Germans by the "civilized."
(a) The Gauls.
(b) The Celtics.
(c) The Spaniards.
(d) The Osi.
4. The German peoples can be described as __________.
5. Tired of Roman rule, under whom did the British unit to revolt while Paulinus was in Britain?
(c) King Cogidumnus.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who were the first to be known as Germani?
2. What was Agricola's reaction to the first attack under his consul?
3. During Agricola's praetorship, his responsibility of public games can be described as __________.
4. What undertone does Mattingly suggest is written in "The Agricola"?
5. Agricola was brought up with an education in __________.
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)