|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Germania.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Agricola's arrival in Britain differ from the usual arrival of a new governor?
(a) The auxiliaries had put on a military salute for him.
(b) There was no pagaentry.
(c) The legions saluted him.
(d) There was a parade.
2. What political harmony did Tacitus wish to see in the Roman Republic?
(a) Autocracy and freedom.
(b) Harmony between the Emperor and Senate.
(c) The Roman Empire and the German tribes.
(d) The Senate and the Praetorian Guards.
3. What were the Germans' choice of arms?
(b) Battle axes.
4. The invasion of Italy by the Germans was __________.
(b) A slow creeping progress.
5. How did the British help the Romans succeed in conquering more regions?
(a) The British tribes fought against one another.
(b) The British allied with the Romans on campaigns into Germany.
(c) The British were fooled to give away their horses to the Romans.
(d) The British underestimated the Roman leaders and was not prepared for war.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tacitus noted that the Germans felt which way about gold and silver?
2. The German peoples can be described as __________.
3. How did the public feel about Agricola's role in Britain?
4. What happened to the emperor of Rome?
5. During Agricola's praetorship, his responsibility of public games can be described as __________.
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)