Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 47, Tess tries once more to get Alec to leave her alone. What does she do?
(a) Slaps him on the face with her leather glove.
(b) Tells him she has rejected religion.
(c) Tells him she will tell her father that he is bothering her.
(d) Slaps him in the face with a horse whip.
2. What gift does Tess receive from Angel's parents?
(a) Gold goblets.
(b) Diamond jewelry.
(c) A horse and coach.
(d) Sapphire earrings.
3. Angel and Tess agree to separate. What does Angel tell Tess when they part?
(a) That he hates her now.
(b) Not to follow him unless he sends for her.
(c) Not to forget him.
(d) That he will always love her.
4. Angel and Tess set their wedding date for ____.
(a) The next September.
(b) Angel's birthday.
(c) New Year's Eve.
(d) Christmas Eve.
5. What does Alec tell Tess in Chapter 47, when she refuses him yet again?
(a) That he is her master, and always will be.
(b) That he thinks she is being foolish.
(c) That she is his slave and always will be.
(d) That he is going to Africa to forget her.
6. Seeing Angel's reaction to her confession, Tess offers to ____.
(b) Drown herself.
(c) Never speak of the matter again.
(d) Have the marriage annulled.
7. What does Tess learn about the significance of the monument?
(a) It is a symbol of Christianity.
(b) It is a symbol of chastity.
(c) It is a commemoration to someone who sold his soul to the devil.
(d) It is a pagan symbol.
8. While the family is camping out of doors after they've left Marlott, Alec notices that Tess is not there. He goes in search of her and finds her where?
(a) In the field behind the burial grounds.
(b) In the church looking at the tombs of her ancestors.
(c) Looking at the carriage, to see if she can discover why it is an ill omen.
(d) In the church praying.
9. Who does Tess learn is responsible for the change in Alec?
(a) Mercy Chant.
(b) No one, Alec has not changed.
(c) Her own father.
(d) The parson from Marlott.
10. How does Tess feel when she finds herself taken into captivity?
(a) Relieved, and glad, because she thinks she is unworthy of Angel's love.
(b) Anxious because she is not sure what will happen next.
(c) Terrified, she does not want to be punished.
(d) Rebellious, she thinks she should fight.
11. When Tess catches up with Angel and tells him she has killed Alec, the pair decide to _______.
(a) Run away to Brazil.
(b) Hide in the woods until the search for Tess is called off.
(c) Return to Sandbourne.
(d) Go to Tantridge so Tess can turn herself in.
12. As the family is moving, they encounter ____ and ____.
(a) Alec and his father.
(b) Izz and Marian.
(c) Izz and Rhetty.
(d) Rhetty and Marian.
13. Why does Angel hit another man in Chapter 33?
(a) The man makes a pass at Tess.
(b) The man is drunk and knocks Tess down.
(c) The man recognizes Tess and questions her virtue.
(d) The man is an old enemy of Angel's father.
14. Angel wakes one morning to find that he and Tess are surrounded by ____ men.
(b) Twenty three.
15. Tess discovers that the Queen of Spades also works at the farm. What other name is she known by?
(a) Cari Darch.
(b) Car Darch.
(c) Carlette Dutch.
(d) Car Dench.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Marian react to the marriage?
2. Alec offers Tess and her family lodgings at ____.
3. In Chapter 52, Angel returns to ____.
4. When Angel and Liza Lu leave the prison, they go up on a hill above _____.
5. What job does Tess do at the farm, until winter arrives?
This section contains 628 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)