|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Germania.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of the following, which title did Tacitus never hold?
2. What memorable adventure happened to the Usipi?
(a) They ran into the Fenni and were almost eaten by them.
(b) They almost drowned in stormy seas off the coast of Britain.
(c) They sailed around North Britain, starved and were mistaken as pirates.
(d) They had the best victory over Roman legions in history.
3. What lesson from others' experience did Agricola consider when he was victorious in battles?
(a) Be prepared for a possible revenge.
(b) He celebrated lavishly to show his power.
(c) Instilling fear in the enemy helped retain control.
(d) Injustice afterwards did not help the victory.
4. Agricola called on whose help to equalize the sword fighting skills of the British?
(a) The cavalry.
(b) The Batavians and Tungrians.
(c) The Gauls.
(d) The Praetorian Guards.
5. During assembly, how did the Germans show respectful agreement?
(a) Clashed their weapons.
(b) Said "Ja."
(c) Nodded their heads.
(d) Kept silence.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helped Nerva bring the praetorian guards to obedience?
2. How was Arminius received at home after his win over Quintillius?
3. Agricola was brought up with an education in __________.
4. What was Augustus's goal as a Roman leader?
5. German strength in fighting was best seen in their __________.
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)