1. Between which years was Tacitus alive?
(a) A.D. 50-115.
(b) B.C. 50-115.
(c) A.D. 500-1115.
(d) A.D. 85-150.
2. Of the following, which title did Tacitus never hold?
3. According to Mattingly, what was most important to Tacitus in his life?
(a) His career.
(b) His family.
(c) His mother.
(d) The reigning emperor.
4. How did Tacitus handle his political position under an emperor?
(a) Usually manipulated the officials of the emperor to take his stance.
(b) Unwavering with his own stance.
(c) Believed in whatever the emperor believed in.
(d) Followed loyally, despite his own feelings.
5. Mattingly observes what defect in Tactitus' writings?
(a) Carelessness in proper names and dates.
(c) Carelessness in geography and military history.
(d) Exaggeration of stories.
6. What style of writing did Tacitus follow?
(b) Brief and poetic.
(d) Stream of conscious.
7. What was Tacitus' relationship to Agricola?
(a) He was Agricola's son-in-law.
(b) He was Agricola's military right hand man.
(c) They had no direct relationship.
(d) He was Agricola's son.
This section contains 4,348 words
(approx. 15 pages at 300 words per page)