Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 47, Tess tries once more to get Alec to leave her alone. What does she do?
2. What gift does Tess receive from Angel's parents?
3. Angel and Tess agree to separate. What does Angel tell Tess when they part?
4. Angel and Tess set their wedding date for ____.
5. What does Alec tell Tess in Chapter 47, when she refuses him yet again?
Essay Topic 1
Describe the 'double standard' that Angel embraces with respect to the relationships he and Tess have had in the past. Concentrate on Chapters 34 and 35. What do you think of Angel after this? Has your opinion of him changed. Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
In Chapter 46 Tess says, "How can I pray for you, when I am forbidden to believe that the great Power who moves the world would alter his plans on my account?" How is this to be interpreted, in light of all that has happened to her? Is she becoming cynical? Bitter? Or is she simply being realistic?
Essay Topic 3
When Tess tells Alec about her visit from Angel, he is both angry and mocking. Do you think his reaction is justified?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)