|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Germania.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Agricola primarily spend his time in the military?
2. How did Tacitus distinguish some tribes as German and not Sarmations?
(a) Sarmations were blonde and lighter-skinned.
(b) By their clothing style.
(c) By their primary weapons.
(d) Sarmations were nomadic while Germans lived in homes.
3. In addition to arms as gifts, what had the Romans influenced the Germans to accept as gifts?
4. Where did Agricola stand when fighting with his men?
(a) In the very front.
(b) He did not fight in the battlegrounds.
(c) In the middle as his men surrounded him.
(d) In the back.
5. What held back efficiency in a German assembly of chiefs?
(a) Lack of punctuality.
(d) Lack of leadership.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the Introduction, Mattingly claims the Germans needed what if they were to ever reach maturity?
2. Tacitus credited whom for Roman successes?
3. Which Roman ruler was the first to try to conquer Britain?
4. Although feuds between families passed on to heirs, what reconciled them?
5. What happened to Britain's hold after Agricola left?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)