Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 47, Tess tries once more to get Alec to leave her alone. What does she do?
2. What gift does Tess receive from Angel's parents?
3. Angel and Tess agree to separate. What does Angel tell Tess when they part?
4. Angel and Tess set their wedding date for ____.
5. What does Alec tell Tess in Chapter 47, when she refuses him yet again?
Essay Topic 1
When Tess tells Alec about her visit from Angel, he is both angry and mocking. Do you think his reaction is justified?
Essay Topic 2
It is often said that a "punishment should fit the crime." Discuss this statement in connection with either Tess or Alec. Does this saying hold true in their cases? Why or why not? Make sure that you clearly describe both the crime and the punishment.
Essay Topic 3
Tess names her baby Sorrow. What is the significance of this name? And what is implied by the scene in which Tess buries Sorrow in a corner of the churchyard reserved for the 'ungodly.' Is this the point at which Tess loses her religious faith?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)