Final Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 47, Tess tries once more to get Alec to leave her alone. What does she do?
(a) Slaps him on the face with her leather glove.
(b) Tells him she has rejected religion.
(c) Tells him she will tell her father that he is bothering her.
(d) Slaps him in the face with a horse whip.
2. What gift does Tess receive from Angel's parents?
(a) Gold goblets.
(b) Diamond jewelry.
(c) A horse and coach.
(d) Sapphire earrings.
3. Angel and Tess agree to separate. What does Angel tell Tess when they part?
(a) That he hates her now.
(b) Not to follow him unless he sends for her.
(c) Not to forget him.
(d) That he will always love her.
4. Angel and Tess set their wedding date for ____.
(a) The next September.
(b) Angel's birthday.
(c) New Year's Eve.
(d) Christmas Eve.
5. What does Alec tell Tess in Chapter 47, when she refuses him yet again?
(a) That he is her master, and always will be.
(b) That he thinks she is being foolish.
(c) That she is his slave and always will be.
(d) That he is going to Africa to forget her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Seeing Angel's reaction to her confession, Tess offers to ____.
2. What does Tess learn about the significance of the monument?
3. While the family is camping out of doors after they've left Marlott, Alec notices that Tess is not there. He goes in search of her and finds her where?
4. Who does Tess learn is responsible for the change in Alec?
5. How does Tess feel when she finds herself taken into captivity?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)