1. Between which years was Tacitus alive?
(a) A.D. 85-150.
(b) A.D. 50-115.
(c) A.D. 500-1115.
(d) B.C. 50-115.
2. Of the following, which title did Tacitus never hold?
3. According to Mattingly, what was most important to Tacitus in his life?
(a) His family.
(b) His career.
(c) The reigning emperor.
(d) His mother.
4. How did Tacitus handle his political position under an emperor?
(a) Followed loyally, despite his own feelings.
(b) Unwavering with his own stance.
(c) Usually manipulated the officials of the emperor to take his stance.
(d) Believed in whatever the emperor believed in.
5. Mattingly observes what defect in Tactitus' writings?
(a) Carelessness in proper names and dates.
(b) Exaggeration of stories.
(d) Carelessness in geography and military history.
6. What style of writing did Tacitus follow?
(a) Stream of conscious.
(d) Brief and poetic.
7. What was Tacitus' relationship to Agricola?
(a) He was Agricola's military right hand man.
(b) They had no direct relationship.
(c) He was Agricola's son-in-law.
(d) He was Agricola's son.
This section contains 4,348 words
(approx. 15 pages at 300 words per page)