|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Germania.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What historic figure was known to visit Germany and found the city Asciburgium?
2. In Agricola's third year in Britain, he focused on what in particular?
(a) He extended the conquered land to the entire isle.
(b) Tried to leave Britain for Germany.
(c) He built forts.
(d) Granted citizenship for all of Britain.
3. Why did Rome want to conquer Britain?
(a) For their knowledge of arms.
(b) Purely for victory over more lands.
(c) For their gold and silver.
(d) For revenge.
4. How did Tacitus distinguish some tribes as German and not Sarmations?
(a) By their clothing style.
(b) Sarmations were nomadic while Germans lived in homes.
(c) Sarmations were blonde and lighter-skinned.
(d) By their primary weapons.
5. What custom did Chatti boys assume until they showed their worth of birth?
(a) They shaved and showed no beard until they survived a battle.
(b) They worked in the home until they proved they can fight.
(c) They continued to grow their hair until their first enemy kill.
(d) Took their mother's name until their first war, then they were given their father's name.
Short Answer Questions
1. The invasion of Italy by the Germans was __________.
2. Of the following, what was most upsetting for Tacitus in regards to Agricola's death?
3. How did Agricola's father get Gaius the emperor angry at him?
4. What was Augustus's goal as a Roman leader?
5. Of the following, which title did Tacitus never hold?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)